Papayapple

Demineralized teeth

Has anybody got a good advice on how to remineralize teeth?
I've had pretty healthy teeth before I started eating copious amounts of fruit and generally went vegan for a while. Some of my teeth started developing great sensitivity to extreme temperatures, and two of them are also very sensitive to touch. I've had this problem for a year now...
Dentist said it's decalsification. but offered no help...
Any advice fellas?
Thanks

• Like 1

After every meal, brush your teeth.

Then, take 1 tablespoon of xylitol powder into your mouth, let it liquify with your saliva, then flush the stuff around in your mouth and between your teeth for about one to several minutes. Then spit the stuff out, but don't flush your mouth with water afterwards. Don't eat or drink afterwards for at least 10 minutes so the remaining xylitol in your mouth can continue to work.

Regarding actual scientific research, this is the single most potent measure there is to remineralize teeth longterm.

Additionally:

Look in your beverage store for the natural mineral water with the highest amount of hydrogencarbonate / bicarbonate ions ( HCO3 - ).

An additional high amount of calcium ions ( Ca 2+ ) would be good too.

Drink at least one bottle of that mineral water per day.

This is for increasing the content of these mineral ions in your saliva to naturally increasing remineralization of your teeth.

Both minerals cooporate and are highly important for remineralization of teeth: Calcium goes into the teeth and hydrogencarbonate keeps the calcium in the teeth by neutralizing acids!

Also:

Use an antibacterial mouth wash for 1 - 2 minutes once every day or every other day...if you don't get stomach pain from that stuff. If you get stomach pain, try to wash your mouth with water after using the antibacterial mouth wash to reduce the amount of the stuff going into your stomach. It's ok to wash your mouth with water after using an antibacterial mouth wash, the mouth wash kills the bacteria mostly during the actual mouth washing and you don't need to keep residues of it inside your mouth afterwards.

Very important: It is much better to brush your teeth a longer time with less pressure than a short time with a lot of pressure! Brushing teeth with a lot of pressure can damage your enamel. Brush softly until the teeth feel smooth and freed of plaque.

Don't eat or drink sour stuff with acids (no fruits, no fruit juices, no soft drinks, etc.)! That immedeately demineralizes your enamel! If you can't go without fruits, eat them only once at one time point a day so your enamel can recover afterwards.

Remember: Acids from bacteria and acids from food are what demineralizes your teeth (pulls the minerals like calcium out of your teeth)!

No sweets, no bon-bons (drops) and no sugar (or only once a day), if that's possible for you!

Worst thing to do: Drinking all day long fruit juices, coffee with sugar or tea with sugar or soft drinks with sugar or eating bon-bons all day long.

Edited by Wells
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, Wells said:

Well thank you, that's some awesome advice Wells! :)
I know exactly what water you're speaking of. I went down and bought a 10L pack right away LOL.
I was also considering supplementing calcium in tablets since apparently 3kg of yoghurt a week and tons of kale aren't enough!
But we'll see.
I am surprised that xylitol has such a property, I think I read somewhere it is helpful in quitting sugar and only in that way was beneficial, but I guess there's more to it. Would consuming it instead of spitting out be a problem though?
I am using it to do just that, limit white sugar intake.
Cheers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Papayapple said:

Well thank you, that's some awesome advice Wells! :)

My pleasure! :)

I know exactly what water you're speaking of. I went down and bought a 10L pack right away LOL.

How much Ca 2+ and HCO3 - does it have per liter? What's the name of the water?

I personally feel a definite positive effect on my teeth when I consume at least 1 liter "Gerolsteiner medium" (a german natural mineral water) per day, which has 1816 mg HCO3 - and 348 mg Ca 2+ per liter bottle.

I don't know if Gerolsteiner medium is available in the US, so it would be good if you could find a natural mineral water with similar or even higher contents of these two ions, then you surely will feel a definite effect as well.

(P.S.: Carbonated natural mineral waters seem to be able to hold more of these minerals than non-carbonated water, at least that's true regarding the carbonated and non-carbonated versions of Gerolsteiner.)

I was also considering supplementing calcium in tablets since apparently 3kg of yoghurt a week and tons of kale aren't enough!
But we'll see.

Speaking from my personal experience, calcium dissolved into single ions, as in natural mineral water, seems to be much more bio-available than calcium salts in tablets. I tried calcium effervescent tablets (Calcium Sandoz forte) in the past and did not feel any positive effect on my teeth (although the tablets contain biological compound salts of calcium like calcium lactate and gluconate and not only mineralic compound salts like calcium carbonate). Also, as the residue of those tablets falling down in the water glass shows, the stuff surely doesn't dissolve into ions. Most likely your body can only absorb a very small amount of calcium from such tablets and the rest goes out through the urine (and most likely burdens the kidneys).

Also, don't underestimate the impact of hydrogencarbonate ions in connection with calcium ions.

I personally would rather drink every day several liters of Gerolsteiner (or a natural mineral water with similar values in HCO3 - and Ca 2+) than taking any calcium tablets.

I am surprised that xylitol has such a property, I think I read somewhere it is helpful in quitting sugar and only in that way was beneficial, but I guess there's more to it. Would consuming it instead of spitting out be a problem though?
I am using it to do just that, limit white sugar intake.

Yes, higher doses of swallowed xylitol can lead to diarrhea and flatulence (similar to sorbitol), therefore I suggested to spit the stuff out again instead of swallowing it. ;)

Cheers.

Cheers.

Edited by Wells

P.S.: If you want to use xylitol to reduce sugar, then you have to try out how much of it doesn't cause problems. I read in a medical article that you can allegedly habituate you body at higher and higher doses of xylitol over time (which is for example not possible with sorbitol).

Hello...

I reduced my teeth’s sensitivity using organic coconut oil... simply after you brush, take 1/2 spoon of organic virgin coconut oil, and leave in you mounth for at least 5 mins.... use it the same way a mouthwash rinse works, the coconut will disolve in your mounth... do it twice a day for a week...   rinse with water after... hopefully it will work for you as it did for me.

I also eat lots of different seaweed vegetables... they mineralize your body very fast.. nori and wakame are the most popular ones but there are many others to try in soups or salads.

Sandra

• Like 2

I use xylitol mouthwash nightly after brushing (no rinsing after) and also have used coconut oil in the manner described by SEH2 to good effect for sensitive teeth.

ph balance in the saliva seems a contributing factor in tooth decay and remineralization.

• Like 3

Can you possibly visit a Chinese Medicine doctor rather than following all this useless cosmetic advice especially when chemistry jargon is thrown in. It’s ridiculous.

Kidney essence/Jing is the problem but there is something that is taxing your system hence depleting your Kidney energy. The culprit is the Liver. The Spleen (poor or inadequate diet and improper eating habits further irritate the Liver, block Lung Qi as Earth is weakened and the descending action of this organ is impaired hence the Kidney suffers) needs to be take care of as well since dampness will form/already present in your case.

I will also recommend you taking a sound 10-day fast to clean all those pipes and remove your body’s accumulated toxicity, starting with a decent LV & GB flush. Interested? Let me know and I will post the whole procedure here.

Good luck :)

Edited by Gerard
Forgot to add info
  • Like 2

iv been a vegetarian and use flouride free tooth paste and havent had any problems. But i guess cheese and dairy have calcium.

Anyways, the teeth are associated with jing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gerard said:

Can you possibly visit a Chinese Medicine doctor rather than following all this useless cosmetic advice especially when chemistry jargon is thrown in. It’s ridiculous.

Kidney essence/Jing is the problem but there is something that is taxing your system hence depleting your Kidney energy. The culprit is the Liver. The Spleen (poor or inadequate diet and improper eating habits further irritate the Liver, block Lung Qi as Earth is weakened and the descending action of this organ is impaired hence the Kidney suffers) needs to be take care of as well since dampness will form/already present in your case.

I will also recommend you taking a sound 10-day fast to clean all those pipes and remove your body’s accumulated toxicity, starting with a decent LV & GB flush. Interested? Let me know and I will post the whole procedure here.

Good luck :)

Hi Gerard,

I would be interested to know the whole procedure. Maybe I will try such a flush beginning of next year.

Thank you very much,

greetings

• Like 1

Hi Gerard, 

thank you very much for the link :) will do it at the beginning of the year, for the first time. 

But is it mandatory to do the fast afterwards? I know it would be very beneficial but I am already rather slim right now, maybe also due to a cold condition. I don't want to lose more weight... 

Greetings

On 12.12.2017 at 4:19 AM, Joolian said:

Hi Gerard, 

thank you very much for the link :) will do it at the beginning of the year, for the first time. 

But is it mandatory to do the fast afterwards? I know it would be very beneficial but I am already rather slim right now, maybe also due to a cold condition. I don't want to lose more weight... 

Greetings

I'd like to jump in an throw a word of caution.
I did both of these things only not one after the other.
The olive oil/grapefruit juice flush didn't do me anything except excruciating pain and nausea the morning after. No stones in toilet no nothing.

Fasting is cool but in retrospect it seems to mostly deal with mental "toxins" after all. IME of course. YMMV but if you're slim, or especially if you do not have much muscle mass, it might be unpleasant to the point of not being worth the result.
Still cool experiment, I did it at the beginning of the January too :).

Joolian,

Not mandatory but it is better doing it to further detoxify the blood and give the liver a chance to take a much needed break.

I am also slim. It’s more important keeping your energetic system in good health than worrying about physical appearance. The body is ultimately a burden.

Take good care :)

• Like 1

Something is remineralizing my teeth, but I'm not sure which new product is doing it.
It's either the boron(@ 30 mg per day, 9 months) or the diatomaceous earth, which contains lots of silica as well as other minerals. (One Tablespoon daily in water or food, 4 weeks so far)

Or both, of course.

I got enthused on these products from watching these two videos by Dr. Jorge Felchas, MD:

Boron: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJp7SW1pY2I

Silica: (I have used diatomaceous earth for this, which is approximately 85% silica, and is MUCH less expensive than commercial silica supplements)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faBAT3hIbGw

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3