Miroku

Qigong and buddhism

Hi, I would like to ask you how did your qigong practice influence your buddhist practice, or how your buddhist practice is integrated in qigong. Just anything that has qigong and buddhism together in your life. Are you vajraya, mahayana or hinayana practitoner? Why do you practice qigong?

I started out practicing Taijiquan and Qigong and ended up interested in Buddhism. I officially joined a Taego Buddhist Order based in Korea in 2015, but I still practice Taijiquan and Qigong. I think the integration point with me is the meditation. The practice is basically the same with emptiness meditation and the Taijiquan and Qigong are things I do on the side now. In the beginning back in the 1990s it was reversed.

• Like 3

I started practicing buddhism first, but daoism and taiji were part of my interest for quite a long time, however where I lived back then there was nothing of that sort. Four years ago I moved to my current town and started visiting buddhist sangha where I met qigong instructors and a year ago I finally started doing qigong.

For me qigong is a tool to be more healthy and live longer high quality life so I can practice buddhism. It is also a great tool to develop mindfulness as one should be mindful while doing the movements and while standing. In that sense it has helped me to develop my practice. 

• Like 4