I am responsible for what I write here

I am aware and awareness..

Everything will be me until the end of eternity..

And I bless all heavenly choosing stations..

Margaret Long

I am as Beautiful as an Orchid, Day Lilly or any other flower for that matter.

I am a Wench(Perfect Thunder Mind).. And a wrench, a tool I use on the behalf of you..

Take away all my memory and I would still be me. I who I am.. is much greater than Ram(God).. but I only say that in eternal blindness.. and external creativity; something I cant control..

And how could you forgive me for this..;? 

I am Jesus on his cross.. and its Christmass for John and Jordan.. in the the river..!

Even the Technicolor Dreamcoat does me penchance.

For I am wrath and Thunder.. perfectly created sublime..and witness to Jehovah.. the most powerful God I know.. and in credit I am a visa and God Her Holy Self.. a freeway pass to eternity..

And yes I did say this twice, like rolling dice! 6/1 Consumation! 

Eternal regards are your true awareness..

And behold you have found the Dragon.. Black in costume but moist in fire..

Ruby red in heart(Hera)

And Green in emerald envy

Jasmine st le Croix 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2017 at 1:18 PM, Lost in Translation said:

Am I me?

Hi Lost in Translation,

Keep your body + keep your memories = you as you.

Happy New Year!

- LimA

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

Thank you, LimA! Happy New Year to you, too!

Hi Lost in Translation,

You have kept your memories as you remember me; thus nobody has taken your memories away.

So we are left with your body. Can anyone really take your body away, including yourself? If so you will not be posting here re TDB. Yes/no?

To cut to the chase - you are now you. Thank God.

Believe you were only temporary lost in translation in 2017.

This is 2018 - welcome back to yourself.

- LimA

• Like 2

I wonder about this as my husband died a few months ago.  Does one who's passed have memory?  Or does memory of the recent past life dissipate in the collective consciousness?  I think of him all the time.  I wonder if 'he' remembers me.

And a very Happy New Year to everyone.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, manitou said:

I wonder if 'he' remembers me.

Hi manitou,

Don't have the answer for you but let me share this episode of my life. Once I was invited by a friend of mine to attend one of her university psychology classes.The teacher, a woman in her late 20's triggered by some random tought shared her experience of having a motorcycle accident. To my great surprise (as she seemed like a freudian purist) a few unforgettable words that came out of her mouth were: "yes, it is true! Being near death you remember all your life in just a short moment. I remembered everything!"

wishing you a "new" year

Edited by oak
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, oak said:

Hi manitou,

Don't have the answer for you but let me share this episode of my life. Once I was invited by a friend of mine to attend one of her university psychology classes.The teacher, a woman in her late 20's triggered by some random tought shared her experience of having a motorcycle accident. To my great surprise (as she seemed like a freudian purist) a few unforgettable words that came out of her mouth were: "yes, it is true! Being near death you remember all your life in just a short moment. I remembered everything!"

wishing you a "new" year

Yes, you hear so often of people who say their life flashes before their eyes at the moment of death, if that's what you're referring to.  I was talking about 'him', after being dead for 3 months, can summon any memory of our life together.  I sometimes wonder (since, in a sense, we are all 'the creator') if just calling to mind the deceased person doesn't in fact open a door between you - if only for that moment.  I would sure love to believe that....

I think the reason that a person's life flashes before them at the moment of death is because linear time is an illusion anyway.  It's really all crunched up into Now.  Just seems like it's linear, like pearls on a necklace.  You can look at the necklace held out from hand to hand as a 15" necklace (linear time), or you can hold it perpendicular to your eyes and only see one pearl (Now).  One's whole life would manifest as an immediate flash if you're only looking at the one pearl.

How strange this all is.

• Like 3

On 12/28/2017 at 0:18 AM, Lost in Translation said:

Take away my body and keep my memories.

Am I me?

Yes

Take away my memories and keep my body.

Am I me?

No.

Take away my memories and my body?

Am I me?

According to some theories of reincarnation, yes.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, manitou said:

Yes, you hear so often of people who say their life flashes before their eyes at the moment of death, if that's what you're referring to.  I was talking about 'him', after being dead for 3 months, can summon any memory of our life together.  I sometimes wonder (since, in a sense, we are all 'the creator') if just calling to mind the deceased person doesn't in fact open a door between you - if only for that moment.  I would sure love to believe that....

Some people however don't "die" and that new awareness of how they've spent their time on earth deeply changes them. 

All I can say from my experience is that death is one of the greatest ilusions of life, but need to remind me of that often. Fortunately I was able to detached from all of those I've really cared about and left, it took its time, one time anger was part of the process,another time impotence was part of the process too, as I had a very vivid dream that the person was really not doing well "on the other side"... still the work to be done was learning to let go as I had done everything possible when I could and now I couldn't do anything.

Just my experience, don't have a clue if it helps you in anyway manitou.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, manitou said:

I wonder about this as my husband died a few months ago.

Hi manitou,

I am sorry to know that your husband had passed on. For how many years were you together?

Does one who's passed have memory?

From own experience - yes. Why? About two years after my Dad had passed on, he came into my dream with these words - 'see passport'. We kept his passport in a drawer after he left us for save keeping and had not given it a second thought.

When I opened Dad's passport, I found $3000 - 2 x $1000 + 2 x $500. I broke into cold sweat and tears flowed.

Or does memory of the recent past life dissipate in the collective consciousness? 

I like to believe so for a good reason. Why? I was very close to Dad and I was very hard hit when he passed on.  Thereafter whenever he came into my dreams, he kept his distance - it hurt me greatly. I asked my seniors the reason(s) for the distance and they explained thus - 'your Dad and you now belong to different worlds'. I accepted the explanation but with sadness.

However in one of my subsequent dreams when Dad appeared, I cried badly because of the distance. It touched Dad and he reached me with an embrace. When I was in Dad's arms thus, I could sense cigar - Dad smoked cigar.

Good reason? Dad had not forgotten me but he had to move on. With this realization, I parted with Dad in peace. But his memory stays with me up till today - more than 20 years on.

I think of him all the time.  I wonder if 'he' remembers me.

I too think of Dad all the time - with fond memories. Why 'he'? You regard your husband differently now?

You have children? Their Dad - your husband?

I believe in memories. They are real to me and I live peacefully with memories.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.
  • Like 3

I wonder about this as my husband died a few months ago.  Does one who's passed have memory?  Or does memory of the recent past life dissipate in the collective consciousness?  I think of him all the time.  I wonder if 'he' remembers me.

I'm not very sensitive in these matters but my wife is. She often sees the dead, and can talk with them. From what she tells me, the dead continue to live, at least for a while; at least until they have learned what they needed to learn from this life and choose to reincarnate. And even after reincarnation a part of their old self remains.

From personal experience I get flashes, an image here or there - perhaps a word, or a sound, or the scent of perfume, or the smell of a cigarette. I do believe that death is not the end. I do believe the dead continue to live, not only as collective but also as individual. And I do believe they can almost always hear us when we call them.

And a very Happy New Year to everyone.

And a happy new year to you, too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Yes

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

According to some theories of reincarnation, yes.

Happy New Year Steve,

I second both your 'yes'. Why? To me memories are a form of energy. Energy is indestructible. It transforms.

- Anand

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Limahong said:

. Why 'he'? You regard your husband differently now?

I regard him differently in that he has most likely shed his illusive ego identity and there is no longer a separate 'Joseph' with whom to communicate.  In that case, he would not 're-member'.  He has passed into the collective, where we too are at present, only our ego identities remain, in varying degrees of strength depending on the false belief of any given individual that they are separate from the rest.  But the gross physical part of me who remains on this planet wants so badly to believe that he does remember our life, and that he still loves me.  These are merely the rantings of a sad old woman who has lost her partner of 35 years.  I would love to believe that he does.  

Yes, I have heard and read of  stories of those who have been able to communicate with those who have passed.  Perhaps this is due to what a Buddhist would refer to as Attachment.  Perhaps there are different degrees of 'leaving this place', depending on the liberation of the soul of the one who has passed.  Those who have gotten down to consciousness-awareness, or self-realization, would not be earthbound in any sense after passing.  Or maybe they can by choice and somehow reassemble their personality and memory in order to communicate with those who have summoned their old persona.

We are Consciousness, only currently in our gross physical form.  He too is Consciousness, only he has passed into either a different form, or a place of rest within the collective, or into a kalpa, or into a different realm - which may even take up the very space we breathe, only we cannot experience it because of the frequency of our present sensory organs.  There are so many trains of thought as to what happens after physical death, one can just choose which we choose to believe, I guess.  I don't suppose anybody can say for sure what happens. 

The incredible thing to me are the stories of some who have had a clinical death and returned to this life.  If that person has a penchant for Jesus, they will often see Jesus upon death.  If their preference is Buddha, it is Buddha they will see.  Or a very strong connection with a deceased relative will manifest that particular relative in the time immediately upon death.  This seems to indicate that all is Mind, and again, that we are the creator of our world.

All I know is that I flux in and out of grief, although it's getting better.  My periods of grief are getting further apart and a little gentler, a little shorter.  But Damn!.  I miss him.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, manitou said:

But Damn!.  I miss him.

Hi manitou,

I feel for you. Can you think of Joseph with love and not so many words. You shared a life with him - more rooted in love than words?

Are there children? I ask this question again for a reason.

Good night.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 2

No kids, LimA.  We got together through alcohol recovery on both of our parts, both being well beyond the age folks traditionally had kids.  As to words, he was a man of few words, although a recurrent topic of our conversation was metaphysics.  If you are indicating that perhaps I shouldn't use so many words to describe our life together, perhaps you're right.  Probably nobody wants to hear it anyway.  Problem is, I have so few people I know here in Florida I tend to regard Bums as my friends.  I probably give out too much information.  Probably best if I just can it on this forum and look elsewhere for release of grief and the ability to move on.  Point taken.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, manitou said:

Probably nobody wants to hear it anyway.

Hi manitou,

PLEASE don't get me wrong. What I want you to appreciate is that your life with Joseph is something inviolable between the two of you. You are lucky to have met him.

Love hurts - the way it is hurting you. But if you had not met Joe, you would not be hurt thus. Do you prefer not to have met Joe to avoid the hurt? Is the hurt you are feeling now not love - still not affected by separation? 

Please sort out the separation into something you feel good about for having met Joe. I believe the love is still there in a bitter/sweet way. Time and memories will make it sweet. Trust me.

I tend to regard Bums as my friends.

But of course.

I probably give out too much information.  Probably best if I just can it on this forum and look elsewhere for release of grief and the ability to move on.

Please don't think thus. Kindly re-read my posts to you positively as sunshine and rain. As a guy I am short on words as I respect your privacy. Like Joe, I am 'a man of few words'. But unlike him, I am not good at 'metaphysics'.

Sort out your grief in the name of love. Keep that love for Joe till you meet him again. OK?

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.
  • Like 4

LimA - I have a thread going in a different section regarding all of this.  'Grief:  Mourning the loss of a spouse'.  Yes, I do believe my intent is to get through the grief and remember him fondly with love.  That is the goal.  Thanks for your kind words.  I do appreciate them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manitou said:

Yes, I do believe my intent is to get through the grief and remember him fondly with love.  That is the goal.

Hi manitou,

Fantastic!

This is the second day of 2018 - 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

-LimA

• Like 2

11 hours ago, manitou said:

Probably best if I just can it on this forum and look elsewhere for release of grief and the ability to move on.  Point taken.

You're great and you have friends here.  While online forums are second banana to in-person relations, bananas are still healthy.

• Like 3

On 12/27/2017 at 11:18 PM, Lost in Translation said:

Take away my body and keep my memories.

Am I me?

Depends on which "me" you are referring to. If by "me" you mean the personality that is the composite of memories and a body, then you are not that. If by "me" you mean that which is the "I AM" of you. Then you are just scratching the surface. If by "me" you mean that which the mind cannot know but is the source of the mind, then, you are that you. 

Take away my memories and keep my body.

Am I me?

The Me that you really are, is where the memories (mind) appears. So yes. 

Take away my memories and my body?

Am I me?

The me that you really are, is where body appears. So yes. 

Edited by dwai
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dwai said:

Depends on which "me" you are referring to. If by "me" you mean the personality that is the composite of memories and a body, then you are not that. If by "me" you mean that which is the "I AM" of you. Then you are just scratching the surface. If by "me" you mean that which the mind cannot know but is the source of the mind, then, you are that you. 

The Me that you really are, is where the memories (mind) appears. So yes. 

Excellent post IMO, dwai.  How wonderful it is that all traditions seem to cross paths with this very metaphysical thought.  Eckhardt Tolle would call it the Big Me and the Little Me.  I am currently reading the Siva Sutras and it refers to Shiva as that which Knows but cannot be Known.  Some would call it the Essence, and it all comes back to us.  Us as the perceiver, us as the creator, the universe being a manifestation of us.  It's as though there are two 'I  Am's'.  The I Am which contains our conditioning and who has a name like Barbara or Steve or Bob, which contains our life memories.  And then there is the I Am which is our manifesting essence, the thing we all share because we are it.  Maybe, more accurately, it is the 'We Are'.  We seem to be the universe wanting to experience itself.

• Like 3