Hello.  I am a long time member and a non frequent poster.  It is great to be here and always love the upgrades and improvements over the years. Currently I am working on the connection between internal arts. Specifically Aikido and Bagua. Anyone interested in discussing the historical possibility of  this?

I look forward to your thread on this topic. There are Bagua and Aikido players on the forum. So, it should get some discussion.

• Like 1

Some may find this useful one of his students a friend dubbed it for english speakers...

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 2

There is plenty of connection between Bagua and Aikido.  You can check Bruce's work on this.  Just because the Japanese don't ever want to consider the Chinese as their big brother, most of them are intelligent to understand it as truth.

Guo Shilei has been attempting to align with Us.  That is up to my wife.  She is the lineage holder.  

sure enough.  she will drop me in an instant and take care of anyone else who has a problem too.  funny that way to be a combat veteran and almost 6 feet tall and get dropped by a 5-4 125 pounder....:D  one day she might let me show you some videos of it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Doc said:

:D  one day she might let me show you some videos of it.

I think that would be great if she would allow it.

Just now, Marblehead said:

I think that would be great if she would allow it.

I am working on it.   I have the clips.  shocked every time I watch them myself.   

• Like 2

On 15/06/2018 at 10:42 PM, Doc said:

Guo Shilei has been attempting to align with Us.  That is up to my wife.  She is the lineage holder.  

That's very odd.

I'm Guo Shilei's disciple based in Singapore and this is the first I've heard of this.

In fact, I checked with him and this is the first he's heard of it too.

He's also very surprised to hear that someone other than his teacher is the Ma Weiqi lineage holder.

I'm quite curious what your wife's name is.

• Thanks 1

On 10/07/2022 at 8:48 PM, eastpaw said:

That's very odd.

I'm Guo Shilei's disciple based in Singapore and this is the first I've heard of this.

In fact, I checked with him and this is the first he's heard of it too.

He's also very surprised to hear that someone other than his teacher is the Ma Weiqi lineage holder.

I'm quite curious what your wife's name is.

@Doc These are excellent remarks imo. Deserving of a reply!

Edited by Cobie

Thanks for the support, Cobie.

I just had a look at his name and it looks like he left these forums the same day he posted this. Guessing he won't be back.

Edited by eastpaw
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, eastpaw said:

Thanks for the support, Cobie.

I just had a look at his name and it looks like he left these forums the same day he posted this. Guessing he won't be back.

You’re welcome. :) I hope you will post a lot on the forum. 

That closes this little convo then.

Edited by Cobie

No longer relevant. My informant got the usernames mixed up. 😂 

Edited by Cobie

On 15/07/2022 at 3:10 PM, Cobie said:

You’re welcome. :) I hope you will post a lot on the forum. 

That closes this little convo then.

Cheers. Happy to field any questions anyone may have on MWQ Bagua.

I've also uploaded a few more subbed/dubbed videos over the last few years. Some are about the full contact Sanda or Kickboxing tournaments some of our fellows have been competing in.

Trained purely in Bagua/Taiji, not in Sanda or what-not, they've brought home quite a number of gold medals. Some are pro tournament golds.

https://www.youtube.com/user/baguamaweiqi/playlists

• Thanks 1

Appreciate the encouragement, Cobie.

I think I'll take up this discussion again in another thread since this one is very old and has... unfortunate elements.

Edited by eastpaw
  • Like 1