dachengchuan

William Bodhri skeleton visualition mantra practice

In his fantastic tell it like it really is Blog William Bodhri ... says That's why I always tell you to practice the skeleton visualization method and breathing practices and mantra practice or use Tsong Khapa's visualization instructions for opening up the central channel. Anyone know ehere these posts are or similar stuff ... this sounds like pure gold to me ... da cheng chuan

In his fantastic tell it like it really is Blog William Bodhri ... says That's why I always tell you to practice the skeleton visualization method and breathing practices and mantra practice or use Tsong Khapa's visualization instructions for opening up the central channel. Anyone know ehere these posts are or similar stuff ... this sounds like pure gold to me ... da cheng chuan

The white skeleton meditation is available from his site as an ebook. I think it's $7.95. The other one's I don't know about.

Bodri doesn't walk on water. Here's his prediction on Benzair Bhutto:

"For instance Benazir Bhutto returns to Pakistan and there's a bomb attempt on her life. Curious, I compute the fortune and there it is - the shocking, frightening affair would quickly settle down and everything will be alright. "In such a year, an official may suffer an evil and treacherous attack, and a scholar has a sign of confusion at first, but success later. A commoner may have lawsuits and loss. An old person will face a life-threatening crisis, and a child will be frightened. As for the seven days, that is the time limit." Yep- (1) treacherous attack on her life, (2) lawsuit she's getting over (3) life threatening, (4) quickly settles down."

you can google taobums for more information on "WSM" and "white skeleton meditation" cool practice. Made me too horny... Mrs Yoda had to put me curbside until I stopped.

Hi Yoda,

I was thinking whether to buy 25 doors of Bodri. Does that book have White Skeleton meditation as well? do you have this book?

Does any Tao Bum recommend the book? Review on Amazon says stuff like - 'Practices never known to the west written here' etc.

Thnks....

Hi Yoda,

I was thinking whether to buy 25 doors of Bodri. Does that book have White Skeleton meditation as well? do you have this book?

Does any Tao Bum recommend the book? Review on Amazon says stuff like - 'Practices never known to the west written here' etc.

Thnks....

Hi Yoda.

Amazon reviews can be misleading, theres a lot of hyping and shill reviewing, there may be more in his other ebooks some of them like How to Measure and Deepen Your Spiritual Realization are USD $97 he even peddles one called Meditation for Beautiful Skin anyone here bought any of these ebooks and can give them the thumbs up or down as to whether they have more material in them than the Hua Chin Nan books, ciao, DaChengChuan

Edited by dachengchuan

I liked wsm and beautiful skin, but my mind doesn't mix well enough with Bodri's to the point that I could get into his $97 one. Information is interesting but I don't groove on his vibe. He seems kind of negative to me.

Hi Yoda,

Thnks....

I have this book. It's ok and has some interesting practices like 9 bottle wind breathing. Doesn't have Skeleton Meditation.

If you have to buy, spend $97 for his bigger book "How to Measure and Deepen Your Spiritual Realization" as it goes very deep into practices from many traditions.

Hey guys,

I think Bodhi's "How to Measure.." is good, but it's more of a review or analysis of different Buddhist meditative traditions - a comparison of their models and the achievements of the masters thereof. On that level, it is very theoretical and, in my opinion, it gives very little information on how to meditate in terms of method and technique. So it good for theory but bad for practice.

In kind regards,

Adam.

Edited by Adam West

I've been reading "How to Measure..." and so far I am not dissapointed. It is very advanced but it really needs an editor. Its 705 pages of wandering thought and an editor would have cut this down to 250 pages easily. I am also trying to put this information into a context I can understand since I dont know ANY Buddhist terms and it seems thats what he favors.

He has presented things I have never heard before and even clarifies some kabbalistic principles I never really understood. This really is an amazing book. I am currently on page 340 so I am not even half way through. I also think I finally understand why he seems to always put down other meditators and their experiences. I think he thinks it is a helpful Zen thing.

Isn't there a forum that has a group that follows this guy or his master?

Edited by DarinHamel

Hey I just wanted to report that I asked my teacher and a few Daoist cultivators this weekend about Bodri's teacher Nan Huaijin. The general consensus was that Nan is a well respected scholar but that his cultivation methods leave something to be desired. Of course these opinions seem to come down to the age old Buddhist/Daoist debate: to go strait for mental cultivation or to start with the body.

As a Daoist, my teacher of course believes cultivation must start with the body. The roots of the tree grow before its branches. A very pragmatic approach. And that ultimately, pure mind cultivation will result in cerebral experiences that may or may not have anything to do with reality. Develop mind and body together and you'll have physical proof for mental enlightenment.

Bodri says cultivate the mind and the body will follow. Who's right? I'd have to meet Bodri to get a better idea. I'll say, while I've been impressed with the good hearts and minds of completely wuwei practitioners, most of them had rather undesirable physiques (think Vipassana's S.N. Goenka). Whereas the taoists and yogis I've met have tended to have more extreme personalities, most very playful, some rather temperamental, but chubby or thin they were in robust health.

Perhaps it's best to dress as the Chinese have: In a Confucian, a Buddhist robe, and Daoist sandals. Could there be reason to this? In the Confucian logic on top, Daoist vitality on the bottom, and a Buddhist heart to connect the two. Hmmm.