Sign in to follow this  
Woodlandwisper

Tips on meditation?

Hello all. Since discovering this wonderful way of not thinking I have started looking into meditation. For the last week I have made it a point to sit quitely by myself for 10 or 15 minutes to do some generalized meditation. Could anyone give me any advice on getting some actual direction for my practice. I have noticed that many people on the forum have mentioned it at one time or another. It has really helped me, but I think there could be more out there for me. Any advice or direction for some good information would be really appreciated.

Hi Woodlandwisper,

Sounds like you are making a good start with you 10~15 min. There are heap of methods out there. If you like Osho I often wish that I had read his books about meditation sooner than I did.

Have fun exploring

develop the third person, or the observer. when you close your eyes just watch everything. the aches in your leg, something you want to itch, your thoughts, emotions, everything. do not judge a single thing. you cannot force the mind to quiet down, it must go peacefully.

Welcome to da bums. Well since you have the meditation practice started you might also want to start some taijiquan. They really compliment each other.

welcome to taobums!! There are gazillions of fun practices here!! Have fun experimenting!

Sign in to follow this