SEH2

Amazing feeling

Hello everyone,

I had the pleasure to partially attend Sifu Terry class in October in the Eastover retreat... It was there for something else... when I discovered FP qigong and bought all the dvds and started to practice back at home.... I had several health issues I have been dealing with so I have dedicated most of my time to seated meditations... I feel amazing and now when I do my practice of vol 2 cd the first 3 exercises, during very short periods of time I can feel moments of total emptyness and a wholeness at the same time  I never felt before in my life... it feels like a trance,  I get scare of the feeling like I am not conscious that I inmediately activate my mind... is this normal considering I have never done qigong or other practices before and I am so new? I have done yoga for a long time and also practice mindful meditation regularly.   I enjoy the FP practice as I experience moments where I let go of everything.

I think in my short practice of FP I have improved at least my mental state and I feel much stronger to manage my physical symptomps which have improved a lot too.

I have read many of your post and I feel inspired... thank you and looking forward to growth my FP practice!

Sandra

• Like 4

Hello, SEH2 and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Sandra,

Nice you are having those emptiness/wholeness experiences.  I get them now and then with my empty-minded meditation. 

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Good to have more FP practitioners here.  While its one of oldest and longest running threads, it's a practice that's rarely mentioned outside of a single discussion.  It'd be nice for that to change.  I'd love to see more threads discussing its practice and philosophy. 

• Like 1