Sign in to follow this  
Taomeow

Tao in the human world

7 hours ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

But, as you agree, this is all happening at once, right now.

So our remembrances and our projections are things we currently do, no matter what or "when" they refer to.

Every time we do them, we are doing them right then.

-VonKrankenhaus

I hope you aren't expecting me to disagree with that.

• Like 1

Psst...  Lookie here...  One point=zero dimensions.  Two points=one dimension. 

Modern physics is discovering taoism little by little...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

One source, many rivers.

You remind me Taomeow, it's time to reread Fritjoff Capra's The Tao Of Physics.

Great book as I recall!  And before that one, Dancing Wu Li Masters.  And after both, DNA and the I Ching.   But that was zen then, this is tao now...

Now it's time to re-read The End of Time: The New Revolution in Physics.  I looked back just now and realized that I'd be intellectually at an impasse in the past couple of years without certain ideas shaped in part by this book.  I wouldn't know what to make of some glitches in reality.  Or understand how the quantum computer works, or have an explanation as to how (I still don't know why) a certain person got erased from my memory.  I mean, completely.  I know there was a period where this person had to exist, no way around it.  Know this feeling when you wake up from a dream sometimes with a memory of interacting with "someone" but not the foggiest who that someone was?  Like that, only not in a dream but in this-here life (if it's the same life, of course, of which I have certain doubts.)  Time is fishy. 

• Like 1

Chiming in briefly from the perspective of my Stillness-Movement practice, for the longest time I had always thought in terms of linear cause and effect.

After many of the meditation experiences I've had though, linear cause and effect now feels like only one aspect of a spectrum that also includes nonlinear conjoined space. It's quite a relief, although I'm still moving forward and seeking to progress in one sense, there is also an underlying sense that there is no FINAL future perfection or salvation in a linear future that I need to agonize over.

Edited by Enishi
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Psst...  Lookie here...  One point=zero dimensions.  Two points=one dimension. 

Modern physics is discovering taoism little by little...

The fourth dimension is what I was speak to when I said time/space except the placement of the object is simultaneous, that is, movement in space at zero time. - disappears and reappears in another place at the same time.  More than four dimensions is too much for my brain at the present time.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this