Sign in to follow this  
Kractoid

Qi flow and drugs or alcohol

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I wanted to put myself out there and also ask a question that is relevant to my life right now. What do you all think about the effects of drugs and alcohol, in moderation or otherwise, on ones qi. I know that the Tao is all about the balance of darkness and light. A bit different from my understanding of Buddhism which emphasizes purity and abstinence from all earthly things. I was wondering if anyone has any input on this subject?  

Hello, Kractoid and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Kractoid,

I always speak against the use of drugs and the excessive use of alcohol.  I have seen too many people screw up their life by both.  And I often speak of moderation, whatever we do.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I always speak against the use of drugs and the excessive use of alcohol.  I have seen too many people screw up their life by both.  And I often speak of moderation, whatever we do.

17 hours ago, Kractoid said:

What do you all think about the effects of drugs and alcohol, in moderation or otherwise, on ones qi. I know that the Tao is all about the balance of darkness and light. A bit different from my understanding of Buddhism which emphasizes purity and abstinence from all earthly things.

Hi Kracktoid,

Marblehead is right. Perhaps you already knew that something is not too right - that's why you are now at TDB?

I embrace Buddhism and Taoism philosophically - to touch base with my mind.

Drugs and alcohol affect the mind - so you like to be mindless or mindful?

Read more on Buddhism to enhance your understanding. There is something that pertains to a middle path.

I foresee a balanced 'you' soon. Why? It appears that you are helping yourself - a step in the right direction.

March on.

- LimA

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Apeiron&Peiron said:

This is an important difference.

Hi Apeiron&Peiron,

Beautiful difference.

29 minutes ago, Apeiron&Peiron said:

in the case of drugs and alcohol---if it is strong enough to generate a noticeable effect, it is strong enough to imbalance the energy flow in the organs...

Hi Kracktoid,

Please read well.

Good night.

- LimA

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this