LAOLONG

Sons of god , not son of god

Sons of god.
In the old testament the word
Sons of god appears in genesis
And in job . In genesis ch 6

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0106.htm

And in job ch 1 ,6

"Now it fell upon a day, that the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them."

So god have sons ,(angels in human flesh)

not only One son.

Edited by SHINTO
  • Like 1

1 John goes into the Son of God versus children or sons of God. It's a tricky subject to understand, but in Christian doctrine both are simultaneously true.

To me, your mixing up different writers, from different times, writing about different myths. 

addon> by your, I mean not just that the old and new testament had different writers, but within the books there are voices mixing myths, legends and a mishmosh of history of various cultures over a millennia, imo.

Edited by thelerner

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

To me, your mixing up different writers, from different times, writing about different myths. 

It can be interesting (well, only for those who find this subject intriguing)...Jesus himself referred to one of those older writings:

Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”? - John 10:34

In that verse, he's referencing Psalm 82:6...

1. God presides in the great assembly;

he renders judgment among the “gods”:

2. “How long will you defend the unjust

and show partiality to the wicked?

3. Defend the weak and the fatherless;

uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.

4. Rescue the weak and the needy;

deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

5. “The ‘gods’ know nothing, they understand nothing.

They walk about in darkness;

all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

6. “I said, ‘You are “gods”;

you are all sons of the Most High.’

7. But you will die like mere mortals;

you will fall like every other ruler.”

8. Rise up, O God, judge the earth,

for all the nations are your inheritance.

• Like 1

John 10:23–38

23 Jesus was walking in the temple, hin the colonnade of Solomon. 24 So the Jews gathered around him and said to him, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are ithe Christ, jtell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. kThe works that I do lin my Father’s name bear witness about me, 26 but myou do not believe because you are not among my sheep. 27 nMy sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 oI give them eternal life, and pthey will never perish, and qno one will [pluck] them out of my hand. 29 My Father, rwho has given them to me,1 sis greater than all, and no one is able to [pluck] them out of tthe Father’s hand. 30 uI and the Father are one.”

31 vThe Jews picked up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?”

33 The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but wfor blasphemy, because you, being a man, xmake yourself God.”

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in yyour Law, z‘I said, you are gods’? 35 If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be abroken— 36 do you say of him whom bthe Father consecrated and csent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because dI said, ‘I am the Son of God’? 37 eIf I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me; 38 but if I do them, feven though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that gthe Father is in me and I am in the Father. 

http://biblia.com/bible/esv/Jn%2010.23-38

Exodus 7:1

1And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

• Like 1