LAOLONG

Distribution of I.Q

if my life is meant to understand complicate models or multidimensional theory(key word theory).....

then maybe it will one day lend itself to do so. I do not strive for it. I do want to be smarter in some areas but in everyday things--

right now I have to keep the fictional unreal world floating.....I wake up to very little money in the bank account and my son will have to take the act soon and it costs money that I do not have....

as far as the brief 3 minute newscaster.....I would have to investigate further into her findings. I am not sure I believe everything that gets reported as true. maybe it is true and that seems unfair and not reasonable to just getting a correct score of measurement if the tests are being padded or penalized. but I do not think world is fair in general

where is the document on the Asian getting penalized 50 points on ACT?

what if IQ man 120  sat in a room with 150 IQ people solving problems IQ man 120 wouldn't understand.

and your statement about fiction and un real are your observations based on whatever your beliefs/findings.

my act score was terrible. I was not prepared for the score results.

now maybe I can go back and get mad thinking I had a few unseen penalties because I am an of a certain race. or furthermore, I can go locate some cheaters....

say you perhaps if you proctor a class/act exam can I bring in some extra money and leave it under the desk

to help my scoring?

all in the name of the over rated word intelligence/and acceptance.

all the clear and I alone am clouded

and I am getting mighty suspicious of some similar patterns at this forum.

the uturn and infinity symbol in the clouds and the bell curve on the beach

seems rather phallic to me......

I don't like debating much

Edited by sagebrush

Ladies and Gentlemen,

General Discussion is for talk on spiritual paths while everything else belongs in the Rabbit Hole.  For this reason I am moving this topic to there.

Rules still apply - so please deal with this subject sensitively.

Apech for Mod Team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SHINTO said:

Q IS NOT MEASURING THE Quantity OF Intelligence
BUT THE QUALITY OF IT.

You start a thread talking about IQ not understanding what it is or what 

test of it measure.  Interesting. 

1 hour ago, sagebrush said:

where is the document on the Asian getting penalized 50 points on ACT?

Why ask for what you can find.  

"

Asian Americans, Lee says, are penalized by 50 points — in other words, they had to do that much better to win admission.

“Do Asians need higher test scores? Is it harder for Asians to get into college? The answer is yes,” Lee says."

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-adv-asian-race-tutoring-20150222-story.html

Kind of the problem isn't it, asking others to do what you could have done for your self.

• Like 1

I don't think I meant literally you go find the document for me.....

I mean like where is the document

it was not a demand to hey you go find the document.

the conversation has been moved into the rabbit hole....

I tell you the conversation is going to end where I am concerned.

after I post some REM eponymous---buy the sky and sell the sky----

I enjoy the red lyrics across the quarry

swallowing rapture----holy shit

time for fresh air

20 hours ago, windwalker said:

Which might be true for some if only it was based on fact and studies like

"

The Worldwide Pattern of IQ Scores. East Asians average higher on IQ tests than Whites, both in the U. S. and in Asia, even though IQ tests were developed for use in the Euro-American culture. Around the world, the average IQ for East Asians centers around 106; for Whites, about 100; and for Blacks about 85 in the U.S. and 70 in sub-Saharan Africa."

I suppose it depends on what one considers  Western Euro culture  ... its infiltrating everywhere ,   Australia is a bastion of it and is nowhere near Europe.  Within this spreading  culture, for some reason, some of the people in Asian 'high society' , the parts that have  a strong 'western nature' , desire to have lighter skins .... and rounder eyes . So I have to wonder in what areas and places and people were tested in east Asia that gave these results.

It should be noted that in gen Asian peoples always felt they were more intelligent then other peoples and labeled them as such "barbarians"    This still goes on today,,if one lives in any Asian culture most will soon come to understand this.

And the west ... the Euros and the whites  never thought this about the east,  the rest of the world and the non white people ?

Interesting how physical traits influence it.  

"Brain Size Differences. Studies using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) find a correlation of brain size with IQ of about 0.40. Larger brains contain more neurons and synapses and process information faster. Race differences in brain size are present at birth. By adulthood, East Asians average 1 cubic inch more cranial capacity than Whites who average 5 cubic inches more than Blacks." https://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/04/26/Race-differences-in-average-IQ-are-largely-genetic.aspx

Looks like size dose matter.

Not according to my GF .....  its  'how you use it ' 

I always find it amusing when others berate, the cultures and peoples that brought forth much of the technologies that they use to berate them with to include laws and cultures,.  all the while extolling the virtues of  cultures or peoples that they do not live with or follow who have not.

Is it not more reasonable to criticise that with which one is familiar , other than  that with which one is not familiar and intimate ?

There is nothing stopping one from adopting the life style they believe in,.

Of course there is !     Wow !  You DO need a lesson in different cultures !

Nothing stopping these Syrian refugees ... except their belief , eh ?

image.adapt.960.high.syria_refugees_snow

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nungali said:

Of course there is !     Wow !  You DO need a lesson in different cultures !

Nothing stopping these Syrian refugees ... except their belief , eh ?

actually there is not.  some understanding this move to other places

which was what the OP noted 

"The geography of IQ
In a global world with open borders
There is a tendency of the 
16% >120 IQ to immigrate to
Developed country's and developed
Townes "

;you and some others can talk about other things or talk about the topic.

none of you seem to understand what IQ means, how its tested, and how it affects cultures. 

Edited by windwalker

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

So I have to wonder in what areas and places and people were tested in east Asia that gave these results.

why wonder, when you can look up the study...another one who seems to like others doing the work. 

making unsupported statements alluding to unsupported conclusions.

IQ tests measure a specific kind of intelligence. Like all tests they are no substitute for actual person to person interaction. Many people score well on IQ tests, but fail to look both ways when crossing the street. Likewise, many people are shrewd business men but perform poorly at classroom studies. People are, as they say, a mixed bag.

That said, you can tell a lot about a people by observation. Do you see honor? compassion? wisdom? Do you see fear? pettiness? anger? Do you see corruption? theft? envy? Do you see sacrifice? charity? ambition?

I strongly suggest that we (as a people) invest more time in cultivating virtue, and less time in arbitrating distinctions.

$ 0.02

"Intelligence is what my test assesses" Binet

What does any kind of intelligence worth if you can't use it ? #EQ

Even if you are smart you can only play with the pieces of the puzzle you look at... culture/insight/environment.

What about a child that would grow up in a spatial station ? How different is it from growing up in asphalt and buildings ? #pyramides

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermind_(novel)

As with many van Vogt works, the novel uses a psychological element, in this case Intelligence Quotient or IQ. The novel shows various characters whose social roles are based upon their IQ. The galactic civilization has set up an outpost on the planet Earth manned by a scientist and his daughter whose IQ are much higher than humans; however, as the novel develops, other groups within the galactic civilization emerge who are much more intelligent.

One group within the galactic civilization, the Dreegh, are similar to vampires in that they must absorb the life energies of other beings in order to survive. A space ship with a Dreegh couple arrives on Earth as scouts to determine if what is left of the Dreegh race can take over the Earth as a base and place to live thereby hiding from the galactic civilization.

this thread  reminded me of this :)

This thread reminds me that I am not just a brian. For all those with high IQs I have misspelled brain to mess with your exceptional minds.

It is fun to direct intelligent minds to focus on a singular thing while we dance in the limitless. The very intelligent know everything about parts of things.

17 hours ago, windwalker said:

actually there is not.  some understanding this move to other places

which was what the OP noted 

"The geography of IQ
In a global world with open borders
There is a tendency of the 
16% >120 IQ to immigrate to
Developed country's and developed
Townes "

;you and some others can talk about other things or talk about the topic.

none of you seem to understand what IQ means, how its tested, and how it affects cultures. 

So  you think there is noting stopping those Syrian refugees depicted,  from  'adopting a lifestyle they can believe in   "   except their own beliefs  ?    And   " some understanding this move to other places "

Now there is a simple solution to  a major problem ..... how to solve the refugee problems  .....   get them to believe they can change ... and move somewhere else  ....   brilliant !   ;

boat-capsizes-off-libyan-coast.jpg

Right  !   

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

So  you think there is noting stopping those Syrian refugees depicted,  from  'adopting a lifestyle they can believe in   "   except their own beliefs  ?    And   " some understanding this move to other places "

Now there is a simple solution to  a major problem ..... how to solve the refugee problems  .....   get them to believe they can change ... and move somewhere else  ....   brilliant !   ;

Seems someone has problems staying on topic but is afraid to open another thread about what they want to say..likes to inject their fears into other topics,

why is that

Edited by windwalker

On 12/31/2017 at 4:18 PM, Nungali said:

I suppose it depends on what one considers  Western Euro culture  ... its infiltrating everywhere ,   Australia is a bastion of it and is nowhere near Europe.  Within this spreading  culture, for some reason, some of the people in Asian 'high society' , the parts that have  a strong 'western nature' , desire to have lighter skins .... and rounder eyes . So I have to wonder in what areas and places and people were tested in east Asia that gave these results.

YESH!  What a brilliant theory, my dear Watson!  It must just be the modern "Westernized" East Asians aping Westerners that have beat Westerners at their own IQ game!

4030784eb4434a540ca1892979443fdb--plasti

For example, here are some before & after pics of how Asians used "Westernizing" plastic surgery...to increase their IQ by 5 points! :lol:

Never mind the long list of Chinese discovery/invention/exploration "firsts" starting wayyyy before even the whole advent of Western colonialism and widespread global influence centuries ago...much less the modern reopening of China to the West in the 1980s:

Top 20 Ancient Chinese Inventions

1. Paper Making

2. Movable Type Printing

3. Gunpowder

4. Compass

5. Alcohol

6. Mechanical Clock

7. Tea Production

8. Silk

9. Umbrella

10. Acupuncture

11. Iron smelting

12. Porcelain

13. Earthquake Detector

14. Rocket

15. Bronze

16. The Kite

17. The Seed Drill

18. Row Crop Farming

19. Toothbrush

20. Paper Money

Or...I guess Westernization in East Asia must have started millennia ago!!!  Yep, sounds legit! :lol:

Edited by gendao
  • Like 2