Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Gun Control and Shootings

We need better background checks on Gun Control protesters!

VicMensa1-640x480.jpg

"Rapper Vic Mensa performed for Saturday’s student march for gun control, coined the March for Our Lives, although he was arrested last year on a concealed handgun charge." http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2018/03/26/rapper-performed-gun-control-march-arrested-last-year-concealed-handgun-charge/

Video Game fans are already crying because the FX channel killed plans to create a 'Deadpool' animated series, without citing a reason. In reality, it's the gun-control issue - how do you have a cartoon about a mercenary who uses twin Ingram Mac-10's and two samurai swords to kill contract hits, and not stomp all over gun-control efforts? Eventually the three brain cells in all the 'gen-z' kids will fire, and they'll realize that going for gun-control will take video games, as well as rights, from them - and they'll end up with My Pretty Pony and Tetris as their only games. If only they realized that ENFORCEMENT of existing laws would do the trick, we'd have something!

Poster boy for what those that want to take away others rights always seem to feel they can keep the same rights as they would deny others.   All the politicians want armed guards and walls around their houses....  

Wailua River in Kauai, Hawaii, August 23, 2007. Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has built a six-foot wall around his 700-acre estate on the island.  http://www.newsweek.com/facebook-mark-zuckerberg-wall-hawaii-protest-549068

700-acres   guess he needs his space....700-acres   boggles the mind.

mark zuckerberg hawaii wall protest

In almost all cases of those that rule,  who say they don't they do ...

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 1

There is much hypocrisy in the news and those who are being featured in the news.

I wish I could say more but I think this is enough.

talks about 2nd amendment

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure,” Jefferson "    Or so they say :mellow:

Edited by windwalker
  • Thanks 1

"Former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens says the right to bear arms has run its course, and now’s the time to “repeal the Second Amendment.”

It never fails those that benefit, benefited, from any law enacted for the rights of the people are very free about asking that those rights be curtailed.  The media not free press supports this because it supports a certain narrative and ignores reality on the ground 

Dangerous times we live in.   On a side note, in Taiwan its almost impossible to own a gun by law,,,guess who has guns 

my bother in law had his partner shot and killed at a bank they work at recently.... Small baseball bats are legal and used

by many for ....not for  baseball :mellow:.  defense and offense   

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/27/former-supreme-court-justice-john-paul-stevens-repeal-second-amendment/

Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, 91, works in his office at the Supreme Court in Washington, Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2011. His new book is titled "Five Chiefs: A Supreme Court Memoir," a personal reflection on the five chief justices he has known. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

• Thanks 1

"A woman who was jumped by masked armed men in her own driveway Tuesday morning was able to break away, retrieve a gun from inside her home, and open fire.

The suspects immediately fled the scene.

KHOU reports that the woman was jumped around 2:30 a.m. in her southwest Houston driveway. She managed to escape, running inside her house. She opened fire when the attackers allegedly “tried to break into the home.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/27/woman-opens-fire-masked-armed-men-jump-her/

not into guns,  having served in the military for a while, understand their uses and short comings 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, windwalker said:

"Former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens says the right to bear arms has run its course, and now’s the time to “repeal the Second Amendment.”

It never fails those that benefit, benefited, from any law enacted for the rights of the people are very free about asking that those rights be curtailed.  The media not free press supports this because it supports a certain narrative and ignores reality on the ground 

Dangerous times we live in.   On a side note, in Taiwan its almost impossible to own a gun by law,,,guess who has guns 

my bother in law had his partner shot and killed at a bank they work at recently.... Small baseball bats are legal and used

by many for ....not for  baseball :mellow:.  defense and offense   

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/27/former-supreme-court-justice-john-paul-stevens-repeal-second-amendment/

Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, 91, works in his office at the Supreme Court in Washington, Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2011. His new book is titled "Five Chiefs: A Supreme Court Memoir," a personal reflection on the five chief justices he has known. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

you cant repeal UNalienable

of course this is why the fake constitution had its verbiage altered to INalienable, which indicates said right can be bought sold or transferred.

got on his bike and rode to the school so that he could obtain as much footage as possible?  wait, wasnt he at the school? :rolleyes:

well, it didnt like how I inserted time.  go to 2:40 and hogg is giving an interview with nbc or some crap and he says he wasnt even at the school when it started.  so what, he just slipped in unnoticed?

Edited by joeblast
  • Thanks 2

a semi automatic baseball bat is better than nothing for many. would you rather have the ball bat, sword, staff, bow, whip, tomahawk. it depends on the individual and some are just not wired/cutout/capable for such action. Even some with guns freeze and fail to perform, about 1/3 I think---even those who are in combat or leo units. And if you're under attack on whatever level of crime, unless you have guards posted closeby, it is common sense to be able to defend yourself,,if you want to add until the proper authorities arrive, that is you, because uttering that would cause me to lose my breakfast.

mfg.png

Edited by zerostao
added whip
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

"Authorities arrested Rev. Al Sharpton’s half-brother and charged him with capital murder in Alabama for shooting and killing a 23-year-old woman over a car dispute, police said."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/27/al-sharpton-half-brother-charged-capital-murder-alabama-allegedly-shooting-woman/

They don't have background checks in Alabama.  Maybe it would have prevented this ya think:mellow:

Or maybe he should let the law handle it. Sounds like anger management issues

Edited by windwalker

Lockdown features with bullet proof doors in schools would potentially limit casualties.  Since there is no way to ever really prevent all of these events, it seems logical to institute.  It would take cash.  We could perhaps divert some of the cash we use to maintain our 19 aircraft carriers in order to accomplish this.

Like we have in so many secure facilities... as soon as the alarm is triggered, each section, corridor and room are locked down providing no way out and no way to move to another area until the system is reset and the situation under control.

If there were any way to improve the prevention aspect of this... I imagine it involving a move back to pre-Reagan mental health system funding levels would be required, in order to re-develop the infrastructure that could provide a place and a system to identify and then isolate the potential harm seekers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Lockdown features with bullet proof doors in schools would potentially limit casualties. 

I  hope you`re wrong and fear you`re right.  Of course we have to do the thing that saves lives (how could we not?) but I`m so discouraged that it`s come to this.  I remember going up to the bank teller as a kid, a real person who was standing behind the counter across from me -- no plexiglass.  Nowadays it`s all bars, walls, and locks.  There`s something so inhuman about it.

The increased mental health services solution seems so much more joyful.  Let`s take care of people so they get help before they start shooting.  Let`s come together as a society and support each other through the rough patches in life.  It`ll take money and commitment.  It seems to me this approach isn`t very popular these days.  When spiritual forums presumably frequented by mature adults often turn into verbal war zones, what chance do our public schools have?  Still, it`s the only truly viable,, truly human, option. 

• Like 1

sorry spooks no easter massacre for you

http://www.lowellsun.com/breakingnews/ci_31760938/texas-man-facing-weapons-charges-after-he-calls

Texas man who allegedly had weapons stockpile in Boston-area hotel says he was on a classified mission

A Texas man who was arrested Sunday after police said they found a weapons stockpile that included an AK-47, AR-15 and bump stock in his hotel room told investigators that he was on a classified government mission, The Lowell Sun reported.

Francho S. Bradley, 59, and Adrianne D. Jennings, 40, were taken into custody after Bradley called police to the hotel room to report that someone was breaking in. Police responded and found the weapons, the report said.

Bradley called the police while away from the room and informed authorities that he had a firearm in his hotel room.

Tewksbury police noticed rifles and said they later found smoke grenades, walkie talkies, cell phones, laptops and dozens of rounds of ammunition. Some of the weapons were reportedly recovered in a nearby vehicle.

Bradley reportedly told investigators about the secret government mission but refused to go into detail. The couple had allegedly driven from Texas to Massachusetts with the weapons.

Police obtained a search warrant for the room and Bradley's vehicle, and ended up finding eight large-capacity guns, including an AK-47, and an AR-15 that was equipped with a bump stock, a grenade launcher, and a silencer, according to a police report.

Officers also found 19 large-capacity magazines for various guns, dozens of rounds of ammunition, laptop computers, cell phones, walkie talkies, tactical vests, and smoke grenades among other items, according to a police report.

bostonbust.jpg

law abiding folks know you dont roll around massachusetts armed like this...in fact they tell you to not even drive through MA with guns, drive around, any potential issues are worth avoiding the state altogether.

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

Punish criminals, not law abiding citizens.

If you commit a crime, you get punished. If you commit a crime with a weapon, you get punished more severely.

I really don't see this as a complicated issue, unless you are planning a coup and need to neuter the populace first.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I  hope you`re wrong and fear you`re right.  Of course we have to do the thing that saves lives (how could we not?) but I`m so discouraged that it`s come to this.  I remember going up to the bank teller as a kid, a real person who was standing behind the counter across from me -- no plexiglass.  Nowadays it`s all bars, walls, and locks.  There`s something so inhuman about it.

The increased mental health services solution seems so much more joyful.  Let`s take care of people so they get help before they start shooting.  Let`s come together as a society and support each other through the rough patches in life.  It`ll take money and commitment.  It seems to me this approach isn`t very popular these days.  When spiritual forums presumably frequented by mature adults often turn into verbal war zones, what chance do our public schools have?  Still, it`s the only truly viable,, truly human, option. 

Reagan's dismantling of federal support for mental health in america is another in his list of a nasty legacy most don't seem to recall... particularly here in LA where we are currently undergoing yet another scandal over mental health and the homeless encampments along the river.

In November 1980, Republican Ronald Reagan overwhelmingly defeated Jimmy Carter, who received less than 42% of the popular vote, for president...

One month prior to the election, President Carter had signed the Mental Health Systems Act, which had proposed to continue the federal community mental health centers program, although with some additional state involvement. Consistent with the report of the Carter Commission, the act also included a provision for federal grants “for projects for the prevention of mental illness and the promotion of positive mental health,” an indication of how little learning had taken place among the Carter Commission members and professionals at NIMH. With President Reagan and the Republicans taking over, the Mental Health Systems Act was discarded before the ink had dried and the CMHC funds were simply block granted to the states. The CMHC program had not only died but been buried as well. An autopsy could have listed the cause of death as naiveté complicated by grandiosity.

President Reagan never understood mental illness. Like Richard Nixon, he was a product of the Southern California culture that associated psychiatry with Communism...

The results of this act are resonating today all across America in my opinion.

Full Source Article

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 2

Well, people dying from drinking polluted water isn't as important as being able to make a pretty image in the news

• Like 1

Saw that.  The end approval came after a very long court battle.

Untraceable projectile.  I don't know if that's a good idea but the court was aware and still approved.

56 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Saw that.  The end approval came after a very long court battle.

Untraceable projectile.  I don't know if that's a good idea but the court was aware and still approved.

Speaking strictly as anarchist to anarchist here; this is an example of how advances in technology will render government obsolete, no?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zerostao said:

Speaking strictly as anarchist to anarchist here; this is an example of how advances in technology will render government obsolete, no?

Good point.  I hadn't considered that.  That could possibly become a trend - governments become useless therefore they are dissolved.  

I saw that shooting down in Florida, the one caught on tape where the provocateur who has a history of accosting people who park in handicap spots got REALLY trigger happy.  He only pulled once, but it was fatally accurate.

Cant be pulling the trigger like that when the guy is stepping away as soon as he sees the weapon, it was like the provocateur decided he was shooting him before he even hit the ground.  If this were not on video, stand your ground might be something that could be used, but this guy wasnt standing his ground, he was starting shit and got shoved to the ground by a guy protecting his girlfriend from some wacko stranger.

A buddy of mine said his weapon shouldnt have even come out unless he was going to use it.  I quite disagreed with that notion - if there's more than an arm's reach in between two people and a gun is drawn, that's usually a quick and easy way to end a conflict - without firing a shot.  (Within arms reach...that's a recipe for shot/stray bullet...)

Misuse like this makes honest, law abiding gun owners look bad.

Letting the guy get away with this would be a travesty - but so would striking down the stand your ground law. 

Here, I think SYG doesnt apply, and this guy should go do some time to think about what the proper use of a firearm is.

• Like 3

joeblast, I was just reading an open carry post of yours on the Doable Anarchy thread.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180727/ninth-circuit-stunner-second-amendment-protects-public-open-carry

I have been a vocal critic of the NRA for years. I used to work for them.

You read that right, z is a vocal critic of the NRA for not being tough enough on protecting our gun rights.

Then, I read the 9th circuit, 9th circuit, 9th circuit does this, and I think hm

baby steps still gets there. Seems like this week was Win Win for the guns.

I won't be downloading any 3d printer stuff-- I am old school, new technology is exciting, I must say, when guys had too many beers and came up with innovative ideas, we all Win---next round's on me

before you open this spoiler ask yourself if you really want to to watch quarter inch lead balls traveling 1200 fps

Spoiler

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

I saw one of those a while back but it was fully automatic.  Can't remember the manufacturer.

This one is NOT fully automatic.

Again before opening the spoiler ask yourself if you'll be fine after watching a soda bottle, plate or watermelon catch some lead.

Spoiler

The above two shotguns are pricey compared to a Remington 870. If a coming Zombie apocalypse concerns you, a Remington 870 provides sufficient peace of mind.

This is a Spiritual site and I would be remiss if I didn't include a few words and moment with the Reverend Ted

Spoiler

Wang Dang

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this