Amos

New Here

Hello Everyone,

I appreciate the community here; seems like an open place to ask questions and get feedback. 

I am no keyboard hero. My intentions on creating an account were to give myself an outlet to ask questions about the expansive field of holistic healing. I recently graduated undergraduate college and have been going through a period of personal development. I began meditation through iphone applications to deal with my anxiety/depression and improve my overall well being.

I want it to be noted that I wasn't always an anxious person, but I become more and more stuck in my head as time prevailed. Once being a social and popular person, I became angry at the seemingly imperfect world- losing my charm and positive energy. I am hoping that these forums will help me become the best person I can be so I can reach my potential and eventually give back and lift the people around me.

I have picked up Mantak Chia's inner smile book and am interested in getting other books by him. I am interested in learning about the dangers of doing these practices so I don't end up hurting myself. 

Any book recommendations? I will be an at-home learner. 

Regards,

Amos

• Like 2

Hello, Amos and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Amos,

Yeah, you should work on that anxiety/depression stuff.  But finding inner peace isn't always easy.  Best Wishes!

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

Welcome to TDB. If you'd like i can give you a distance energetic transmission to help you on your Way. Mantak Chia can be a bit dicey, be careful and read all the reviews of his book first....amazon has plenty. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WayofChi said:

Welcome to TDB. If you'd like i can give you a distance energetic transmission to help you on your Way.

Can't hurt, can it? Honestly have never heard of distant energetic transmission. Do you need my longitude/latitude for that? I'll send it right back to you ;).

5 hours ago, WayofChi said:

Mantak Chia can be a bit dicey, be careful and read all the reviews of his book first....amazon has plenty. 

I have read a lot of the reviews and it seems like they lean towards getting a personal instructor to properly understand the exercises (makes sense). However, i am physically fit and believe that I will be able to learn the material between myself the books and the forums here. What do you mean by "dicey"? I am also going to be visting an acupuncturist that I anticipate will be able to deal with accumulated energy in the wrong places. It is my understanding that accumulating energy in the wrong places is what makes these practices dangerous. Moreover, I am transferring the energy to my naval after performing the exercises. 

Any knowledge on acupuncture.

Thank you for taking the time to post and your wisdom. Much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Amos said:

Can't hurt, can it? Honestly have never heard of distant energetic transmission. Do you need my longitude/latitude for that? I'll send it right back to you ;).

I have read a lot of the reviews and it seems like they lean towards getting a personal instructor to properly understand the exercises (makes sense). However, i am physically fit and believe that I will be able to learn the material between myself the books and the forums here. What do you mean by "dicey"? I am also going to be visting an acupuncturist that I anticipate will be able to deal with accumulated energy in the wrong places. It is my understanding that accumulating energy in the wrong places is what makes these practices dangerous. Moreover, I am transferring the energy to my naval after performing the exercises. 

Any knowledge on acupuncture.

Thank you for taking the time to post and your wisdom. Much appreciated. 

I'll get right on it. Longitude/latitude not needed. 

Some people have been physically injured by some of the techniques in the Mantak Chia system, especially those related to sexual fu. Be careful and know that there are many superior systems available. 

Edited by WayofChi
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, WayofChi said:

I'll get right on it. Longitude/latitude not needed. 

Thank you good friend. Asking if you needed longitude and latitude was a bit of a joke on my part. Forgive me, I am just not aware of how distance energetic transmission can possibly work. Sounds crazy to an amateur like myself. 

14 minutes ago, WayofChi said:

Some people have been physically injured by some of the techniques in the Mantak Chia system, especially those related to sexual fu. Be careful and know that there are many superior systems available. 

And those physical injuries occur from not properly storing energy? What other systems would you recommend?

Regards,

Amos

• Like 1

Just now, Amos said:

Thank you good friend. Asking if you needed longitude and latitude was a bit of a joke on my part. Forgive me, I am just not aware of how distance energetic transmission can possibly work. Sounds crazy to an amateur like myself. 

And those physical injuries occur from not properly storing energy? What other systems would you recommend?

Regards,

Amos

Lot of different systems here on TDB. Go with the one that resonates with you. Here are a few: 

1. Kundalini Awakening process (KAP)

2. Spring Forest Qigong 

3. Flying Phoenix Qigong 

4. Stillness Movement and Gift of the Tao 

• Like 2