Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Burning Man

Maybe I'll go to Burning Man this year. Read nice things about it in the book Pronoia. Might be a great change of pace, a chance to get away from the tic toc for a few days. Tickets go on sale Jan 16th.

Any here been to one? Thoughts?

Michael

BRING WATER, LOTS OF WATER ...that is potable and in containers that dont allow for evaporation -contamination...Gallon jugs to make easy rationing... I don't think that the organizers let folks in who don't have the proper needed supplies on hand.

It doesn't look good for me this year but maybe a Taobums meet-up at Burning Man would be an apt place...?

Know a couple of people who have been. The desert in No. Nevada is a different animal than the Sonoran desert in AZ. Be prepared for high winds blowing sand and freezing temps at night. I would take every precaution for exposure to the daytime sun and blowing sand. Do your research and don't underestimate the conditions. A girl I know who has been there a couple of times already told me that everybody is very cool and more than willing to pitch in and share. Then again you're from Chicago so you know about extreme weather :)

Edited by Eric23

It isn't real camping unless you suffer :)

I've been on the Burning Man mail list for a while. The link Wayfarer posted is definitive. It would be so fantastic to get there.

Michael

Sign in to follow this