CloudHands

Closing the TheDàoBums.com

Because of the utmost importance of alternating phases and because absence gives value to presence... I propose to close the website 3 days a week !

• Like 2

Works for me!! :lol:

Or... people could just have some self-control and only come in every other day.  ;)

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, CloudHands said:

Because of the utmost importance of alternating phases and because absence gives value to presence... I propose to close the website 3 days a week !

Self control is important too. :)

For those that have struggled, I have banned them for a specified period of time at their request. ;)

• Like 7

Im adding fuel to my visitations only for the express purpose of snatching Rene's leaderboard gold cup, one that she's been clinging on to for too long. Thats the honest truth. :P

• Like 4

What gold cup???

:goes to look:

Ack. I can fix that.

Gimme a minute.

Edit to add:  There. Did that do it? Long live Marblehead!

Edited by rene
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, rene said:

What gold cup???

:goes to look:

Ack. I can fix that.

Gimme a minute.

Edit to add:  There. Did that do it? Long live Marblehead!

this is like something out of Wizzy Ozzy :D

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, C T said:

this is like something out of Wizzy Ozzy :D

I dont know what Wizzy Ozzy is, but I THANK YOU for your post, and encourage everyone to THANK YOU as well. :lol:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, rene said:

I dont know what Wizzy Ozzy is, but I THANK YOU for your post, and encourage everyone to THANK YOU as well. :lol:

wizard of oz, according to a pesky 4 yr old, who insists on nothing else for bedtime reads. :lol:

6 minutes ago, C T said:

wizard of oz, according to a pesky 4 yr old, who insists on nothing else for bedtime reads. :lol:

ah, but would it not be nice to walk that gold brick road...

but not for CT anymore, I remember the bedtime reads, it'll pass mister, and there comes the day that you'll miss them ;)

I remember when my sonny told me: Mum, can i read myself, then I can read more book then when you read aloud. ( nighttime reads where ( mostly) strictly for one quarter of an hour.

and then I felt like...oh, i'm not needed anymore, i'll miss this, the cozy being together, the stepup to rest and night and sleep, the remarks about the day etc.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, blue eyed snake said:

ah, but would it not be nice to walk that gold brick road...

but not for CT anymore, I remember the bedtime reads, it'll pass mister, and there comes the day that you'll miss them ;)

I remember when my sonny told me: Mum, can i read myself, then I can read more book then when you read aloud. ( nighttime reads where ( mostly) strictly for one quarter of an hour.

and then I felt like...oh, i'm not needed anymore, i'll miss this, the cozy being together, the stepup to rest and night and sleep, the remarks about the day etc.

I know exactly what you mean, BES :)

• Like 3

It a proposition I don't expect to be applied. So it's more of a joke :)

Yes about self-control. But self-control is the application of a personal choice. A democratic rule is a choice that apply to everyone to the benefit of everyone (in theory), that's very different and doesn't have the same effects.

• Like 1

media fasting has become a regular occurence for me.  I limit my screen time to short bursts.

Several years ago, I altered what I ate and drank to shift my body health, started in again on Qi Gong and it worked very well.  Then that developed into being more mindful of what I washed my body with and brushed me teeth with to extend benefits.

Finally, I realized that far more impacting and important than either of those for wholeness and real vitality... was what I allowed my mind to ruminate on, what waves of thoughts I chose to surf and what I allowed into my mind through media, books, conversations and interactions.

As it is now, I have no computer my self any longer, I use my son's laptop for this stuff and on his laptop I have only three bookmarks.  Dao Bums, Unexplained Mysteries and Youtube (for music).

The only other sites I end up on, are links I choose to follow through conversations on one of these three sites.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, CloudHands said:

@Kar3n @rene it's interesting to note that each time I bring some reflection here people think about it in term of personal trouble.

Why else would you post the thread if it didn't reflect your perspective? All things, including TDB, are in a dynamic balance...so there's little reason to flip off the lights.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rene said:

Why else would you post the thread if it didn't reflect your perspective? All things, including TDB, are in a dynamic balance...so there's little reason to flip off the lights.

My perspective yes, my personal trouble absolutely not.

Does someone has to be ill to search for a cure ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CloudHands said:

My perspective yes, my personal trouble absolutely not.

Does someone has to be ill to search for a cure ?

If you enact unneeded laws, the criminals will appear

If you find an unneeded cure, its illness will appear

Surely you have that one figured out, yes? :lol:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, rene said:

:lol:

5 minutes ago, rene said:

It's a good one but rather unfair... slow down Rene ;)

Even if I found the initial idea interesting that thread started as a joke and I have no will to enact anything.

That axiom I have figured -thank you- and its limits too. Human kind started genocide even before it was mentioned, diseases happened before cures... remember plague ?

5 minutes ago, CloudHands said:

It's a good one but rather unfair... slow down Rene ;)

Even if I found the initial idea interesting that thread started as a joke and I have no will to enact anything.

That axiom I have figured -thank you- and its limits too. Human kind started genocide even before it was mentioned, diseases happened before cures... remember plague ?

Right! Your examples are horse, cart.

Seeking cure before illness occurs is cart, horse.

It's all good, CloudHands, we know you're just playing a bit.

But I will slow down for you, take all the time you need, TDB isn't going anywhere. ^_^

2 minutes ago, rene said:

Right! Your examples are horse, cart.

Seeking cure before illness occurs is cart, horse.

It's all good, CloudHands, we know you're just playing a bit.

But I will slow down for you, take all the time you need, TDB isn't going anywhere. ^_^

Agreed !

I played a bit then you played me... fair enough ;)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

for Rene, Marble and all other mods, working to keep this site nice

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor gold cup chinese

I have one gold keepsake.  Given to me by a lady.  But my Army duties took me away from her.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I have one gold keepsake.  Given to me by a lady.  But my Army duties took me away from her.

I love talismans of this nature!  Little conveyences of connections and care.  This is an area where my mantra of 'just release it all' doesn't seem to apply in my life yet.

I'm not one for lots of material grabsies... but talismans of this nature, gifts such as these, hold real energetic value.

For in these small things... something of the giver and our connection resonates and thus they are still with me when I hold the gift, or even recall it.

Some attachments are still treasured... I'm not willing, inclined, nor yet see the benefit in releasing all of my attachments yet.

I'm still using some of them to seemingly great benefit. :)  

• Like 4