Loveherbs

Need help, I was awakened by watching a picture of a guru.

I was binge watching youtube videos all the way till 5 in the morning i know it's crazy but i came across these kundalini videos which involve a teacher or guru giving shaktipath and the disciples are going all the way crazy. So after watching those videos i visited their official website and there was this picture of guru which made me want to meditate on him. so i imagined that guru's picture between my eyebrows and surrendered! Slowly slowly energy started building up and i started doing some pranayama and asanas automatically. I started shaking my hands and shoulders crazily. I became afraid of this experience so i wanted to stop it. As soon as i wanted to stop it, it stopped. But again when i surrendered it started again. In the middle of all those shaking experiences a light current started ascending my spinal cord. But it didn't go all the way up. It stopped in the middle for a very long time without causing anything. Then i fell asleep and the next morning i woke up with more awareness and wide eyes wondering what the hell happened!

See the real question which is here is I can't go to this guru because i have to live in this city which is very far from this guru's place. I also have to complete a lot of responsibilities. 
I can't really devote myself to spirituality right now. 

But I can't live without yoga also because it brings joy and peace with in me. Yoga helps me to maintain my celibacy also. My practices of yoga are also not that advanced. It includes only - simple kapalbhati, jal neti, nadi shodhan, and some simple basic asanas. 

I am afraid that if i do yoga now then i will awaken my kundalini without preparing myself( i am still a fat loser who can't even find a girl friend). I don't want to become mental or face the kundalini psychosis. 

I thought about leaving yoga but without yoga i can't live. I believe that i will become a weaker person. There will be no joy in me without yoga. But if i do yoga then i am afraid i will awaken kundalini without guru (which is dangerous).

Please help me.

EDIT- Luckily i was able to call the guru on his number and he picked up. I discussed the whole issue with him. He said kundalini was aroused because i saw his photo. So i will be just doing simple yoga without any fear. Guru cleared my doubts. He said surrender to god and he will take care of the rest.

Edited by Loveherbs
  • Like 3

One of the essences of spirituality is that you have your joy within yourself but that it is clouded by our emotional and mental imprinting (you said you have no joy without yoga; you need something outside yourself to feel good).....so we need to release those imprintings and the joy will always be there.

Your doing yoga is a form of spiritual bypassing. What you feel when you not do yoga is your imprinting, your karma etc (however you want to call it).....that is your true experience right now. Also things like "you are a loser because you have no girl friend" etc......you have a lot of clearing to do and you should stay away from things like meditating over the picture of a guru, cause guess what? You will become more aware of your stuff and not less.

Kundalini will usually awaken naturally if one does not force it with certain techniques.

I would suggest you work with one of the living inquiries fascilitators to release some of the negativity you carry and stop doing intense stuff like you did. When you clear you will find that you do not need anything to feel joy and peacefull and this work will lead over time to deeper and deeper states of awareness in a very balanced way.

https://www.livinginquiries.com/

https://www.livinginquiries.com/facilitators/

All the best

Michael

• Like 4

Hi loveherbs,

I would like to underline everything Michael said and suggest that since you are in a daoist forum you shou.ld try reading the tao te ching. It was the thing that worked for me when I was where you are, and believe me I was there. There will always be an unreacheable guru in India or China that knows all and the more you place your salvation far from you the more it will stay far from you.

Peace

Oak

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Loveherbs said:

But I can't live without yoga also because it brings joy and peace with in me. Yoga helps me to maintain my celibacy also. My practices of yoga are also not that advanced. It includes only - simple kapalbhati, jal neti, nadi shodhan, and some simple basic asanas. 

I am afraid that if i do yoga now then i will awaken my kundalini without preparing myself( i am still a fat loser who can't even find a girl friend). I don't want to become mental or face the kundalini psychosis. 

First, be kind to yourself, this is the most important yoga. 

Second figure out what you want. Do you want to practice celibacy or find a girlfriend. As long as you seek both you will be confused. 

Third again be kind to yourself, breathe, relax, accept yourself as you are now, you're already good enough.

Forth,  repeat steps one through three as much as needed. :-)

• Like 2

I can make some energetic adjustments to your Microcosm that can help smooth out the process for you. Let me know if your interested via PM. 

• Like 1

When you awaken you will realize that your appearance, status, wealth, relationship status, none of that matters. Also there are people here who can help you in your path. 

The question to you is — do you WANT to wake up? It’s not in our control but wanting to do it helps minimize the side effects :) 

• Like 3

EDIT- Luckily i was able to call the guru on his number and he picked up. I discussed the whole issue with him. He said kundalini was aroused because i saw his photo. So i will be just doing simple yoga without any fear. Guru cleared my doubts. He said surrender to god and he will take care of the rest.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, MIchael80 said:

I would suggest you work with one of the living inquiries fascilitators to release some of the negativity you carry and stop doing intense stuff like you did. When you clear you will find that you do not need anything to feel joy and peacefull and this work will lead over time to deeper and deeper states of awareness in a very balanced way.

https://www.livinginquiries.com/

https://www.livinginquiries.com/facilitators/

All the best

Michael

Very interesting site.  Do you need facilitators to work with - and if so, how exactly does that work?

Or can you also DIY?

13 hours ago, gendao said:

Very interesting site.  Do you need facilitators to work with - and if so, how exactly does that work?

Or can you also DIY?

Hi!

No you can do it your own. I just felt it needed here. There are Lots of vids on YouTube and also several books available. Merry Xmas! :-)

• Like 1