TheCLounge

Love builds happy homes...Lust destroys them

Love is built on the foundations of truth

Lust on the foundations of illusions..

Anyone dealing with sexual issues or any issues revolving greed or malice I just wanted to write this to encourage you...peace

Edited by TheCLounge
  • Like 2

It seems like sexuality, greed, and malice are all the same to you.

Love is wonderful, but there is nothing wrong with lust either. Ideally, they go hand in hand.

It is usually only the suppression of sexual desires that leads to "sexual issues".

Daoism (in my understanding) teaches us to accept our nature,

• Like 3

That's pretty much what I'm saying. Lust tends to come from sexual issues. Not being able to find peace with their urges. It can cause problems and delusions

6 hours ago, Anastasia said:

It seems like sexuality, greed, and malice are all the same to you.

Love is wonderful, but there is nothing wrong with lust either. Ideally, they go hand in hand.

It is usually only the suppression of sexual desires that leads to "sexual issues".

Daoism (in my understanding) teaches us to accept our nature,

Lust can be seen energetically ; as a  vigorous joyful  desire to expression.  As in "lust for life" .

Sexually, it seems a reaction to sensed 'good genetics' (in its pure form )   - meaning , one can sense 'unconsciously' a viable mating partner to produce good offspring.  But sometimes this can be interfered with by other inputs, conditionings , 'phylias', 'phobias',  and all sorts of programs.   Lust can trigger other responses reactions and needs   'over riding '    them.

For example; I worked virtually day and night on a 90 hour painting once;  a  couple of hours snooze a night, hardly any food ( actually, normal food intake  will bring one out of this state ) . . . one gets higher and higher (until reserves run low ) . "motivating force" ... Crowley termed it   'Energised Enthusiasm' .    Often it is needed to be invoked to 'get the job done' . It can be invoked and harnessed, as a driving force and tool, if one knows how .   In Crowley's system it was a basic motivating force  and power behind working the 'Magick'.     It used to be called 'Strength '

Image result for strength Tarot card

but he preferred to term it 'Lust' for the specific source of it's motivations ;

Image result for Lust Thoth Tarot card

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TheCLounge said:

Sex is the force of life. Never will I tell someone to suppress them. But to understand the nature of it

" Worship and neglect not, the physical body which is thy temporary connection with the outer and material world. Therefore let thy mental Equilibrium be above disturbance by material events; strengthen and control the animal passions, discipline the emotions and the reason, nourish the Higher Aspirations. "

- Liber Librae .

• Like 1

'Love builds happy homes...Lust destroys them'

hmnn, I'd say lust has the potential to destroy them, though lusting for your significant other is good.  Love and lust are not mutually exclusive.   Going further, I'd think many a happy home and couple are the products of lust, ie the search for a mate (& sex) is what brought them together. 

That combo of lust/love make the world go round.  Not smoothly perhaps, but it is the engine for many of our motivations. 

Here is a video many of us saw in highschool to explain it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrrADTN-dvg

• Like 2

For most of us, lust is a part of life.  It`s an animal desire, for sure, but also part of what makes us human.  Why be so hard on the lusty?  Sexual issues, including irresponsible promiscuity, arise from sexual judgment.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Sexual issues, including irresponsible promiscuity, arise from sexual judgment.  

I think that (from my own experience) an inbalanced need for sexual activity Has its cause in one's lack of self-esteem. I don't think I ever met anyone with an healthy self-esteem who was promiscuous.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, oak said:

I think that (from my own experience) an inbalanced need for sexual activity Has its cause in one's lack of self-esteem. I don't think I ever met anyone with an healthy self-esteem who was promiscuous.

True.  There`s lots of ways to look at "sexual issues," and I think we`re both touching on different aspects, Oak.  Sexual judgment (and especially sexual shame) and low self-esteem often go together.  

14 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

True.  There`s lots of ways to look at "sexual issues," and I think we`re both touching on different aspects, Oak.  Sexual judgment (and especially sexual shame) and low self-esteem often go together.  

Indeed.

• Like 1

Promiscuous = dissatisfied, but promiscuity does not engender satisfaction, only more dissatisfaction = more promiscuity.  How odd.

Not odd at all though if you consider the fact that sex is the only outlet for human closeness left a modern "civilized" person.  We have sexualized human contact, a vital need -- which is nowhere near "always sexual" in normal human reality.  Most indigenous people, e.g., sleep together in a non-sexual way -- all their lives, regardless of whether they engage in sex with the people they sleep with.  Most importantly, mothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers (and, at an age above infancy, also fathers, uncles, grandfathers and brothers) sleep together with infants, so the developing and learning human being ( learning through feelings, through the whole body surface and whole brain, mind, proprioception, soul surface -- toward meanings these experiences continuously translate into internally -- through the whole growing, unfolding consciousness) never sleeps alone (in addition to never being left alone during waking hours), never feels disconnected.  Thus the life-defining need for physical closeness to a loving, protecting body does not get frustrated at the developmental level, something that always translates into this need later reemerging all thwarted and unrecognizable, in a totally inappropriate and misunderstood context.  Misunderstood and mishandled because of the gaps in the sensorium -- and in consciousness -- unnatural upbringings leave forever.  

This sleeping-together between non-spouses is always asexual in normal natural circumstances, and people raised like that from infancy don't commit sexual crimes, don't molest children and don't understand the point of promiscuity.  In fact, they don't even see the human body the same way our "civilized" folks do.  Anthropologists tried showing some Playboy pics to members of one such tribe, registering reactions.  There was zero reaction.  These people just didn't understand that they are supposed to get sexually aroused or generate lewd jokes and propositions from looking at a young naked body in a "provocative" pose.   What's a provocative pose?..  Depends on the level of frustration of the "provocatee."  There's islamic countries where a woman can't show her face lest she provoke a man, and also her leg is cut off below the ankle by her clothes because the ankle, let alone anything above, is also too provocative.  Our grandmothers and great-grandmothers couldn't be in public without stockings, by the way.  The fancy among them couldn't be in public without gloves.  And so on...    

Why don't our men get all excited from seeing the back of a woman's neck, the way countless generations of Japanese men used to?  Why don't we find "golden lilies," foot-binding-mutilated Chinese feet, particularly sexual? -- they used to be a must for a woman who wanted to sexually function as a woman in any social position, wife or courtesan.  It's all about fucking conditioning, but it's not all about fucking.

• Like 5

Some of you are confusing lust with "want"

You can WANT sex, but what I'm saying is that there's a difference between love and "lustful obsession"..

Obsession leads to a lack of self awareness..And unhappiness 

• Like 1