Sign in to follow this  
Larry

Hello Fellow and Fellowette Tao Bums

Hello,

My name is Larry and I live in the pacific northwest (north of Seattle). I'm just looking around, trying to learn a little about Taoism.

From reading various threads so far I see that its mostly bickering and bragging and that goes on here. The pictures of your members (thread avatar) have them holding man made weapons used for fighting (more hostility). So this is the Tao as you see it... no thanks, I prefer something a little gentler and closer to nature, like Lao Tzu's teachings. Good day all.

Take care bums,

Larry

Edited by Larry

Hi Larry.. At the moment the board is attracting a huge number of new members.

Some of them appear to be trolls, or people with little to give and many axes to grind.

It is very tedious, really.

I'm not sure if this is the time to re - think the board policy on new members. I rather wonder if there could be an outer forum and an inner forum, and full board membership comes after provisional membership and is granted when a poster has proved themselves civil. This is not remotely in my hands, of course. It's just an idea floating in my head.

I'm sorry we have given you such a negative first impression.

There are actually lots of lovely and interesting and civilised people here, honest!

Hello,

My name is Larry and I live in the pacific northwest (north of Seattle). I'm just looking around, trying to learn a little about Taoism.

From reading various threads so far I see that its mostly bickering and bragging and that goes on here. The pictures of your members (thread avatar) have them holding man made weapons used for fighting (more hostility). So this is the Tao as you see it... no thanks, I prefer something a little gentler and closer to nature, like Lao Tzu's teachings. Good day all.

Take care bums,

Larry

Introduce yourself, criticize, and blast off... the force is strong in this one!! :lol:

Thanks for visiting!

Looks like he found out the secret. There's only one of us, writing as all 600 members

Michael

Or is that the REAL SECRET of existence !!!!! B)

Hello,

Take care bums,

Larry

Hello I must be going.

Actually nature is not always gentle - it takes many forms just as when people get together there are many viewpoints and many ways of expressing them.

On the whole this forum is not hostile. I skip a topic when people are going at it.

As for weapons in avatars these are used in martial arts practice and express tradition.

I have never read a violent post here.

I find it curious that your ego feels it necessary to express your point of view and run along.

Did he just do what he said he didn't like that we were doing?

The hypocrisy of it all! :lol:

I read it as he was expressing his disapointment, as helpful feedback for us.

I think it's fair comment, and it's just as well to be aware that some potentially valuable members will be uninterested in posting here, because of all the tosh that goes on.

Less tosh would be good, as far as I'm concerned.

Obviously as Taoists we dont have to be Holier than Thou and nicey nicey, but nor do we have to be so reactive and touchy that we are like drunks in a bar. And some of the members are indeed like drunks in a bar, and it isnt acceptable.

There is a thread here in which TaoMeow just got insulted about her looks. Obviously it is a brain - dead insult, as we dont know what she looks like, and it's irrelevant, but an ambience created by posters like that is deeply offputting for a lot of people.

Quite rightly so.

Sign in to follow this