Sign in to follow this  
Taomeow

Last year, TDB had monkeys in the banner well into the year of the rooster...

...so I propose picking a new banner for the coming Year of the Dog in advance.  There's still plenty of time -- the real Chinese New Year falls on February 16th this time around -- but based on our prior experience, we may want to start nagging  nudging the party/parties in charge of the task in advance. 

I like this one but apparently it's Japanese...    well, I like the calligraphy, so posting for that, not for the banner proposal (which will probably be a cool surprise from Sean, as usual):   

26055716_746124328916086_4952429603506123739_n.jpg

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 12

8 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

The dog is my year. Lookin' forward to it!

Well, its my year too but it may not be the most auspicious to us... "dog entering the territory of another dog must be careful and maintain a low profile", etc. The sad thing is that on the net you can find the prediction that suits you.

Not that I care much about chinese astrology but since it is my year and I'm  hoping to be coming out of a rough couple of years...If there are serious astrologists here, please stand up and make your predictions for this year: Dogs are waiting!

• Like 3

On 05/01/2018 at 4:08 PM, Lost in Translation said:

The dog is my year. Lookin' forward to it!

FYI, we all age faster in the year of our sign especially in the one we are born in, ie a Fire Dog will age greatly in the Year of Fire Dog (1946). This is because there is an overload of the same energy in our system.

I fear greatly the upcoming 2026 (fire horse). Danger for me and probably a significant and impacting change from a planetary perspective. Next to the ocean and surrounded by trees and on a mountain will counteract the excessive Yang energy that a fire horse will bring in.

2024 (wood dragon), 2025 (wood snake) and 2027 (fire sheep) are going to be challenging too due to excess Yang.

2018 should be fun. :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Gerard said:

I fear greatly the upcoming 2026 (fire horse).

Fire Horse...  the destroyer of the parents' family according to the birth year beliefs all across Asia.  Did it really happen? 

I have personal reasons to be curious.  Of course you don't have to answer if you don't want to.  

I am a fire horse I have brought many blessings to my family. I am glad they did not throw me in the trash when I was born maybe I am just lucky or not a girl...ouch.

Fear is awesome people seem to love it. For a good dose of fear I like to watch the news. 

This year Tao Bums is going to the dogs. Who let the dogs out.

Edited by Wu Ming Jen
  • Like 2

On 1/6/2018 at 9:08 PM, Gerard said:

FYI, we all age faster in the year of our sign especially in the one we are born in, ie a Fire Dog will age greatly in the Year of Fire Dog (1946). This is because there is an overload of the same energy in our system.

Gerard,

I was born in Feb 14 1971, the Year of the Metal Pig (is that true first of all?).  Do you have any info on my birth year from an energy, cultivation, chi kung perspective, and/or can you point me towards any info sources to further explore this for myself.  I used to scoff at astrology, but have been doing a lot of reading lately on Western Alchemy, looking at it at first for a contract/compare with Taoist Alchemy but finding a real interest in for itself.  Currently exploring it through "The Secret Teachings of All Ages," and its mind blowing the origin/connections of current religions practices with past beliefs and rituals.  Very eye opening and at the same time gives me peace to not worry so much about a specific religion (I grew up in a strict Catholic home, have lots of left over quilt I'm working through for not having Jesus Christ as my savior), but just focus on simple beliefs in the foundation of spiritual thought.  Thanks for any pointers on the Chinese Zodiac you can give me bro and thanks for the info in general you bring here.  I practice bagua too but without a teacher...I'm hoping now that I've cleaned up my energy system over the last few years that old aphorism maybe true about a teacher appearing when I'm ready.  Still very far to go though its like an onion when you work on your Self, I'm finding out the work is just beginning when I felt like I made some strides, especially on the emotional level (lots of gunk and obstruction in there once you start clearing away the pieces).  Have a good day.

On 1/8/2018 at 2:06 AM, Wu Ming Jen said:

I am a fire horse I have brought many blessings to my family. I am glad they did not throw me in the trash when I was born maybe I am just lucky or not a girl...ouch.

Hi Wu Ming Jen,

If you get hit THERE, serve you right.

- LimA

• Like 1

On 1/7/2018 at 10:06 AM, Wu Ming Jen said:

I am a fire horse I have brought many blessings to my family.

Could you elaborate?  

I'm a Wooden Dragon ('64). 

As the old saying goes-

wooden dragons

shouldn't play with matches. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2018 at 8:01 AM, Taomeow said:

Year of the Dog

Hi Taomeow,

I am a third generation overseas Chinese and the Lunar New Year is always very special to my family because of the traditional customs. But since our parents left us...

But we are not sliding backwards because of this -

bf1fd2f0e7e24c81c92791005b781af7.jpg

My Mandarin is deplorable. Got this Google-translated - "an early greeting for the new year":

早期的問候在新的一年

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1

Hi Limahong,

thank you for the early greeting!   I'm sure your Mandarin is better than mine, even without Google translate.  :)

Yes, it's a great thing to preserve the family tradition, especially the kind worth preserving.  This one definitely is.  

6 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Yes, it's a great thing to preserve the family tradition, especially the kind worth preserving.

Hi Taomeow,

Tradition dies hard...

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dawei said:

For the record... I did contact Sean and he has the banner change in his mind... 

Ah, thank you.  Had a vision of a dog in his mind in my mind.  :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dawei said:

For the record... I did contact Sean and he has the banner change in his mind... 

It should be on display since 12:01 this morning. Taoism is a non-individualistic path.

Lets hope it won’t be 2 months again like with those ‘damn’ apes! :)

Anyway, I wish everyone a happy 2018 Year of the Earth Dog; the dutiful, loyal and justice-driven animal. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

4374015-x.jpg

The only dog I would have, would be a german sheppard :wub:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, oak said:

The only dog I would have, would be a german sheppard :wub:

My favorite dog too!  :) 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this