1. 1. What do you do for a living?

• Illegal
    • Top Secret
    • You dont want to know
    • Unemployed
    • Full time taoist(bum)
    • Student
    • Other(specify below)

By the way, I was wonder what all of you Tao Bums do for a living??? I am thinking about dropping out of college and starting a career in Qi Gong, with certification from the HT and here) so I am wondering what do you all do for a living??? (you can PM me if its too wild to list here) or perhaps you are lucky and you are a TaoBum all day like Sean, Ron and Yoda? What the fuck do these people do??????

But anyway, since I am thinking about/did drop out from college, are any of you familiar with Roger Jahnke? Know anyone who took his 3 week, $3,000+ training for "Your new career in the energy healing revolution"" which among other things teaches how to network with hospitals!? Who is familiar with Jahnke? Should I invest in integral Tai Chi and Qi Gong Training?

Syllabus here

I don't think it is a good to become a healer or qi gong teacher if there is any question about it. I think it must be something that you just do naturally.

Ideally, you would do the practices for years and years and peel through the layers of yourself until you understand the practices from so many different angles. You will have done the practices, left them, done them again, gotten disgusted with them, been drawn back to them, gotten bored with them, taught them to friends, had your friends have problems with them, gotten depressed, left it all for a couple of years...come back to them etc.

But, some people are naturals: they do it well, have a pure heart that protects them from the projections of your students/patients, and just do it with no thought.

Good luck on your search!

Chris

Mrs Yoda has no idea what I'm up to either, if it's any consolation.

Don't invest in training unless you are passionate about it. Better and cheaper to get on the job training. Maybe volunteer at a hospice, hospital, retirement home and see what you think and network from there.

-Yoda

Well perhaps here is somthing to do. Yes I am passionate about it. This of course, worried my g-partents and parents slightly, as they too search for the infinite light, they do no see the future yet, but of course I am passionately thinking that this is a good "investment" but that MAKES ME SOUND SO MUCH LIKE A BUSINESS MAN and it sucks but you got to have an income or your just going to be a bum.

hum hum hum like a bird

LOL True I could volunteer at a hospital or hospice or retirement home if I was less passionate I sapose. Networking is good. Perhaps meet a hot doctor chick, bang her, have little g-trinities and live off of her $ as I study the tao. Is that what you did yoda? :lol:

Voice: this is something I am doing naturally, I cannot stand to study anything else or I have to get up and dance around. Yes I have a pure heart unlike Ron tsu tsu (j/k we luv you Ron)... naturally

As for "Ideally, you would do the practices for years and years and peel through the layers of yourself until you understand the practices from so many different angles. You will have done the practices, left them, done them again, gotten disgusted with them, been drawn back to them, gotten bored with them, taught them to friends, had your friends have problems with them, gotten depressed, left it all for a couple of years...come back to them etc."

Well thats why I need to find teachers who have done that with mantak chia's system and other good systems and are now teaching it/mantak/perhaps Roger Jahnke? This is a big decision for me, but I want to make the right one. Where is lao tzu when you need him? I will go think about the 1.

Dude,

Goto to college get some generic degree, say accounting, work 40 hours a week for some company and pursue your hobbies. You wont have to worry about money and you will have enough time to parctice whatever activites you want. Once your hobby begins to rpoduce enough money, quit your job and pursue it full time.

The beauty of an accounting degree is that you can move anywhere with it. You find a great teacher in the NE then you can move there, then to California, or whereever and always have a good job. So you can spend the years required to refine your abilites and then do whatever you want.

You will be better off than the guy who works all the time chasing money and the [tao] bum who cant make rent, or has to live under some odd circumstances in order to pursue his/her goal.

This working at a regular job for some corporation may sound offensive to you now, but trust me its a great way to go, just use your spare time well. I wish I had realized it long ago, it would have saved me a lot of pain and frustration.

Best of luck with your decision.

t.

... or perhaps you are lucky and you are a TaoBum all day like Sean, Ron and Yoda? What the fuck do these people do??????

I wish man. :rolleyes: I work full time for a web design company, and also tend to juggle a few freelance projects on the side to make ends meet.

Remember I am only 20 years old. I took accounting last year, freshman year of college and I dropped out of the class because I thought it was hell, accounting for money? Can 1 get any more boring and robot-like than accounting? I dont know. Also I do not think of this art as a hobby, nor a business!

It is funny you mention accounting, one of my teachers back in CT did exactly what you describe, he is now vice president of the healing tao instructors association, giving seminars at the NQA conferences and (I heard) is working 70/30% on healing rather than accounting. He also specializes in helping people like me find work in this "business" so I need to talk to him about all this...But its funny because my friend Raul, a hindu, is about to graduate with his accounting degree and he is about to study all of the qi gong I been getting into, seriously, people have been there done that...way I see it, I just gotta learn from them. Of course I am not Chinese but that will work to my advantage, it doesnt have to be a disadvantage, no?

"the greatest moves are made by those who unafraid and dont care how the game is played"-gfe

Forget a 9 to 5? I dont know, perhaps I will work on my B.A. in something like art? That way I can at least channel the energy.

College core curriculums required classes are retarded, but this college option is staying open now that you mention it. I wouldnt mind a few art classes I sapose...a few meaning right now the college door is looking 2/3rds closed. Art is the future, I could always get a degree/work in art, being an energy channeler it seems? If I knew what I as doing...even used technology/animation one day...sweet.

Now, I wonder what is the best art school?

p.s. More of you people share what your doing with your life please? Turbo? How are things working out?

hmmmmm, an accelerated accounting degree..

Maybe i could get that online too, or I could just work for Enron! just kidding, seriously good suggestion I will have to look into, I could concentrate on accounting and bypass the shit that comes with getting a B.A. Still, I would feel like a tool studying/doing accounting! It would be COMPLETELY ignoring 1 side of the brain and using the other side...thats some seriously dualististic brain damage.

That really is Ron Jeremy? For real? It would make sense.

3053[/snapback]

You know, I think we've all wondered that at least once. :D

For what its worth, I work in a university in UK. I do some computer based teaching (Access/Excel etc), and I also do database/web page/technical work for the school.

I would (naturally, given my job) say that it is worth getting a university degree, provided that it is a reasonable one (ie one that could actually be applied in the real world) and that you put in the effort. You may or may not then use this degree later in life, but at least you wil have more options. As had been said, it may just provide the means to keep your interests funded.

I earn enough to live happily, and have time to spend as I please (I don't have work everyday). I don't think I would be in this position if I didn't have my degree.

I don't know what the situation is like where you live (largely because I don't know where you live!), but here there are far more people than jobs, and so if you want to have the option of getting a good job you need to stand out.

So, I would advise that you think long and hard before giving up your studies, but I am perhaps a lot more square than many here :)

I agree with Red Fox that there are tons of people out there with martial arts/healing/other esoteric skills trying to make a living and crapping out because they don't understand business particularly finance and marketing. If you go the business route try finance instead of accounting. It is much more interesting and it is about projecting into the future as opposed to explaining what happened in the past. The bucks are good too.

Or get your AA and apply to an acupuncture school. That might be the most direct way to apply your interest in Taoism and chi kung in a direction that will actually generate income for you. I was originally pre-med and might have gone this route had I know more about acupuncture at that point in my life.

Or get any degree and go teach English in China or Japan and study while you are there. I think Peter is teaching in China, based on his comments. I taught English in Japan for almost 3 years after finishing my undergrad. It is a great experience. You could do this and when you come home go to acupuncture school.

I did an undergrad in Asian Studies, lived in Japan, came home and worked for a Japanese travel company. I started a dojo at the same time and I crapped out because I didn't know anything about business. Got into real estate, went to grad school and got an MBA. I got another advanced financial certification. Today I turn consumer loans into bonds and sell them to institutional investors. I travel a lot on business and make enough bucks to do the training that I want to do.

I tell attorneys to keep their tongue on the roof of their mouths and to breathe with their belly in meetings and other things like that to keep people off balance. One can be financially successful and still not be a complete button-down corporate automaton.

From experience I can tell you there is nothing spiritual about being broke. Go study Maslow's heirarchy of needs. If you do want to escape from the world and totally avoid society, save enough $ to attend a few tracker school courses and you'll then have the skills you need to go live in the woods and survive without needing anything from society. That will give you plenty of time to practice your chi kung.

Yoda, I think you mentioned selling real estate somewhere. If that is right, you should check out NLP. It will help your sales skills. I use it in negotiations all the time.

Be Genki,

Tenguzake

hmmmmm, an accelerated accounting degree..

Maybe i could get that online too, or I could just work for Enron! just kidding, seriously good suggestion I will have to look into, I could concentrate on accounting and bypass the shit that comes with getting a B.A. Still, I would feel like a tool studying/doing accounting! It would be COMPLETELY ignoring 1 side of the brain and using the other side...thats some seriously dualististic brain damage.

3053[/snapback]

I BANG CURIOUS PEOPLE IN DA BUNGA-HOWL FOR A LIVIN

ARE YA CURIOUS???

AARRGGHHAARRGGHHAARRGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From experience I can tell you there is nothing spiritual about being broke. Go study Maslow's heirarchy of needs. If you do want to escape from the world and totally avoid society, save enough $ to attend a few tracker school courses and you'll then have the skills you need to go live in the woods and survive without needing anything from society. That will give you plenty of time to practice your chi kung.

3065[/snapback]

You could take classes at Tracker (which I highly recommend btw) and then you learn how to access all of this stuff, all of these skills, but then what? You are left alone to figure it all out. How will being more spiritually aware and a good tracker or caretaker or survivalist help you when you figure out you need to work within society instead of running from it? How do you live it every moment? How will it help you learn to do the things you need to in order to keep a roof over your head and food on the table? How are you going to pay your rent while you are perfecting the skills you need to "go live in the woods and survive without needing anything from society" which isn't what 99% of indigenous people did anyway (they had systems of trade goin' on and did not live in isolation or even in isolated communities). What do you do when you're living in the woods and practicing your chi kung and it's been a couple of weeks and you're lonely? Honestly if I was going to have to live in the woods and survive alone I'd spend the $800 (or whatever it is now) on really good gear.

You could take classes at Tracker (which I highly recommend btw) and then you learn how to access all of this stuff, all of these skills, but then what? You are left alone to figure it all out. How will being more spiritually aware and a good tracker or caretaker or survivalist help you when you figure out you need to work within society instead of running from it? How do you live it every moment?

You know, I used to think about that a lot... running off to the woods. Hard not to when you've taken even one of those classes, and you hit that wall of grief about what we've lost (environmentally, culturally, you name it). Just screw this society and bolt, what's the point, it's all going to hell anyway.

The strange thing is, the more I practice qigong, the less that becomes a necessary/desirable goal. If it's spiritual progress I'm after, there's plenty of that to be had right here in the cauldron of the city. It's great to take a retreat once in a while to recharge the batteries. But when i go out to the woods, the woods reflects me back to me (sometimes, rather harshly!). When I drive, the traffic reflects me to me. When I go out in a crowd, I see myself in the crowd. When i sit and home and meditate or even just think, I still see me. It appears I don't have to go anywhere special or pure to cultivate.

im gonna go against every other person so far and stress:

forget formal education, forget building up a cv and working in some shitty accounting job or whatever.

forget all that bullshit, it is meaningless jibberish, it is the system trying to force us to conform.

oh but wait wait wait, you NEED a job to get by, we live in a society where this is what we NEED. this is what i always hear whenever i bring this up....

yeah so what, money aint everything. we came to this universe to have an experience, we find ourselves on planet earth in a human body, so why waste that chance on a virtual paradise planet working some slave job for corporate idiots who are run at the top by a nasty group of completely self-serving people.

unless you are interested in working for yourself, dont bother with all that gay employment bullshit. i mean do it for a time if you need to save up money for something or other, because for the time being we still are in a cash driven society (not for long though! either money ends, or we all end up implanted with microchips, and then we become a 100% slave society.... as opposed to about 80% slaves as we are now).

go with what you like. the universe provides for you (or really you cause the situations to provide for yourself) when its needed, as long as you are willing to do what is necessary.

currently i just got a 3 month contract working a science lab, i am a scientist by training (and what a waste of time, effort and money that university training was too.... could have learnt more in a week at a permaculture farm).

i didn't even try to get this job, it came to me without effort. see.... the universe provides.

after this 3 months of saving up i am off to have my adventure. life is an experience, life on planet earth is an experience and an adventure i aint gonna miss out on.

i will be a full time taoist bum. however i will be a working for myself bum, growing vegetables and herbs and so forth... maintaining a bit of land for my family, loved ones and friends (which also just came to me).

im gonna have fun and enjoy this life.... rephrase that... i AM having fun and enjoying this life. i definately aint gonna waste it in an office working for a company that is blatantly destroying this planet earth paradise (which about 90% or more of big companies are) working just so i get a bit of free time on the weekend.

fuck that.

go with what you like grandtrinity, enjoy your life. live your adventure. if you are sincere, then it will all work out best for you, wherever you go. dont get caught up in the system, it will be dismantled eventually anyways.

• Like 1

AYA KNOW WHAT? IN ORDER TO KEEP THIS GREAT IDDEAL O YERS ALLIVE, YA *GOTTA* PRACTICE SEMMEN RETTENTION. IF YA LOSE CHING, OVER DA COURSE O A FEW YEARS, YER SPIRRIT WILL BE VANQUISHED N YALL END INTO DA COGSA O DA MATRIX.

SO YA WANNA BE A TAO BUM FOR LIFE? WELL, DONT SPRAY YER JUICE!!!!

RJ

im gonna go against every other person so far and stress:

forget formal education, forget building up a cv and working in some shitty accounting job or whatever.

forget all that bullshit, it is meaningless jibberish, it is the system trying to force us to conform.

oh but wait wait wait, you NEED a job to get by, we live in a society where this is what we NEED. this is what i always hear whenever i bring this up....

yeah so what, money aint everything. we came to this universe to have an experience, we find ourselves on planet earth in a human body, so why waste that chance on a virtual paradise planet working some slave job for corporate idiots who are run at the top by a nasty group of completely self-serving people.

unless you are interested in working for yourself, dont bother with all that gay employment bullshit. i mean do it for a time if you need to save up money for something or other, because for the time being we still are in a cash driven society (not for long though! either money ends, or we all end up implanted with microchips, and then we become a 100% slave society.... as opposed to about 80% slaves as we are now).

go with what you like. the universe provides for you (or really you cause the situations to provide for yourself) when its needed, as long as you are willing to do what is necessary.

currently i just got a 3 month contract working a science lab, i am a scientist by training (and what a waste of time, effort and money that university training was too.... could have learnt more in a week at a permaculture farm).

i didn't even try to get this job, it came to me without effort. see.... the universe provides.

after this 3 months of saving up i am off to have my adventure. life is an experience, life on planet earth is an experience and an adventure i aint gonna miss out on.

i will be a full time taoist bum. however i will be a working for myself bum, growing vegetables and herbs and so forth... maintaining a bit of land for my family, loved ones and friends (which also just came to me).

im gonna have fun and enjoy this life.... rephrase that... i AM having fun and enjoying this life. i definately aint gonna waste it in an office working for a company that is blatantly destroying this planet earth paradise (which about 90% or more of big companies are) working just so i get a bit of free time on the weekend.

fuck that.

go with what you like grandtrinity, enjoy your life. live your adventure. if you are sincere, then it will all work out best for you, wherever you go. dont get caught up in the system, it will be dismantled eventually anyways.

3083[/snapback]

im learning about it mate, don't you worry about that.

what methods did you use to learn RJ?

i like the look of dr lins stuff, establishing a little orbit to the LT.

in the meantimes while i be working on it, i dont liberally spray it around... thats for sure.

im learning about it mate, don't you worry about that.

what methods did you use to learn RJ?

i like the look of dr lins stuff, establishing a little orbit to the LT.

in the meantimes while i be working on it, i dont liberally spray it around... thats for sure.

3087[/snapback]

WELL I HAVE ALWAYS HAD AN INTUITTION ABOUT IT AS A CHILD, I USED TO SPANK MINE BABOON FOR HOURS LOCKED INTO A CLOSET IN DA DARK.

DA BREAK THRU OCUR WHEN YA TAKE OVER YER DREAM MENTAL ACTIVITY. UNLITL THEN, YA WONT GO TOO FAR BECCAUSE YA'LL END UP EJACULLTATTIN IN YER DREAMS WHEN DA FEMALE SUCCUBI LURE YA INTO SURRENDER.

DA BEST MANUAL BE MASTER CHIA'S BOOK. JUST FOLOW IT TO DA LETTER WITH TWO (2) ADDITIONS, VIZ.,

1) DA FINGER LOCK TECHNIQUE AINT DESCRIBBED ACURATTELY BY MASTER CHIA, IT BE *VERY* IMPORTANT TO HIT DA RIGHT SPOT WHICH BE CLOSER TO DA BUNGA-HOWL ELSE YA REDDIRRECT YER SEMEN INTO YER BLADER WITH 100% LOSS O CHING.

2) DA DREAM YOGA ASPECT BE NOT MENTIONNED AT ALL.

BUT MASTER CHIA'S BOOK WILL LEAD YA FOR DA FIRST 3-6 MONTHS, AFTER WHICH YALL NEED DA DREAM YOGA BREAKTHRU USUALY.

BYE NOW

RJ