Miroku

Sleep paralysis

Hi, does anybody here have an experience with sleep paralysis? How did it go? What happened? How did you make it go away? Do oyu think it is paranormal or just your mind playing tricks?

My experience with this quite interesting phenomenon is that there is a shadow figure and it tries to get to me, however I usually manage to scare it away by using mantras like mani mantra for example. However, tonight I had another experience and it sat on my bed and I repeated mani mantra in my head, but it continued and it laid down on me, it was a light shadow, so I used vajra guru mantra and it disappeared. I find this quite interesting because I didnt fear it at all, unlike previous experiences where fear was more dominant. It also seems I have caused the experience by thinking about this topic for the last few days (not intense thinking, just sometimes I lightly pondered it).

I do quite believe it is a mind playing tricks on me and mantras just make it more calm and end faster, without much fear.

• Like 1

Ive had it a few times in my life. Haven't had it in almost 8 years though.

Havent seen any shadowy or demonic figures that people talk about. It just feels like I'm surrounded by a whirlwind or tornado. Kinda like the Wizard of Oz. Hard to explain.

I simply relax and let it go away on its own.

I think when you panic the shadowy figures appear because of your anxiety.

I heard this one guru say that if it happens you should think of the color green...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Miroku said:

Hi, does anybody here have an experience with sleep paralysis? How did it go? What happened? How did you make it go away? Do oyu think it is paranormal or just your mind playing tricks?

Hi Miroku! Sleep paralysis happens before you leave your body (astral projection) and yes, it can be quite frightening if you don't know what is happening. It  just happens because you are too aware as your body relaxes and falls asleep.  If you don't want it to happen try sleeping in another position.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Miroku said:

My experience with this quite interesting phenomenon is that there is a shadow figure and it tries to get to me, however I usually manage to scare it away by using mantras like mani mantra for example. However, tonight I had another experience and it sat on my bed and I repeated mani mantra in my head, but it continued and it laid down on me, it was a light shadow, so I used vajra guru mantra and it disappeared. I find this quite interesting because I didnt fear it at all, unlike previous experiences where fear was more dominant. It also seems I have caused the experience by thinking about this topic for the last few days (not intense thinking, just sometimes I lightly pondered it).

I do quite believe it is a mind playing tricks on me and mantras just make it more calm and end faster, without much fear.

First, is  it  sleep paralysis? are you experiencing being  unable to move your body when falling asleep or when waking up from sleep ?

this is essential first step on deciding if it is paranormal or just your mind playing tricks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oak said:

Hi Miroku! Sleep paralysis happens before you leave your body (astral projection)

Oh......please!

3 hours ago, oak said:

and yes, it can be quite frightening if you don't know what is happening. It  just happens because you are too aware as your body relaxes and falls asleep.  If you don't want it to happen try sleeping in another position.

"try sleeping in another position."

:rolleyes:

An episode of sleep paralysis may cause you to be unable to speak. It can also make you unable to move your arms and legs, body, and head. You are still able to breathe normally. You are also fully aware of what is happening. An episode can last for seconds or minutes. The episode usually ends on its own. It may also end when someone touches you or speaks to you. Making an intense effort to move can also end an episode. Sleep paralysis may occur only once in your life. It may also happen many times in a year.

It can be very scary when you are unable to move. You may feel anxious and afraid. Some people also hallucinate during an episode. They may see, hear or feel things that are not there. They may even think that another person is in the room with them. These hallucinations may also appear without the sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis tends to first appear in the teen years. It then occurs most often when you are in your 20s and 30s. It may continue into your later years. It is not a serious medical risk.

Sleep paralysis can be one sign of narcolepsy.

The absolute horror and terror my young friend had with it was NOT due to "...before you leave your body (astral projection)..."

• Like 1

During sleep, your body alternates between REM (rapid eye movement) and NREM (non-rapid eye movement) sleep. One cycle of REM and NREM sleep lasts about 90 minutes. NREM sleep occurs first and takes up to 75% of your overall sleep time. During NREM sleep, your body relaxes and restores itself. At the end of NREM, your sleep shifts to REM. Your eyes move quickly and dreams occur, but the rest of your body remains very relaxed. Your muscles are "turned off" during REM sleep. If you become aware before the REM cycle has finished, you may notice that you cannot move or speak.

https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-paralysis#1

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nungali said:

First, is  it  sleep paralysis? are you experiencing being  unable to move your body when falling asleep or when waking up from sleep ?

this is essential first step on deciding if it is paranormal or just your mind playing tricks.

I am very sure I woke up from my sleep unable to move, everything kinda hazy and something sitting on the end of my bed (the feeling of weight pressing the mattress). :D 

43 minutes ago, Miroku said:

I am very sure I woke up from my sleep unable to move, everything kinda hazy and something sitting on the end of my bed (the feeling of weight pressing the mattress). :D 

Next time you see a shadowy figure on the other side of your bed just ask for a blowjob..

You might just like it..

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

Oh......please!

Its my comment based on my own experience of many years dealing with this problem in particular, not something I´ve heard or read. The intention is to help. Isn't that the purpose of this forum?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oak said:

Its my comment based on my own experience of many years dealing with this problem in particular, not something I´ve heard or read. The intention is to help. Isn't that the purpose of this forum?

Yes….   and  in  that  spirit;  outline the proof that  ’ astral   projection’ actually  occurs  (opposed  to  imagining  it  or  if  it is other  ’phenomena’   associated  with  SP) and the  reason and   connection between the two and why that would occur.

the  reason  I  ask  is  I  have  never  heard  of  anyone  say  or  claim"Sleep paralysis happens before you leave your body (astral projection)"

and  never  heard  re  SP;

"If you don't want it to happen try sleeping in another position. " .

Fortunately this does not sound like a bad case….it  can be extremely disturbing and near psychotic breakdown.

Edited by Nungali

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

the  reason  I  ask  is  I  have  never  heard  of  anyone  say  or  claim"Sleep paralysis happens before you leave your body (astral projection)"

and  never  heard  re  SP;

"If you don't want it to happen try sleeping in another position. " .

I'm not here to prove that the phenomenon is true or to defend the practice, again, just speaking of my own experience which can be confirmed by people who have experienced astral projection voluntarily or involuntarily.

I did my research alright but I'm not going to quote any authors and have my reasons for that. Not here to win any medal either, the purpose in participating in this thread is to offer some explanation which may help.

Done my part.

Edited by oak
  • Like 1

Just posted this elsewhere in the forum but you might find a useful technique for dealing with this sort of thing in the book 'Feeding your Demons' by Lama Tsultrim Allione. It's a modified form of Chod, but the essence is the same. The gist is that what you're experiencing is a threat from a shadow part of yourself, rather than an external being. Therefore the more you try to escape or eliminate that part of yourself the more power you give it. You might find as you go through the method in the book the sleep paralysis transforms or becomes less frequent. Definitely worth a read. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, oak said:

I'm not here to prove that the phenomenon is true or to defend the practice, again, just speaking of my own experience which can be confirmed by people who have experienced astral projection voluntarily or involuntarily.

I did my research alright but I'm not going to quote any authors and have my reasons for that. Not here to win any medal either, the purpose in participating in this thread is to offer some explanation which may help.

Done my part.

Is about accuracy of info offered, when someone needs help with an issue.(not medals or secret reasons)

""Sleep paralysis happens before you leave your body (astral projection)"

:huh:

Edited by Nungali

I've had many episodes of sleep paralysis, probably about 100 or so, and on a few occasions it has led to out of body experiences. I don't get them much anymore though.

In the beginning, I remember waking up and not being able to move and I had a loud buzzing sound in my head. I used all my will to move my arm and eventually I heard a ripping sound, like velcro and managed to get my hand infront of my face. But I was suprised to see that there was no actual hand there at all, just a wavy field kind of like heatwaves you see on tarmac on a hot day, in the outline of my hand.

On another occasion, I was asleep on my stomach and I again woke up in sleep paralysis, and tried really hard to hold my head up and again I heard the ripping velcro sound. And eventually, after much effort, I managed to be upright facing the wall. I could see everything perfectly, but I realised that this position should be impossible since I was facing the wall yet lying on my stomach, so I was at a 90 degree angle which would mean my spine would have had to have broken to be at that angle.

This happened many more times and some of those times I managed to pop completely out of my body and have an astral projection.

• Like 1

On 28-11-2017 at 3:52 AM, Nungali said:

Yes….   and  in  that  spirit;  outline the proof that  ’ astral   projection’ actually  occurs  (opposed  to  imagining  it  or  if  it is other  ’phenomena’   associated  with  SP) and the  reason and   connection between the two and why that would occur.

Theres no proof

just a whole bunch of people that when trying to astral project  esp in the beginning get stuck in self induced sleep paralysis.

and some people that when they wake up in sleep paralysis, use it as a way to spring board into a full astral projection

its a common thing discussed in ap communities

Long ago while camping the French Alps, in the morning my girl friend said that a very bright light had come on to the tent during the night, so bright she thought the tent would catch fire.   She said she was unable to move and I did not wake up.

Such scenarios are quite widely reported.  Fortunately she did not have a phantom pregnancy.

She never mentioned the event again and years later I discovered that she had become very secretive - and had a couple of etheric implants

Edited by Lairg

I didnt know you could get a phantom pregnancy after a couple of 'etheric implants '  .   :o

:D  that was great !   What a link

IMG_0872-150x150.jpg

Shawn has been infatuated with the post-apocalyptic genre since he wore out his horribly American-dubbed VHS of the original Mad Max as a child. Shawn is the former Editor-in-Chief at Joystiq's Massively.com, creator of the Aftermath post-apocalyptic immersion event, and host of the Through the Aftermath podcast for over 11 years. He currently resides on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere with his wife and four children.

:D  

Wow !  Ultimately  authority on   'reality ' .   But then again .... he does 'live on a mountain in the middle of nowhere '  :D 

:D 

gotta stop   ...    laughing to much  ....
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

that was great !   What a link

Should I have given you a greater choice of links?    

Edited by Lairg

6 hours ago, Lairg said:

Should I have given you a greater choice of links?    

No thanks .

We already have more than enough of your information to make an assessment  of where your sources come from .

Ultimately, there is only one true source. All the rest is bogus to some extent.

Who here has established a good connection? I for one, like to keep everything as a possibility. ^_^:rolleyes:

I get something similar on occasion. I "wake up" but am still asleep. It's like I'm stuck in darkness with no feelings or sensations. I desperately try to wake up or move but I can't. I usually think I'm dead, dying or something untoward has happened to me and it's just terrifying. Fortunately I don't get them much.