Mr. Knuckles

Future problems

I'm a high school student and i don't know what to do. Recently, being a senior and all, a lot of people have been asking me what i want to do with my life, college, military or whatever. The thing is, I don't know,i know i have a future [well, i think i have a future] i just don't know what it is, i'm the kind of person who just handles things as they come up, i live life day-to-day, so i don't even know how to aproach this...

so, my questionto all of you is, is there some way, taoist, meditation, or otherwise that i can make this more apparent to myself?

thanks,

Mr. K

ha ha

i am a senior in high school as well. i am going to go to college for my standard 2 years and then will i choose what i would like to do. if you need some assistance make a list of things you like to do and find careers that follow under them.

I'm a high school student and i don't know what to do. Recently, being a senior and all, a lot of people have been asking me what i want to do with my life, college, military or whatever. The thing is, I don't know,i know i have a future [well, i think i have a future] i just don't know what it is, i'm the kind of person who just handles things as they come up, i live life day-to-day, so i don't even know how to aproach this...

so, my questionto all of you is, is there some way, taoist, meditation, or otherwise that i can make this more apparent to myself?

thanks,

Mr. K

Dear Mr. K,

I am 25 now. Seems like highschool was just yesterday. I am not you, and hence I can't give you advice on what to do with your life. But I would like to tell what things I regret most, my biggest mistakes and hang-ups. Advice to myself in the past perhaps.

1. Money doesn't exit. It's an idea. Banks make money out of thin air. (yes actually they do, just ask any economist) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy-fD78zyvI

Some people spend their entire lives saving up to buy crap they never even really own. It's pointless, stupid and a waste of time.

I have been working now for many years and I have nothing more to show for it than a bunch of wrinkles and 10 years of my life wasted. I could have been just as happy working a job for a few months a year to feed and cloth myself and living in the wilderness.

Everything you buy anyway is designed to be obsolete and brake as soon as possible. Buy Buy Buy! The rat race is just another level of control.

You need the basics for life, and thats it, learn to be happy with it. If you cannot be happy with nothing, then you most certainly will not be happy with more than that.

1a. Learn to enjoy things that are free, or mostly free. The Internet, knowledge, games, libraries, community centers, nature, etc. etc. etc. I live in a one bedroom apt, I own a moped, and I love it. I am so glad I got rid of all my shit. I wish I could lose even more, maybe even move into the woods one day using only solar power for a few devices.

2. Women. Women will suck you dry. No not in a sexual way usually. Your life energy, your time, your money, your sanity. Most women don't love you, they love the money, energy, and emotional stability you provide for them. 99% of them follow their biological directives, they want a provider to make babies with and support them till they die. If you absolutely have to have sex drive out to nevada and pay for it. It will save you a hell of a lot of trouble, and money in the long run. Otherwise get a fleshlight. I highly recommend getting a good platonic (nonsexual) male friend to be your roommate if you find you require companionship. Granted there may be a few good women out there but the time required to find them is astronomical, and women are masters of deception, they can be a totally different person right until after the honeymoon.

2a. For the ladies, so you don't think I am a misogynistic chauvinist prick.

Men.. 99% of them do no care about you, they never did, they never will, your a toy for them to masturbate with and as soon as they find a newer one your gone. Some might get attached to you, and stick around, but more than anything you annoy the piss out of them, and eventually they will leave. Harsh words, but they are true. While women fake orgasms men fake emotional involvement and entire relationships. 99% of men are cockroaches, you are better off being content being alone, and being self sufficient. You do not NEED a man, no matter how much you think you might. Cats, friends, and vibrators will do you better than any man ever will.

3. Pretty much everything your government and society have told you is bullshit. Any truth that slips past is violently suppressed. I am not just talking about politics/religion here. I mean EVERYTHING. IT'S ALL HORSESHIT. Learn to see through it. It isn't real, money isn't real, happiness via material wealth isn't real, most of the food and things you come in contact with are coated in poison. It's all one big lie, some people can see through it, and we call those people enlightened beings.

Edited by mwight

thanks,

Mr. K

yes - go look at your average working stiff, at a homeless on the street, at a geezer in a nursing home - and ask yourself: what did them in and how i not end up like them?

Dear Mr. K,

I am 25 now. Seems like highschool was just yesterday. I am not you, and hence I can't give you advice on what to do with your life. But I would like to tell what things I regret most, my biggest mistakes and hang-ups. Advice to myself in the past perhaps.

1. Money doesn't exit. It's an idea. Banks make money out of thin air. (yes actually they do, just ask any economist)

Some people spend their entire lives saving up to buy crap they never even really own. It's pointless, stupid and a waste of time.

I have been working now for many years and I have nothing more to show for it than a bunch of wrinkles and 10 years of my life wasted. I could have been just as happy working a job for a few months a year to feed and cloth myself and living in the wilderness.

Everything you buy anyway is designed to be obsolete and brake as soon as possible. Buy Buy Buy! The rat race is just another level of control.

You need the basics for life, and thats it, learn to be happy with it. If you cannot be happy with nothing, then you most certainly will not be happy with more than that.

1a. Learn to enjoy things that are free, or mostly free. The Internet, knowledge, games, libraries, community centers, nature, etc. etc. etc. I live in a one bedroom apt, I own a moped, and I love it. I am so glad I got rid of all my shit. I wish I could lose even more, maybe even move into the woods one day using only solar power for a few devices.

2. Women. Women will suck you dry. No not in a sexual way usually. Your life energy, your time, your money, your sanity. Most women don't love you, they love the money, energy, and emotional stability you provide for them. 99% of them follow their biological directives, they want a provider to make babies with and support them till they die. If you absolutely have to have sex drive out to nevada and pay for it. It will save you a hell of a lot of trouble, and money in the long run. Otherwise get a fleshlight. I highly recommend getting a good platonic (nonsexual) male friend to be your roommate if you find you require companionship. Granted there may be a few good women out there but the time required to find them is astronomical, and women are masters of deception, they can be a totally different person right until after the honeymoon.

Men.. 99% of them do no care about you, they never did, they never will, your a toy for them to masturbate with and as soon as they find a newer one your gone. Some might get attached to you, and stick around, but more than anything you annoy the piss out of them, and eventually they will leave. Harsh words, but they are true. While women fake orgasms men fake emotional involvement and entire relationships. 99% of men are cockroaches, you are better off being content being alone, and being self sufficient. You do not NEED a man, no matter how much you think you might. Cats, friends, and vibrators will do you better than any man ever will.

3. Pretty much everything your government and society have told you is bullshit. Any truth that slips past is violently suppressed. I am not just talking about politics/religion here. I mean EVERYTHING. IT'S ALL HORSESHIT. Learn to see through it. It isn't real, money isn't real, happiness via material wealth isn't real, most of the food and things you come in contact with are coated in poison. It's all one big lie, some people can see through it, and we call those people enlightened beings.

well, i already knew 1 and 3, and 2 just seems a little... well, i can't think of the word but it's something like "cynical"... actually i don't even know what that word means now that i think about it... but i digress, thanks for the input and i never intended to live my life for money and i've seen material things ruin many a person... I'lll keep all of that in mind, though...

yes - go look at your average working stiff, at a homeless on the street, at a geezer in a nursing home - and ask yourself: what did them in and how i not end up like them?

hmm... indeed...

thanks...

ha ha

i am a senior in high school as well. i am going to go to college for my standard 2 years and then will i choose what i would like to do. if you need some assistance make a list of things you like to do and find careers that follow under them.

i've done that before and i can't think of any interest that i would wanna commit enough time to make a career out of it...

well, i already knew 1 and 3, and 2 just seems a little... well, i can't think of the word but it's something like "cynical"... actually i don't even know what that word means now that i think about it... but i digress, thanks for the input and i never intended to live my life for money and i've seen material things ruin many a person... I'lll keep all of that in mind, though...

hmm... indeed...

haha, yes I am a little cynical. Burnt out on the BS is more of how I feel. All my friends that are 25-30 feel the same way. It's not so much women in general. Women as people are equal to men. It's just human nature.

He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes.

-Buddha

I prefer isolation to companionship, thats just me though. My life has been 1000 fold better since I admitted my addiction to relationships, and moved on.

Remember love and compassion are two different things indeed. The Buddha preached compassion for all beings, and love for none.

Edited by mwight

i've done that before and i can't think of any interest that i would wanna commit enough time to make a career out of it...

Okay - I'm at the other end of the age spectrum, so here's my 2 cents. Don't think of it as committing to a lifetime of anything. Follow what makes you happy now. It will lead you down a path that you will at least enjoy. There will be lots of twists and turns, but if you continue to go back to your touchstone (what makes you happy now) you will be fine. Follow your own path.

• Like 1

haha, yes I am a little cynical. Burnt out on the BS is more of how I feel. All my friends that are 25-30 feel the same way. It's not so much women in general. Women as people are equal to men. It's just human nature.

He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes.

-Buddha

I prefer isolation to companionship, thats just me though. My life has been 1000 fold better since I admitted my addiction to relationships, and moved on.

Remember love and compassion are two different things indeed. The Buddha preached compassion for all beings, and love for none.

indeed, I will remember that...

Okay - I'm at the other end of the age spectrum, so here's my 2 cents. Don't think of it as committing to a lifetime of anything. Follow what makes you happy now. It will lead you down a path that you will at least enjoy. There will be lots of twists and turns, but if you continue to go back to your touchstone (what makes you happy now) you will be fine. Follow your own path.

i'm trying to follow my own path, i just can't find it...

I have found my path at least. I want to transcend or ascend. To become more than what I am. Einstein, Tesla, John Chang, Edgar Cayce... all went further than most people ever will... I want to be there with them..

I want to transcend this world...

Even if it never happens at least I enjoyed trying.

thats my nindo

I have found my path at least. I want to transcend or ascend. To become more than what I am. Einstein, Tesla, John Chang, Edgar Cayce... all went further than most people ever will... I want to be there with them..

I want to transcend this world...

Even if it never happens at least I enjoyed trying.

thats my nindo

I wish it were that easy for me right now, if i were older i'd have more options, but now people expect me to do something that they would consider good, it's i'm not really making the choices, my parents/family/teachers are...

Dear Mr. K,

I am 25 now.

Well you have number 3 right.

One and two are distorted.

As for women you have either had a few bad experiences or your model role i.e father older brother etc

has instilled a negative attitude in you towards women. If you continue with this attitude you will certainly

get what you wish for. Some past experience might be distorting you ability to judge the truth of people

As for your take on men - what kind of home life did you have growing up.

Who are your friends and who do you hang with.

I suggest you see a counsellor or do some heavy meditation.

Yes there are men and women as you describe but this is not all inclusive.

I don't mean any of this as coming down on you - just trying to be helpful.

peace

As for women you have either had a few bad experiences or your model role i.e father older brother etc

has instilled a negative attitude in you towards women. If you continue with this attitude you will certainly

get what you wish for. Some past experience might be distorting you ability to judge the truth of people

peace

to be fair he said "99%"... not every woman or man... lol

peace

I am not going to argue with you myth, not worth my energy. I have been around long enough to know what time of day it is. I used to be very naive, not so much anymore. I think most people suck, and I don't like them. I feel compassion for them, but I don't like them. I prefer being alone. btw 1 is correct I am certain talk to any economist he will tell you the same.

i know this won't be comforting, but it may take you a while to find that path. not many people in my circle knew what path they wanted to follow when they were in high school. and i've found that if you don't have a specific path in mind, that you will either find out what you don't want to do OR the path will find you.

for example, when i was in high school, i was tracked into the math and science classes (aptitude + being female = classes being chosen for you), so my thought then was that i'd go to college in those fields, but they didn't make me happy. i didn't enjoy all the studying i had to do just to pass by in tests. so i thought anthropology was my field, but i'd have to do field work and research all the time to keep a teaching job, so that was out. i worked various jobs, didn't like any of them. finally went back to college, seven years after high school, thinking i'd become a veterinarian assistant and once again, was not happy. a few teachers in the lit and writing courses i was taking saw my aptitude for understanding the classics and a gift for the written word. so i changed my major, took some multimedia classes, ended up with a BA in Humanities (Literature & Writing) and a Certificate in Interactive Multimedia. six years later, ended up with an MFA in Creative Writing, a job teaching computers in a community center and almost done with my first novel. i'm 35, i write, i play on computers all day and i get to hang around a great group of kids while teaching them some skills they need and an appreciation for the arts.

i'm so happy with where my life is right now and i wouldn't have ended up where i did without those misadventures and missteps. that's what life is about - exploring everything that interests you and filling up your cup. and trust me, your family and friends may not understand everything - or anything - you're trying out, but as long as it's fulfilling or enlightening to you, then it's all good. i hope my story gives you a little hope or piece of mind. don't worry - you'll find your path.

• Like 1

i know this won't be comforting, but it may take you a while to find that path. not many people in my circle knew what path they wanted to follow when they were in high school. and i've found that if you don't have a specific path in mind, that you will either find out what you don't want to do OR the path will find you.

for example, when i was in high school, i was tracked into the math and science classes (aptitude + being female = classes being chosen for you), so my thought then was that i'd go to college in those fields, but they didn't make me happy. i didn't enjoy all the studying i had to do just to pass by in tests. so i thought anthropology was my field, but i'd have to do field work and research all the time to keep a teaching job, so that was out. i worked various jobs, didn't like any of them. finally went back to college, seven years after high school, thinking i'd become a veterinarian assistant and once again, was not happy. a few teachers in the lit and writing courses i was taking saw my aptitude for understanding the classics and a gift for the written word. so i changed my major, took some multimedia classes, ended up with a BA in Humanities (Literature & Writing) and a Certificate in Interactive Multimedia. six years later, ended up with an MFA in Creative Writing, a job teaching computers in a community center and almost done with my first novel. i'm 35, i write, i play on computers all day and i get to hang around a great group of kids while teaching them some skills they need and an appreciation for the arts.

i'm so happy with where my life is right now and i wouldn't have ended up where i did without those misadventures and missteps. that's what life is about - exploring everything that interests you and filling up your cup. and trust me, your family and friends may not understand everything - or anything - you're trying out, but as long as it's fulfilling or enlightening to you, then it's all good. i hope my story gives you a little hope or piece of mind. don't worry - you'll find your path.

so... you had multiple paths and narrowed them down?

ok cool... i guess i'll try that then...

thanks...

i think her message is more of that to feel things out, what you don't like in high school may be totally different in college.

If is true that we create our own reality then all are right here.

What do you want?

Edited by nfamily1

If is true that we create our own reality then all are right here.

What do you want?

huh?

i think her message is more of that to feel things out, what you don't like in high school may be totally different in college.

that's what i meant....

lol

I feel I am responsible for my own reality. If it sucks then I suck.

There are an infinite number of realities ranging from heaven to absolute hell. We navigate through them each second via our thoughts, actions and choices. So no you don't suck, you just haven't learned to navigate well yet. Neither have I or anyone else here obviously. Don't be so hard on yourself.

• Like 1

There are an infinite number of realities ranging from heaven to absolute hell. We navigate through them each second via our thoughts, actions and choices. So no you don't suck, you just haven't learned to navigate well yet. Neither have I or anyone else here obviously. Don't be so hard on yourself.

beautifully said

I will give you the same piece of advice one of my philosophy professor's once gave me:

"It is much more important to have the right questions, than to have the right answers."

It sounds to me like you are asking the right questions, so perhaps you are closer than you think. If all else fails, just look at what everyone else is doing and do the exact opposite. Most of the people are wrong most of the time, and the path of least resistance is seldom fulfilling.

Brgds!

• Like 1