nothing02

Chinese Taoist Sorcery by Min Tzu

16 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

Make sure to protect yourself before you go messing with spirits. Personally, I avoid such things. But it does look like a fun book! :)

Same here. Stay away.

Even I have strong protection. Indian aghoris/wrathful Nepalese buddhas. Anybody mess with me they would grill and eat you alive. But I don't want cause a indo- Chinese nuclear war on a cosmic scale

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, nothing02 said:

I have studied and practiced Chinese magic and Ritual Daoism for years, and some years ago I ordered the kindle version of this, and even at $10.00 it is a total waste of money.  You're not even going to find the type of material in this book that the other two posters are afraid  that you would get into a lot of trouble with, that's how lame it is.

ZYD

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Zhongyongdaoist said:

the other two posters are afraid  that you would get into a lot of trouble with, that's how lame it is.

ZYD

I would be interested what motivates the sorcerer/magician.

Is the power of love and the love of power one and the same?

3 hours ago, Zhongyongdaoist said:

I have studied and practiced Chinese magic and Ritual Daoism for years, and some years ago I ordered the kindle version of this, and even at $10.00 it is a total waste of money.  You're not even going to find the type of material in this book that the other two posters are afraid  that you would get into a lot of trouble with, that's how lame it is.

ZYD

What would you recommend instead? 

• Like 2

Ya know the better you are only makes those who spoke ill of you look foolish....

Life energy is bright and positive its not good to be connected to someone elses suffering as the source of it such a thing will only hurt your life energy because are the source of it.

Live a good life. 

2 hours ago, morning dew said:
5 hours ago, Zhongyongdaoist said:

6 hours ago, nothing02 said:

ZYD

What would you recommend instead? 

Finding another hobby.

Just a little joke to begin with, but seriously, magic is not something one should just fool around with, and few people have a real calling to it, or the necessary personal qualities to pursue it.  In a sense it is rather like studying medicine, in some ways a more apt analogy than it sounds on the surface, some people have a sore toe and having heard that medicine will help enroll in medical school when all they really should do is visit a doctor and have their problem taken care of by a professional.  Why does this person want to buy a book subtitled "the art of getting even"?  I don't know, but basically if they think that they need to get even with someone, they should probably seek out someone who is a practitioner rather than trying to do it themselves.  If they are lucky they will find a true practitioner, someone who can heal the whole situation bringing a true resolution to the matter, if they are not, well, horror stories are written about what happens if they are not.

If someone wants to read about Daoist magic, this site has a lot of good information:

Dr. Wilson Yong, Taoist Secret

and one can get a certain degree of orientation in these matters by reading it.  I  can tell by this material that he has a lot of background and knowledge, however, I haven't read his books, but I am assured by a person familiar with him and his work, whose judgement I greatly respect, that he is both talented and legitimate.

It is also possible to learn a great deal from the work of Professor Jerry Alan Johnson, who has written extensively on the subject, but his work is not oriented to beginners and while of great value is probably not a place for someone to start on these things.  As an authority on medical Qigong his work starts from the position of healing, and his works on Daoist magic are basically an extension of that, which is what real magic should be all about anyway.  You can read about him here:

Temple of the Celestial Cloud

I have reviewed a good book for beginners on Daoist talismanic magic here:

The Tao of Craft by Benebel Wen

I hope this is helpful

ZYD

• Like 5

Thanks, I sort of suspected the book was a crock. It's hard to find any printed info on Taoist magical practices. I'm sure numerous people are engaged in these, but most of the printed sources seem very Western occult-inspired. Jerry Alan Johnson seems like the best source. Too bad all his books are like $5000 each.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nothing02 said:

Too bad all his books are like $5000 each.

Are you sure, $5000? :ph34r:

Around 200, but Yes they are costly. 

And they have so much information in them you hardly know where to start or which exercises that you should focus on. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zhongyongdaoist said:

Why does this person want to buy a book subtitled "the art of getting even"? 

Possibly because this kind of magic constitutes about 90% of all magic practiced in places like Hong Kong?..  We live in an unfair society.  "Getting even" sounds, well, not nice.  But another way to put it is "getting back to the balanced state."  Sounds nicer, eh?  Technically it can be the same thing.  You are wronged.  You can turn the other cheek, will it restore the balance?  Or will it make things a bit more "uneven?"  Alternatively you can slap the cheek of the offender with the same force he applied to yours.  Will it make things a bit more "even?" 

Many in Asia go with the second scenario.  A Chinese friend of mine who traveled to a town in Hong Kong whose name I forget described a whole street of sorcerers (they like clustering specializations, there's streets of mattress makers and streets of computer assemblers and streets of sorcerers).   There's hundreds of clients congregating there all day long in search of revenge.  Employees wronged by bosses give the sorceress (most are female) the name, she writes it in a talismanic script on a piece of yellow paper, puts the paper on the ground, has the wronged party remove one of his shoes and pummels the name with the shoe, screaming and cursing.  That sort of thing.  He said he'd never been anywhere where the noise and screaming were on this level, and he's traveled the world.

So, aside from the general "not nice" idea of the book's premise, what would your objections be to the procedures proposed?  I read it years ago, and remember that I raised an eyebrow on a bunch of the author's ideas and concepts, but couldn't tell at the time if, e.g., his proposed procedure of dedicating a petition to a particular deity has anything wrong with it.  You make offerings on the altar, write a petition, offer money with it (both are subsequently burned, which is also traditional and customary), close the ceremony banishing whatever may have jumped on the bandwagon, don't mess with any of it at night, only do the ceremony in daylight, and so on.  Is anything specifically wrong with this procedure in your opinion?  Or you were referring to the author's ideation rather than techniques?  Or both?

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Zhongyongdaoist said:

Why does this person want to buy a book subtitled "the art of getting even"?  I don't know,

If someone stole your car, would you try to get it back?  Or would you just shrug your shoulders and say "oh well!".   That probably depends on the size your bank account.  But what if they stole all the money out of it?  Then what?  Forgive and forget, right?  Beg someone else for help?  Food?  Clothes?  A place to live?  Or maybe grab a nice little spot for yourself on skidrow and just go ahead and get comfortable with it, I guess?

Yeh, FUCK THAT.  Does that help you at all?  I dont know,

18 hours ago, Zhongyongdaoist said:

Finding another hobby.

Just a little joke to begin with, but seriously, magic is not something one should just fool around with, and few people have a real calling to it, or the necessary personal qualities to pursue it.  In a sense it is rather like studying medicine, in some ways a more apt analogy than it sounds on the surface, some people have a sore toe and having heard that medicine will help enroll in medical school when all they really should do is visit a doctor and have their problem taken care of by a professional.  Why does this person want to buy a book subtitled "the art of getting even"?  I don't know, but basically if they think that they need to get even with someone, they should probably seek out someone who is a practitioner rather than trying to do it themselves.  If they are lucky they will find a true practitioner, someone who can heal the whole situation bringing a true resolution to the matter, if they are not, well, horror stories are written about what happens if they are not.

If someone wants to read about Daoist magic, this site has a lot of good information:

Dr. Wilson Yong, Taoist Secret

and one can get a certain degree of orientation in these matters by reading it.  I  can tell by this material that he has a lot of background and knowledge, however, I haven't read his books, but I am assured by a person familiar with him and his work, whose judgement I greatly respect, that he is both talented and legitimate.

It is also possible to learn a great deal from the work of Professor Jerry Alan Johnson, who has written extensively on the subject, but his work is not oriented to beginners and while of great value is probably not a place for someone to start on these things.  As an authority on medical Qigong his work starts from the position of healing, and his works on Daoist magic are basically an extension of that, which is what real magic should be all about anyway.  You can read about him here:

Temple of the Celestial Cloud

I have reviewed a good book for beginners on Daoist talismanic magic here:

The Tao of Craft by Benebel Wen

I hope this is helpful

ZYD

Thanks. Yes, this post was very helpful. :) 

I'm still going through all the links, but it seems to me Daoist magic is full of working with deities. Is there anything such as Daoist sorcery/witchcraft that doesn't involve religion? Or would that be more Chinese folk magic? Or something else?

Edited by morning dew

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

Many in Asia go with the second scenario.  A Chinese friend of mine who traveled to a town in Hong Kong whose name I forget described a whole street of sorcerers (they like clustering specializations, there's streets of mattress makers and streets of computer assemblers and streets of sorcerers).   There's hundreds of clients congregating there all day long in search of revenge.  Employees wronged by bosses give the sorceress (most are female) the name, she writes it in a talismanic script on a piece of yellow paper, puts the paper on the ground, has the wronged party remove one of his shoes and pummels the name with the shoe, screaming and cursing.  That sort of thing.  He said he'd never been anywhere where the noise and screaming were on this level, and he's traveled the world.

Yikes! :o I'd love to see a video of this. Did your friend film it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, morning dew said:

Thanks. Yes, this post was very helpful. :) 

It seems to me Daoist magic is full of working with deities. Is there anything such as Daoist sorcery/witchcraft that doesn't involve religion? Or would that be more Chinese folk magic? 

The definition of sorcery is based on actually of using spirits/gods to represent the will of sorcerer. 

Sorcery and witchcraft is actually very tight based and explained in terms which I could explain but there is no use of this anyway, as none of you have possibility to practice such things. 

18 minutes ago, morning dew said:

Yikes! :o I'd love to see a video of this. Did your friend film it?

like this....

Explained in English here...

Edited by C T
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, C T said:

like this....

Explained in English here...

These videos are awesome. I'm going to have to get myself one of those slippers. :lol:

• Like 2

Screenshot_20171010-215515.thumb.png.bd8096e48ed3675124dfdfd453cd181c.png

1 hour ago, morning dew said:

These videos are awesome. I'm going to have to get myself one of those slippers. :lol:

scary stuff. Is this legal?

Edited by Gunther
  • Like 1

As with magic in general
Daoist magic depends on spiritual energy. When a daoist have   energy
It is " do nothing and the magic is done ".
I had an old Chinese feng shui two dragons coin . It broke ( it was a breakable metal ) and the day after
Was the Kathmandu earthquake .

3 hours ago, SHINTO said:

As with magic in general
Daoist magic depends on spiritual energy. When a daoist have   energy
It is " do nothing and the magic is done ".
I had an old Chinese feng shui two dragons coin . It broke ( it was a breakable metal ) and the day after
Was the Kathmandu earthquake .

Whatever did they do to you in Kathmandu?..  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Whatever did they do to you in Kathmandu?..  

Nothing. I actually like kathmandu .

34 minutes ago, SHINTO said:

Nothing. I actually like kathmandu .

The coin didn't brake

Kathmandu didn't shake

Only the mind is connects

Edited by Gunther

On 11/9/2017 at 11:05 AM, Taomeow said:

Possibly because this kind of magic constitutes about 90% of all magic practiced in places like Hong Kong?..  We live in an unfair society.  "Getting even" sounds, well, not nice.  But another way to put it is "getting back to the balanced state."  Sounds nicer, eh?  Technically it can be the same thing.  You are wronged.  You can turn the other cheek, will it restore the balance?  Or will it make things a bit more "uneven?"  Alternatively you can slap the cheek of the offender with the same force he applied to yours.  Will it make things a bit more "even?" 

There is no "even", no "more even" and the Dao never has been imbalanced even for a moment. 

Just beings choosing to live compassion or live fear and suffering.  The moment a being wishes ill will or harms to another being they have proven they are no better than whom/whatever they wished harms towards.  All energy of bad intention is merely fear, and in choosing it the universe will reflect it back to that being. 

Digging out of a hole doesn't happen by getting help with better shovels or professional digging advise, it happens when the digging stops and kind merits help the dirt to fall back into the hole. 

Whatever aspect of a being feels they need some aspect of vengeance is merely ego alone working to further separate a being from appreciating it's true Self. 

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

• Like 2