Aetherous

Counting our Blessings

Feel free to use this thread to 'count your blessings', or name the things that you're grateful for in your life.

Maybe it would be fun to limit it to one thing per day/per post...that way we can spend every day in gratitude. That is, unless you don't like limitations.

I'm grateful for:

A warm bed.

• Like 5

…and a ‘roof over my head’ (once,  I spent  few days stranded in the wilderness, wih no shelter….during a cyclonic flood….and with food poisoning  :( ).

Image result for cabin with smoke and chimney

…… ahhhhhhhhh! :)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 7

Im grateful for the emptiness of space... it allows rainbows to play hide-and-seek :):wub:

• Like 6

After having no heat in my apartment the last few days - going to have to say ... heated homes ... 

• Like 3

Consciousness! It’s a great gift and also a burden.  I’m learning through various teachings 一 human and the natural world; from the visible and invisible realms 一 how it can most comfortably and productively be cultivated so it grows in harmony with the flow of Dao.  

5a2c7a55d886b_boymonk.jpg.e9fecbac38c8e598dd1aae016d135460.jpg

• Like 3

I count my blessings for:

~ My family who are very good sorts.
~ My health which is wobbly but robust.
~ My solitude which used to hurt and irk a bit but knowing that fellow travellers exist it was easier to enjoy.
~ My location in rural central England.
~ My job in a lovely Cotswoldy environment.
~ Clean air.
~ Sid R for being a taichi teacher who held lessons locally.
~ Mother nature.
~ My spirit friends (this is supposition on my part).
~ My real-life friendlies and everyday chat-folk.
~ My enemies.
~ Hardships, without which I'd not appreciate the 'easyships' so much.
~ Reality, which is worth keeping in touch with.
~ Dreams.
~ Food, shelter and warmth.
~ The true teachers who have commited their works to word and video.
~ The fake and mistaken teachers who have done the same and allow us to wiegh-up the difference.
~ Life.
~ The 10,000 things of which I can do without and some of which I enjoy.
~ Love and joy which surprised me upon realising that its nobody elses job but mine.
~ The fragility of it all which allows for a truly grateful, daily counting of the blessings and a heartfelt prayer of thanks to heaven.

• Like 7

_/\_ I'm grateful for not being the jealous type.  Rural central England and clean air!  This sounds positively cruel amidst our SoCal wildfires, evacuation alerts on the cell phone in the middle of the night, the night spent climbing up the walls and cursing the dentist who "fixed" something that didn't hurt just so that it turned on the kind of pain that shrugs off a triple dose of painkillers thrown at it by someone who doesn't take any for, e.g., a broken toe, packing a bug-out bag and commiserating with an evacuated neighbor who's sitting in the car at 4 a.m. in the company of four cats, looking for a shelter that will admit them.  I'm grateful that the next morning the tooth is better, my own paranoid cat is oblivious to the scare of his life he has just narrowly avoided and purrs peacefully, the fire that's the closest to us is 20% contained, up from 0% a few hours before, the Santa Ana wind has subsided and I'm not planning anything at all other than a day of rewards for all my suffering, wedge out, pig out, space out, and be grateful, upon visiting this TDB thread, that I'm not a jealous type.  

Meow...     

• Like 4

I am most grateful for my teachers and their gift of dharma teachings they gave me and continue to give. Then also for my loving boyfriend that makes samsara feel more pleasant and for good food and tea that sometimes appear on my table.

• Like 1

As I walked out back to the practice shed this morning -

The sting of frost covered grass on the soles of my bare feet 

The cold morning air that swept through and chilled my body 

The stars and the moon that bathed me from above

The silence of a sleeping world 

This morning, I feel grateful to experience the depth and richness of even the most 'mundane' of moments. 

• Like 4

I often take for granted things that not everyone is afforded the luxury of having. 

In that vein, I'm feeling grateful to have a roof over my head and food in the fridge. 

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:29 PM, Nungali said:

…and a ‘roof over my head’ (once,  I spent  few days stranded in the wilderness, wih no shelter….during a cyclonic flood….and with food poisoning  :( ).

Image result for cabin with smoke and chimney

…… ahhhhhhhhh! :)

I'm grateful a lot of things and mainly remind my self but for the grace of God...

18 hours ago, zanshin said:

For a lazy evening to bake, watch the snow fly, and watch White Christmas. 

Here 'white Christmas' is a fruity slice with white choc .

Its hot, a heatwave approaches and the cicadas are deafening !   Actually, so many cicadas that someone commented 'is it raining ' ?   Well, before I have been out in such conditions and felt 'sprinkles' but never before have I looked out (off the verandah ) and actually seen a light shower falling .... like a summer sun shower. .... everywhere !

So ... in the spirit of this thread ....

I am grateful for cicada piss .      I suppose     :blink:

• Like 2

Feeling grateful for the symbiosis between humans and canines.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1h

Edited by steve
  • Like 4