DaoKeeper

Dao is infinite, but the life is short

Hello everyone!
Glad to start my account at this resource.
Actually I was reading it from time to time, but now decided to join the community.

Open to research
---
DaoKeeper

• Like 2

Hello, DaoKeeper and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi DaoKeeper,

Ah!  The Keeper of the Dao.  A rather challenging job, I would think.  But then, wu wei works sometimes.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

Marblehead, WayofChi,

I believe that everyone of us is the Dao keeper, so thank you for warm welcome I hope I'll be able to pay you back one day, by posting on TDB ^_^

Have a nice day.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2017 at 7:14 AM, Marblehead said:

The Keeper of the Dao.

Hi Dada-da,

The keeper of nothing - a nobody; if we accept the Dao as The Void.

A rather challenging job, I would think.

Why do you think thus? I am wondering taoistically.

But then, wu wei works sometimes.

But of course. For a nobody like me, wu wei works all the time.

- LimA

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi Dada-da,

The keeper of nothing - a nobody; if we accept the Dao as The Void.

But Dao is not only the void but also the non-void.  We have nothing to do with the void - all our living takes place within the manifest Dao.

Why do you think thus? I am wondering taoistically.

Well, looking after the entire manifest universe would be quite a job, I would think.  Most of us can't even take proper care of our self.

But of course. For a nobody like me, wu wei works all the time.

- LimA

Yes, live spontaneously whenever we can.  That's wu wei too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

But Dao is not only the void but also the non-void.  We have nothing to do with the void - all our living takes place within the manifest Dao.

I am not really sure about my own concept of the so called void, but I am pretty sure that there is some kind of blueprint reality, influenced by our individual and mass-consciousness that works as some kind of pre-manifest reality. Then, if the energy exceeds a certain threshold this energy manifests as events and experiences we are able to perceive. 

There are no closed systems imo and what we perceive as sensual outer-experiences are rather our inner-thoughts and emotions manifesting with the sensual world working as a kind of mirror of our inner state. 

What I  just want to say is that there is a constant interaction between different layers of reality and that we most likely are not as separated from those as we think we are. But still, I am unsure of the definition of the void , but intuitively I think that there are some kind of interactions happening :blush:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phil said:

What I  just want to say is that there is a constant interaction between different layers of reality and that we most likely are not as separated from those as we think we are. But still, I am unsure of the definition of the void , but intuitively I think that there are some kind of interactions happening

Hi phil,

I am with you. From a critical realist perspective, there are three layers of reality:

- the empirical

- the actual

- the real

- LimA

Layers of labels. Sheaths of beliefs. 

Edited by moment

1 minute ago, moment said:

Layers of labels. Dao and process.  Sheaths of beliefs.  Dao and process.

Hi moment,

Yes, labels too. To each his/her own but with mutual respect for others.

To learn the drop perfectly is to know the ocean...

- LimA

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Yes, live spontaneously whenever we can.  That's wu wei too.

Hi Dada-da,

I second your 'yes'. I am more a pragmatist than a philosopher because I want/need to live life.

When it comes to things positive, I indulge.

But when it comes to negative things, and I am not the cause, they can simply go to...

Good night

- LimA

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phil said:

I am not really sure about my own concept of the so called void, but I am pretty sure that there is some kind of blueprint reality, influenced by our individual and mass-consciousness that works as some kind of pre-manifest reality. Then, if the energy exceeds a certain threshold this energy manifests as events and experiences we are able to perceive. 

There are no closed systems imo and what we perceive as sensual outer-experiences are rather our inner-thoughts and emotions manifesting with the sensual world working as a kind of mirror of our inner state. 

What I  just want to say is that there is a constant interaction between different layers of reality and that we most likely are not as separated from those as we think we are. But still, I am unsure of the definition of the void , but intuitively I think that there are some kind of interactions happening :blush:

I pretty much expected comment to what I said.  Reminding all that I am a Materialist (Physicalist). I am limited to what I can say about what I cannot consciously observe in one form or another.

The void isn't really an area of voidness anyhow.  There's lots of stuff we cannot perceive.  Well, okay, some claim they can.  I won't dispute that.  Even I step into that arena when I talk about Universal Chi.

• Like 1

On 03.01.2018 at 2:52 PM, Marblehead said:

Well, looking after the entire manifest universe would be quite a job, I would think.  Most of us can't even take proper care of our self.

I don't think that Dao Keeper should look after the manifested universe. That would be really tough to do.
However I believe Dao will handle it without efforts on my side :)

Basically I concern my practice most of the time and take the universe as a perfect example of how should I behave and how should I practice. Everyone of us is connected to the Universe after all not regarding if you like it or not.

So considering this I'd like to double your sentance:

On 03.01.2018 at 2:52 PM, Marblehead said:

Most of us can't even take proper care of our self.

Managing the Universe - NO
Managing yourself - YES

Best Regards

• Like 1