Sulo Eno

Non-Taoists, Non-Buddhists?

Are there any non-Taoists, non-Buddhists here? I am interested in FP for overall health, and wonder if there is anyone else here like me.

• Like 1

Hello, Sulo Enoi and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Sulo,

I'm not sure what your "FP" means but I'm sure you will be able to find some members willing to talk about health without attachments to other philosophies.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

On 1/2/2018 at 3:23 AM, Sulo Eno said:

Are there any non-Taoists, non-Buddhists here?

Hi Sulo Eno,

What is a non-Taoist or non-Buddhist?

- LimA

• Like 1

Hmm, googled FP and health and get Family Planning,,, sooo .. FP might be a 'no-fap' policy in modern parlance , without the philosophy. Just guessing tho . 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sulo Eno said:

Someone who is neither Taoist nor Buddhist.

Hi Sulo Eno

A 'nobody' re Taoism/Buddhism?

- LimA

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stosh said:

Hmm, googled FP and health and get Family Planning,,, sooo .. FP might be a 'no-fap' policy in modern parlance , without the philosophy. Just guessing tho . 

Flying Phoenix.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sulo Eno said:

Flying Phoenix.

Ah, then I guess I should infer that the FAP habit is fine in FP , nevermind. ;)

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi Sulo Eno

A 'nobody' re Taoism/Buddhism?

- LimA

Hi, yes. 

Not a "nobody", rather someone who practices a non-Eastern religion (in my case, Catholicism). 

P.S. Just to pre-empt any discussion relevant to "Eastern", I consider monotheistic religions essentially a "Western" concept.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Ah, then I guess I should infer that the FAP habit is fine in FP , nevermind. ;)

I don't quite see how that follows, but I suppose there are Taoist origin to Flying Phoenix Chi Kung. As such, I suppose the FAP habit is acceptable to Taoists from a moral standpoint...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sulo Eno said:

Not a "nobody", rather someone who practices a non-Eastern religion...

Hi Sulo Eno,

The Ballad of East and West

Rudyard Kipling (1865–1936)

OH, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God’s great Judgment Seat;
But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth,
When two strong men stand face to face, tho’ they come from the ends of the earth!

- LimA

17 minutes ago, Sulo Eno said:

I don't quite see how that follows, but I suppose there are Taoist origin to Flying Phoenix Chi Kung. As such, I suppose the FAP habit is acceptable to Taoists from a moral standpoint...

Just messin , but yes,  IMO Taoism isn't a morality based system. :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sulo Eno said:

I suppose the FAP habit is acceptable to Taoists from a moral standpoint...

Hi Sulo Eno,

Please advise what is FAP. Thank you.

- LimA

2 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi Sulo Eno,

Please advise what is FAP. Thank you.

- LimA

Unfortunately, I believe "FAP" is referencing masturbation.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Just messin , but yes,  IMO Taoism isn't a morality based system. :)

I do believe it is a morality-based system. I have read of 5- 10- 36- and 180-precept systems of thinking within Taoism. I believe the difference is found with the consequence of wrong action, belief, inaction versus Catholicism.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sulo Eno said:

Unfortunately, I believe "FAP" is referencing masturbation.

Hi Sulo Eno,

There is nothing unfortunate about masturbation. It is something natural until...

Get it sorted out...

Everything will be fine.

I like your forthrightness.

- LimA

• Like 2

I'm not sure what you're getting at , but actions which don't work out well are not immoral necessarily, nor do morally approved decisions or actions yield positive result. And I am not one of the 'inaction' adherents, which is why I need to define thins as being IMO rather than what you may have been described- to expect. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sulo Eno said:

Hi, yes. 

Not a "nobody", rather someone who practices a non-Eastern religion (in my case, Catholicism). 

P.S. Just to pre-empt any discussion relevant to "Eastern", I consider monotheistic religions essentially a "Western" concept.

All re-ligions function is to re-link to awareness of the nature of reality.  

Picking labels or clinging to dogmas only further separates a being from the real.  The objective of Catholicism is the same as Taoist objective, and the same as Buddhist objective.  The only aspects where they seem different is the human manufactured confusion induced unnecessary constructs which exist as obstacles to away from the ability to re-link a being to the nature of reality.  While in these bodies, we lack even the capacity to know dreaming state from waking state, let alone have the ability to comprehend the Oneness that is sometimes labeled God or God(s).  All a beings choice in beliefs is equally there own choice in manufactured confusion.  When belief (delusion) is traded for appreciating the whole of the real in now (God/Oneness), this indicates the fruit of success for Christian mystics, Catholic mystics, Sufi mystics, Hindi mystics, Buddhist and Taoist mystics alike.  You are in good company with like-minded compassionate folks who aided my own development to the limits of my choice in mindfulness and appreciation of the universal wisdom shared freely here. 

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Bud Jetsun said:

All re-ligions function is to re-link to awareness of the nature of reality.  

Picking labels or clinging to dogmas only further separates a being from the real.  The objective of Catholicism is the same as Taoist objective, and the same as Buddhist objective.  The only aspects where they seem different is the human manufactured confusion induced unnecessary constructs which exist as obstacles to away from the ability to re-link a being to the nature of reality.  While in these bodies, we lack even the capacity to know dreaming state from waking state, let alone have the ability to comprehend the Oneness that is sometimes labeled God or God(s).  All a beings choice in beliefs is equally there own choice in manufactured confusion.  When belief (delusion) is traded for appreciating the whole of the real in now (God/Oneness), this indicates the fruit of success for Christian mystics, Catholic mystics, Sufi mystics, Hindi mystics, Buddhist and Taoist mystics alike.  You are in good company with like-minded compassionate folks who aided my own development to the limits of my choice in mindfulness and appreciation of the universal wisdom shared freely here. 

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

While I appreciate the thought you have given this, I respectfully disagree with your assessment on the nature and function of religion (especially mine). However, I sincerely thank you for the welcoming message. Best regards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi Sulo Eno,

There is nothing unfortunate about masturbation. It is something natural until...

Get it sorted out...

Everything will be fine.

I like your forthrightness.

- LimA

Ha...I believe I have it sorted out. We will see in time.

I appreciate your comments. I believe there is something unfortunate about the act of masturbation, insofar as it is, in my view a disordered act. 

Edited by Sulo Eno
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stosh said:

I'm not sure what you're getting at , but actions which don't work out well are not immoral necessarily, nor do morally approved decisions or actions yield positive result. And I am not one of the 'inaction' adherents, which is why I need to define thins as being IMO rather than what you may have been described- to expect. 

I think you must know--at least intuitively--that your ideas are something I do not accept at least in a "big picture", eschatological way. In the short term, yes, I agree that sometimes "nice guys finish last". Thanks much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulo Eno said:

I think you must know--at least intuitively--that your ideas are something I do not accept at least in a "big picture", eschatological way. In the short term, yes, I agree that sometimes "nice guys finish last". Thanks much.

That's fine , may you find your happy ending to be exactly as you would have it be. ;)  

• Like 1

Hello. Welcome to Dao Bums.

The Taoist that can be named is not the true Taoist.

I'm not sure about Buddhism but I recall Kuan Yin saying something about all paths being void, even the Buddha's. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stosh said:

That's fine , may you find your happy ending to be exactly as you would have it be. ;)  

Cute...

• Like 2