1. 1. What do you do for a living?

• Illegal
    • Top Secret
    • You dont want to know
    • Unemployed
    • Full time taoist(bum)
    • Student
    • Other(specify below)

[by the way, I was wonder what all of you Tao Bums do for a living??? I am thinking about dropping out of college and starting a career in Qi Gong, with certification from the HT.

My family is one of the largest importers of rugs from China and India in this country. actually, Europe too. If you plug my last name into any search engine you will probably see a bunch of ads for Rugs. I run a chain of stores here in sunny Arizona . Most of my family is on the East coast, NY and Atlanta. My Unlcles do a ton of traveling to China. When I finally get my MBA I wouldn't mind taking off for a few months and seeing all these beautiful spots.

So basically..I am in business.

3253[/snapback]

look me up if ya find yourself in this part of the world. i gots a couch you could sleep on. and the beer is cheap.

look me up if ya find yourself in this part of the world.  i gots a couch you could sleep on.  and the beer is cheap.

3331[/snapback]

Thanks! Are you in Hong Kong?

Peter,

Are those 6 exercises the "5 rites (plus #6--retention) or is it more like the yogas of Naropa?

Thanks,

Yoda

Peter,

Are those 6 exercises the "5 rites (plus #6--retention)  or is it more like the yogas of Naropa?

Thanks,

Yoda

3349[/snapback]

well, i have no idea what the six yogas of naropa are, so i can't say. the 5 rites you speak of i'm not familiar with either. i know taht last (6th) exercise is called the biparitha karani mudra, if that helps. none fo them were dedicated to retention but there was one exercise that utilized a pranayama for 3 breath cycles.

I started getting grey hairs in my mid 20s and did the 5 (not the 6th) Tibetans for about a year or so and the grey hairs disapeared completely. Now at 36 they are coming back--so I need to get back into them.

Maybe I'll just start at a few reps each per day just to kick start the habit.

-Yoda

my guess is that you are talking about the "5 rites"--- the whirling dervish, downward dog, etc.

5 rites 

http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm

I've had great success with this set in the past, and would like to get back into it.

-Yoda

3362[/snapback]

those are very similar. a cupla slight differences in position or instructions. but very very similar, yes. they work.

Doctor of Medical Qigong Therapy (D.M.Q.)

2,500 Hour Certification Course

This course will concentrate on Medical Qigong Therapeutic Modalities and Medical Qigong prescriptions specific to the students clinical preference, and includes an extended clinical internship. This level is the most advanced and final stage in obtaining a Doctorate in Medical Qigong.

The students will be evaluated on course material by the faculty (transfer students are evaluated on an individual basis) and given oral, written and practical examinations. A one year internship followed by a mandatory one year residency is required at a program affiliated hospital or clinical setting. Upon completing the required courses and passing the final exams the student will receive a Doctorate in Medicine Qigong from the International Institute of Medical Qigong.

Prerequisites for certification in the Doctor of Medical Qigong program include all of the requirements for the Masters program, plus extended research and clinical field studies, and a Doctoral Thesis, specializing in one of the following: Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Neurology, Psychology, Oncology, Surgery.

http://www.medicalqigong.info/

That program is run by Jerry allan Johnson, a pretty well known teacher. I remember reading an article in Qi magazine years ago where there was some debate over whether there should be liscenced qigong doctors in this country or not .If I remember correctly Ken Cohen was debating Johnson saying qigong therapy is not something you should liscence because it's not like becoming a doctor and anyone should be able to practice it..or something. Michael Winn had something to say about it also but can't remember.

But his program looks pretty comprehensive at least on paper. I was thinking of doing Cohen's 3 year qigong program which is like a ditsance learning course. but it is more for personal development than learning to become a healer per se.

Studying to become a healer is a little tricky for me, I thought about becoming a doctor of TCM years ago but got such a negative feedback from people around me I dumped the idea.

These days moy long term goal is to get an MBA but may look into those kind of things for personal growth and to help others when I have time.

Cam

SEMMEN TURN THICK N GOLD IN COLLOR, EVVENTUALY IT BECCOME DA GOLDEN PILL. IT TAKE A WET FLOUR SMELL N A HEAVIER WEIGHT. IT TASTE GOOD, OR SO THEY SAY.

IF YA EJACULATE IT THERE BE NO-THANG TO TRANS-FORM.

RJ

3249[/snapback]

yeah, but that happens later. i'm starting to see that now, shift in color and consistency, and get the fragrance. you have to thru the water stage first.

mrs. columbo wonders about it......she's commented on the appearance of my "jingye."

I am a multimedia developer and 3d artist

Really? :huh: So can you do a 3d representation of the Taoist Alchemy practice such as... a little guy meditating where you can see inside his body and watch the essence and breath combine to make qi, then the skeleton breathing with the qi firing process to create the inner lights in the different dan tiens and... other cool stuff like that? :rolleyes:

Really? :huh: So can you do a 3d representation of the Taoist Alchemy practice such as... a little guy meditating where you can see inside his body and watch the essence and breath combine to make qi, then the skeleton breathing with the qi firing process to create the inner lights in the different dan tiens and... other cool stuff like that? :rolleyes:

My 3d work does not usually involve character/human modeling. :(

Re seminal retention. Don't just assume that because you aren't having sex you aren't going to age.. you're going to age a lot either way. I've seen dudes in their 80s who look like average 80 year olds but have had loads of promiscuous sex all the time. They don't look a day older than any 'average' american at 80.

I'm going to look like I'm 35 when I'm 50. Why? Genetics; both my parents appear almost 20 years younger than they actually are, and naturally I have a baby face that I inherited. I suspect that some will get deceived in the next 30 years if I end up preaching anything on Taoism: "Wow, he looks so youthful, he must be a wise man!"

Ahhh.. the easily manipulated.

Edit: concerning QiGong - keep in mind that if you do that Medical QiGong program you're going to have nothing to show in the US. It's not accepted, and unless you can prove that you have very consistent results fixing people you're going to be a (tao)bum. It won't be easy to put the bread on the table.

Edited by DaoChild

I sell the highest end point and shoot cameras internationally. So if anyone needs a Sony, Panasonic, Nikon or whatever and I can get SLR's too. Just let me know. B)

Director, Interactive, and Associate Creative Director in the advertising world (with a focuss on-line and integrating on and off-line process and strategies)

Leon - do you write ad copy?

For that matter have any of you writers on the forum sold out to the ad dollar yet ?- if so drop me a line I am always in serious need of good copy writers who actually use punctuation and proof read their copy before sending it.

Edited by -O-

I sing reggae music :)

yep, for (modest) living.. Well sometimes I do an odd sound design job too.

The good thing is I spend minimal time on working.. like maybe 5-10 hours a week, sometimes even 20 when I have to travel more :lol: