Hello everyone,

Glad to join the forum! I've been practicing Taoist exercises and learning the philosophy for about a year and a half. I've learned a lot and made some mistakes along the way. So far I've kept my practice private, but recently I decided it's time to change this and reach out to the community. 

I have a few questions about The Dao Bums:

What's a good way to get introduced to the forum? Is there a list of rules that I can read? (the ones I found tell me I don't have permission to access them). 

What is a good way to share the details of my Taoist journey so far? 

If I have specific questions (say about Kan Li meditation, or about the spiritual interactions of the organs) how should I go about asking them?

Is there a place where people keep regular journals of their spiritual journey? It would be great to read about other people's on-going experience and post about my own. 

Thanks! 

asbc

• Like 2

Hello, asbc_tao and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi asbc,

Yeah, we all make mistakes, don't we?  Most of your answers should be answered above and in the link noted.  Any unanswered questions may be addressed to the "Tech and Forum Support" sub-forum. 

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

On 1/5/2018 at 6:50 AM, asbc_tao said:

I've learned a lot and made some mistakes along the way.

Hi asbc_tao,

Mistakes are important personal resources - experientially. To err is human. Learning and own personal knowledge management is to me what makes life meaningful everyday. 

So far I've kept my practice private, but recently I decided it's time to change this and reach out to the community.

Why?

Is there a place where people keep regular journals of their spiritual journey? It would be great to read about other people's on-going experience and post about my own. 

I keep such a journal - it is very important to me as a record of my own journey (a road less traveled). But I am not sure about sharing it openly. Why? In my journal I bare my soul to myself - no holds barred.

Welcome to TDB.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2018 at 9:20 PM, Marblehead said:

Yeah, we all make mistakes, don't we?

Good morning Dada-da,

But of course. We are all fallible but we must make good with each fall. Help those who deservingly need a hand to get up.

TaoTeChingOffCenter.png

How about falling in love :wub: ?

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

11 hours ago, Limahong said:

How about falling in love :wub: ?

- LimA

You go ahead.  I'm too old for that.

Edited by Marblehead

6 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I'm too old for that.

Hi Dada-da,

No - not because of age,

You - want to be a sage?

Life - for each to lead,

You - as Marblehead?

- LimA

No, I don't want to be a Sage.  I just want to live (my life at my nature).

You push the marble (boulder) to the top of the hill and then he rolls back down again.  (That's actually Sisyphus but I am he too.)

48 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

You push the marble (boulder) to the top of the hill and then he rolls back down again.  (That's actually Sisyphus but I am he too.)

Hi Dada-da,

The beauty of gravity.

Who is Sisyphus?

Good night.

- LimA

Sisyphus was a Greek who died but was returned to the physical world with a promise to the gods.  He broke his promise and was returned to the world of the dead and his punishment was that he had to roll a boulder up a hill but the top was so pointed that each time he reached to top the boulder rolled down the other side of the hill.  He then had to retrieve the boulder and roll it back up the hill again.  For eternity.  The importance of keeping your promises.  Especially to the gods who have granted you something special.

4 hours ago, Marblehead said:

The importance of keeping your promises.  Especially to the gods who have granted you something special.

Hi Dada- da,

Promises are sacred to me - 'no' for me unless it is 'yes' for keeps.

But the Divine is fairly fine.

Soon a call for wine & dine.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1