Sign in to follow this  
Starjumper

Shen and Chi Power.

I wrote the following post in another thread but in a section which doesn't get much traffic.  It brings up an interesting question for some to ponder and maybe explain.  It relates to the two statements in bold and underlined, which are contradictory.  So, how would you resolve this problem of apparent contradiction?

-----------------------------------------------------

On 11/19/2017 at 5:00 PM,  Limahong said: 

Chi power - positive or negative? For good use or abuse? ...?

On 11/19/2017 at 5:15 PM,  Limahong said: 

Isn't it enough for me to stop at 'chi'? Why 'chi' => 'chi power'? 'Power' corrupts.

Everyone has chi, it's no big deal, if they didn't have chi they would be dead.  Chi power, on the other hand is the goal, the carrot to be chased after in order to keep the seekers meditating.  It's true that power can corrupt but chi power is a little different because it requires a lot of meditation to develop a lot of power (not only meditation is required, but that's an essential piece of the puzzle) and lots of meditation tends to weed out the oinkers.  The path to power also has these things called detours and dead ends which attract those silly egotistical people who mainly want power, where they then get stuck at low level.

Taoism is a warrior tradition, and warriors want to be powerful, don't they?  Power really means being able to do something effectively, so don't be cheeky.  Nei Kung is the spiritual path of the warrior, and do warriors want to be wimpy?  I don't think so. At higher level the path is called the Path of the Wizard.  Have you ever heard of a wimpy wizard?  I don't think so.  Who wants to be a wimpy wizard?  Raise your hand and say "I want to be wimpy".  OK then we have just the thing for you, it's called wimpy chi kung.

Really what it boils down to is that having chi power makes the spiritual path much faster, or even possible at all.  The special abilities that come with it are what I call the frosting on the cake, and I like lots of frosting because it's more entertaining, and that's all it is is some entertainment, which has some life saving benefits.

Chi power is required for health and longevity, it is required for vitality and wisdom.

Lastly, there is the thing about having a big bright aura, have you ever seen any depictions of a big bright aura?  Yes you have.  Well a big bright aura is a manifestation of chi power.  Let's see if we can find some depictions of big bright auras.  Sometimes the big bright aura is depicted around the head only but Taoists like to have a big bright aura around the whole body.

kuan_yin__goddess_of_compassion_or23.jpg

Buddha-Weekly-0Mantra-around-medicine-bu

BABAJI-aureola.jpg

Babaji_w19.jpg

lao-tzu-picture.jpg

jesus-20resurrection-05.jpg

NUESTRA-SE%C3%91ORA-DE-GUADALUPE.jpg

Let me know if you're bored yet.

the-blessed-virgin-mary-mother-of-god-ma

stock-photo-in-meditation-with-chakras-2

And lastly we have an energy portrait of a Nei Kung master Wizard

chi_kungmaser.jpg

Let me know if all these pictures of corrupted people worked for you or not.  

Edited by Starjumper
change title
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Chi power, on the other hand is the goal, the carrot to be chased after in order to keep the seekers meditating.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for starting this new thread.

Can we associate chi power with the discipline, energy, gumption... to strife for loftier goals? It is more link to personal/private pursuits that involve the mind, health, meditations, sacrifices... in this directional flow: jing => chi => shen?

Chi power is one up on chi. It is more in the domain of 'shen'?

The path to power also has these things called detours and dead ends which attract those silly egotistical people who mainly want power, where they then get stuck at low level.

The path to chi power ('shen') is not easy, commonly known or linear. There are obstacles, setbacks, challenges...  on roads less traveled?

Silly egotistical power is apparently not chi power. Examples of low level powers - economical, political, sexual... ?

Good night.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

The road to Shen, it's usually a long road.

Hi Steve,

The road to Shen cannot be mapped with milestones as the path is (i) ever changing (momentarily), (ii) non-traceable, (iii) non-repetitive, (iv)... But the mind is all knowing after a journeyed experience in reality - humbly?

- Anand

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Everyone has chi, it's no big deal, if they didn't have chi they would be dead.

Hi Steve,

But of course.

It's true that power can corrupt but chi power is a little different because it requires a lot of meditation to develop a lot of power (not only meditation is required, but that's an essential piece of the puzzle) and lots of meditation tends to weed out the oinkers.

Chi power targets at oinkers?

Taoism is a warrior tradition, and warriors want to be powerful, don't they?  Power really means being able to do something effectively, so don't be cheeky.

I dare not be cheeky with Taoist warriors.

Nei Kung is the spiritual path of the warrior, and do warriors want to be wimpy?  I don't think so. At higher level the path is called the Path of the Wizard.  Have you ever heard of a wimpy wizard?  I don't think so.  Who wants to be a wimpy wizard?  Raise your hand and say "I want to be wimpy".  OK then we have just the thing for you, it's called wimpy chi kung.

There are five wimpy's here. No way to this - "I want to be wimpy".

Why? See this...

OK then we have just the thing for you, it's called wimpy chi kung.

If I do wimpy chi kung, will I be limpy at my first and second chakras? If so - NO.

Really what it boils down to is that having chi power makes the spiritual path much faster, or even possible at all.  The special abilities that come with it are what I call the frosting on the cake, and I like lots of frosting because it's more entertaining, and that's all it is is some entertainment, which has some life saving benefits.

Self explanatory:

Frosting will not make you a wimpy oinker. Give it a try.

Chi power is required for health and longevity, it is required for vitality and wisdom.

As in:  jing  =>  chi  =>  shen?

Lastly, there is the thing about having a big bright aura, have you ever seen any depictions of a big bright aura?  Yes you have.  Well a big bright aura is a manifestation of chi power.  Let's see if we can find some depictions of big bright auras.  Sometimes the big bright aura is depicted around the head only but Taoists like to have a big bright aura around the whole body.

Why "Taoists like to have a big bright aura around the whole body"? Because they like frosting?

Let me know if you're bored yet.

Not bored at all. Beautiful pictures. Thank you.

And lastly we have an energy portrait of a Nei Kung master Wizard

Master's chakras - energized from the first to the seventh? Or was his apple tree hit by lightning?

- LimA

• Like 1

On 11/21/2017 at 10:27 PM, Limahong said:

The road to Shen cannot be mapped with milestones as the path is (i) ever changing (momentarily), (ii) non-traceable, (iii) non-repetitive, (iv)... But the mind is all knowing after a journeyed experience in reality - humbly?

- Anand

Hi Anand,  the thing is that I aint got no steenking book larnin' about that lame kind of stuff called Shen.  Also I had one of those weird teachers who taught without speaking, you may have heard of that type mentioned somewhere.  The result of that is that I don't use no steenking foreign words and I really don't know what people mean when they say Shen,  therefore I can't really comment on it.

However once a Taoist immortal told me that "a person's spirit should be like a wild stallion racing free across the open plain".  So if that's what Shen means then I can make something up about it's connection to chi power; but I imagine that here, surrounded by bibliophiles who indulge in wimpy chi kung, that I would be missing the mark as far as they are concerned.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2017 at 2:35 AM, Limahong said:
On 11/21/2017 at 8:12 AM, Starjumper said:

It's true that power can corrupt but chi power is a little different because it requires a lot of meditation to develop a lot of power (not only meditation is required, but that's an essential piece of the puzzle) and lots of meditation tends to weed out the oinkers.

Chi power targets at oinkers?

That's not what I meant.  Cultivation of chi power requires a lot of meditation in addition to other things, and oinkers can't do a lot of meditation because they would have to look at their dark egos.  The result of this is that they drop out and quit meditating and therefore can not develop power.  Those who are able to endure and work their way through it will then no longer be oinkers, so they then may continue on the path to cultivating chi power.

On 11/21/2017 at 8:12 AM, Starjumper said:

OK then we have just the thing for you, it's called wimpy chi kung.

If I do wimpy chi kung, will I be limpy at my first and second chakras?

:)  Maybe not till later in life.  Some wimpy chi kung works passably well with lower levels but when it gets to higher chakras they're mostly farting in the dark - which is good because then you don't know who done it.

When you get more psychic it's possible to smell sick energy, which people may give off after doing some non wimpy chi kung followed by sitting meditation.  Sick energy smells kind of like someone farted, but then when you ask later it appears that no one farted, or so they say.  Oh the burdens of being a nei kung teacher :wacko: 

Edited by Starjumper

Frosting will not make you a wimpy oinker. Give it a try.

I LIKE frosting!  The problem is that most of those cakes have a very wimpy amount of frosting, and while oinkers may like cake more than frosting, us slender types prefer mostly frosting, heavy on the frosting.

Like this, Chocolate Eruption Cake done right:

tumblr_inline_myue1sSt081qgbrct.jpg

But I sincerely thank you for teaching me a new Taoist term - Wimpy Oinkers - that one is a keeper!

Edited by Starjumper

Frosting is for the kiddies. The chocolatey caramel drizzle , on the eruption cake however looks yummy.. but Ill take a New York style cheesecake ,plain , any day. Thats real Food for the soul.

• Like 1

Ok, if it counts as frosting. Then I have to redact. Whats in the middle of the eruption cake ? Aha ,white chocolate cheesecake, very nice. :)

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stosh said:

New York style cheesecake, plain, any day. That's real Food for the soul.

Good morning Stosh,

Can I share the recipe with everyone?

- LimA

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stosh said:

I'll take a New York style cheesecake...

58 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Oh yes, I love cheesecake...

54 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Aha ,white chocolate cheesecake, very nice. :)

Guys,

From chi power to cheesecake? Kind of oinky?

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Guys,

From chi power to cheesecake? Kind of oinky?

You'll have to pardon us, today is Oinky Day!

Wifeypoo made this cake for today from scratch, 50% frosting, pretty good (edit: she wants me to add the frosting is chocolate walnut coffee frosting):

Yin_Yang_cake.jpg

Fresh local tropical fruit in middle ground.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Wifeypoo made this cake for today

Lucky Hubbeepoo,

Offerings to Buddha?

Fruits - pineapple, avocado, banana, ... ?

Going for my breakfast.

Oink Oink!

- Anand

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

(edit: she wants me to add the frosting is chocolate walnut coffee frosting)

Hubbeepoo,

Wifeypoo only has this frosting on Oinky Day? Or is everyday OD?

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Wifeypoo made this cake for today from scratch, 50% frosting, pretty good (edit: she wants me to add the frosting is chocolate walnut coffee frosting):

Yin_Yang_cake.jpg

Oh, wow! That is so cool! Now that takes chi power! 

• Like 1

Fresh local tropical fruit in middle ground.

Did she make enough for all of us? :)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Starjumper said:

The thing is that I aint got no steenking book larnin' about that lame kind of stuff called Shen.  Also I had one of those weird teachers who taught without speaking, you may have heard of that type mentioned somewhere.  The result of that is that I don't use no steenking foreign words and I really don't know what people mean when they say Shen,  therefore I can't really comment on it.

Hi Steve,

I too am not sure what Shen is all about actually. But it places in my mind higher possible resolutions of chi; there are greater heights for me to scale. Initially I went about understanding Shen haphazardly until one day it just dawned on me that it has become an unquestioned part of me. Then I started to move from the secular to the spiritual. I went in search of my original self and I am reconnected with him as Anand.

I shared the above account with friends on my new first birthday as Anand. One of them responded thus:

It is a privilege to have found the link back to your original self which most people lose with the passage of time. That itself is perhaps the greatest birthday gift for Anand. Stepping into society we have to adapt to what society wants us to be. Eventually we forget that familiar face we see in the mirror everyday.

Each of us have to find the Shen of our lives - each life a road less traveled. I am still searching.

17 hours ago, Starjumper said:

However once a Taoist immortal told me that "a person's spirit should be like a wild stallion racing free across the open plain".  So if that's what Shen means then I can make something up about it's connection to chi power; but I imagine that here, surrounded by bibliophiles who indulge in wimpy chi kung, that I would be missing the mark as far as they are concerned.

My Guru in India said to me once quite fondly that I charge "like an elephant in a jungle". Similar analogy with your Taoist immortal. Are you a wild stallion, Steve - as far as you are concerned? Elephants and wild stallions have natural chi powers? 

Cultivation of chi power requires a lot of meditation in addition to other things, and oinkers can't do a lot of meditation because they would have to look at their dark egos.  The result of this is that they drop out and quit meditating and therefore can not develop power.  Those who are able to endure and work their way through it will then no longer be oinkers, so they then may continue on the path to cultivating chi power.

Perhaps they have different kinds of chi power. As long as they do not reduce me to powder they are fine with me. Live and let live Shen-wise. But elephants have good memories, so do not tamper with them.

:)  Maybe not till later in life.  Some wimpy chi kung works passably well with lower levels but when it gets to higher chakras...  Oh the burdens of being a nei kung teacher :wacko:

No comment.

12 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I sincerely thank you for teaching me a new Taoist term - Wimpy Oinkers - that one is a keeper!

Don't get me into trouble. Both words came from you. I just put them alongside. Om.

=========================================================================

There is a lightness of being when it comes to chi and chi power - thus the above good natured bantering is not misplaced.

But there are apparent problems with the lower chakras - as reflected on "TDB Welcome".

If there are problems with 'chi', then problems with 'chi power' will be nightmarish?

A great weekend.

- Anand

• Like 2

On 11/24/2017 at 6:14 AM, Limahong said:

I too am not sure what Shen is all about actually. But it places in my mind higher possible resolutions of chi; there are greater heights for me to scale. Initially I went about understanding Shen haphazardly until one day it just dawned on me that it has become an unquestioned part of me.

Ah, well I think it is good to go along without questioning such exalted mental fabrications as Shen, but if one uses it in conversation it is better to question what it means and get to the bottom of it.  I thought of starting a new thread and asking the bibliophiles what Shen means, it could work, and it could also result in the kind of comedy you get when people report about what they think some author, often an amateur, meant.

I'll tell you one thing for sure that Shen is not.  it is not energy.  People who say it is energy are the same kinds of people who say that emotions are energy, or who say that Jing is energy,  those are not energy.  Chi is energy, like electromagnetic energy, but with some differences.

My Guru in India said to me once quite fondly that I charge "like an elephant in a jungle". Similar analogy with your Taoist immortal. Are you a wild stallion, Steve - as far as you are concerned? Elephants and wild stallions have natural chi powers?

Didn't your guru say "charging like a bull elephant in the jungle"?  When I remembered it after reading it I imagined that he said bull elephant, and that aint no bull.  (note: this is a setup for sexist comments)

Perhaps they have different kinds of chi power. As long as they do not reduce me to powder they are fine with me. Live and let live Shen-wise. But elephants have good memories, so do not tamper with them.

I think there is only one kind of chi power, which is basically having a lot of chi circulating through your system, having a lot stored in your bones, having a nice whole body energy buzz, being able to radiate a lot of energy, and glowing in the dark; that kind of thing.

Don't get me into trouble. Both words came from you. I just put them alongside. Om.

Yes both words came from me, but it was genius on your part to put them together.  Now I/we have a new insult which includes both power and humor, the best kind!

Edited by Starjumper
speeling
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2017 at 7:32 PM, Limahong said:

Offerings to Buddha?

Fruits - pineapple, avocado, banana, ... ?

It's more of a happy coinkydence, Buddha ended up on a kitchen counter when I exiled him from the living room altar, and that is also one place where we commonly store the fresh fruit

On 11/23/2017 at 7:41 PM, Limahong said:

Wifeypoo only has this frosting on Oinky Day? Or is everyday OD?

She's a master chef and creates goodies like this, always something different.  Normally the special desserts are for special occasions and we usually do not eat dessert.

On 11/24/2017 at 1:47 AM, Mudfoot said:

Did she make enough for all of us? :)

She did, there was enough for everyone who has posted on this thread back when you asked.  Alas, there is no more ... but more could be made ... usually a little different.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this