Lee

Full Lotus Training

Hi everyone, 

I was unsure where to place this topic. 

I am trying to achieve full lotus for my new practices and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on stretches or dvd's that i can learn. 

but am really looking for something for an absolute beginner.   something that i can practice daily to give me the flexibility and conditioning to be able to correctly perform full lotus without injury. 

Thank you in advanced. 

Becoming The Lotus by Martin Faulks is avaliable for kindle on Amazon.

Edited by TomBrad
  • Like 1

Depends on how far you are from the lotus and how long you intend to sit in this pose. If you are far and your plan is to sit for an hour or more, it is better to use paid content streaming yoga resources for systematic training, I use Ekhart Yoga. Otherwise, general youtube will be enough.

Can anyone explain here how to be in a Lotus position. My internet is disabled since I'm practicing mental celibacy and only a few sites are available 

14 hours ago, Gerard said:

Irrelevant:

Ultimately, the more physically comfortable one is the easier one’s meditation will be. Meditation is, or should be, a simple and natural process. Requiring numerous technical necessities and details only robs it of these qualities.

http://sdhammika.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/the-lotus-posture.html?m=1

lotus isnt for weekend warriors.  if one is a spiritual weekend warrior, one's not going to get very far with it anyway!

now if one is serious about training, on the other hand...

then its a matter of thorough cross training and covering all aspects of cultivation.   once one can sit in lotus comfortably, the natural tripod setup allows for even deeper relaxation because of the position's inherent stability - and the bit of tension placed on the psoas muscle is more energetic also, like a guitar string at its proper tension instead of one that is far too slack to resonate well. 

this doesnt mean one should rush to get there, because that's just asking for injury.  but its too good to be ignored by the serious cultivator.

Edited by joeblast
that was a disgusting run on sentence
  • Like 4