3bob

what exactly is "God"?

6 hours ago, !nverse said:

Has anyone here experienced the Merkaba light vehicle?

Yes .   But it is just one expression  ... or 'construction'  even ....   of the 'original'   concept of Ezekiel  . , and there are numerous ways to interpret that .   As a vehicle, it was a magical construct , that really, can be easily done away with .  You do not eed such a vehicle to travel in one's 'Body of Light ' .

Also in its practice and construction ( before one gets to the above realisation )  the 'wheels'  do not actually revolve ,  'energy' moves along the 3 circular paths .

Ezekal's descriptions also  seem a vision of the 3 major celestial movements, as apparently observed from earth, with the understanding of 'back then' .

Its also  seen as  'map'  of  the Tarot deck , in a  similar way  ( see the appendix at the end of  the  Hermetic Society of the Golden Dawn's  'Book T ' (on tarot)

• Like 1

Found it, by Jove! As I scrolled to the bottom of the page, the words (in Times New Roman 36pt - prolly) said ""Persistence & Determination". 'Nuff said...

So much to learn, so little time. Thank you once again, Nungali.

Edited by !nverse
Couldn't find it, then did :)

I searched for God among the Christians and on the Cross and therein I found Him not.
I went into the ancient temples of idolatry; no trace of Him was there.
I entered the mountain cave of Hira and then went as far as Qandhar but God I found not.
With set purpose I fared to the summit of Mount Caucasus and found there only 'anqa's habitation.
Then I directed my search to the Kaaba, the resort of old and young; God was not there even.
Turning to philosophy I inquired about him from ibn Sina but found Him not within his range.
I fared then to the scene of the Prophet's experience of a great divine manifestation only a "two bow-lengths' distance from him" but God was not there even in that exalted court.
Finally, I looked into my own heart and there I saw Him; He was nowhere else.
Rumi
  • Like 4

Perhaps a more important question is How does your understanding of God, influence your life? 

From my answer

I'd say it tends to make me less dogmatic and more willing to sit in emptiness, listening, hoping eventually to find the right frequency to get some insight. 

Also it  pushes me to say 'Yes' to more of life, be more open to intuition.. play more, think less. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, lifeforce said:
I searched for God among the Christians and on the Cross and therein I found Him not.
I went into the ancient temples of idolatry; no trace of Him was there.
I entered the mountain cave of Hira and then went as far as Qandhar but God I found not.
With set purpose I fared to the summit of Mount Caucasus and found there only 'anqa's habitation.
Then I directed my search to the Kaaba, the resort of old and young; God was not there even.
Turning to philosophy I inquired about him from ibn Sina but found Him not within his range.
I fared then to the scene of the Prophet's experience of a great divine manifestation only a "two bow-lengths' distance from him" but God was not there even in that exalted court.
Finally, I looked into my own heart and there I saw Him; He was nowhere else.
Rumi

Ahhhh .... thats why I love Rumi !         especially  when he does things like he just did with the significance of those last 4 words !

• Like 3

God is a western conceptual idea that can be traced all the way back to ancient greek philosophy with great accuracy.

Beyond concept & philosophy there is an experiential God experience, I'm thinking satori, accompanied by a deep feeling of Oneness. 

The Germanic Gott and the English God come from another Indo-European root, Go, which surprisingly means "the bull".

p. 49, Gods of Love and Ecstasy: The Traditions of Shiva and Dionysus by Alain Danielou.

In the god-list An:Anum (53), the title of balang servant-gods was written with the logogram GUD.BALAĜ, where GUD is the logogram for the bull.
From bull to god was a small gap to jump in Mesopotamian culture: anthropomorphic gods carried horns on their headgear, betraying an original bovine nature. According to the ritual, it happened by way of the death of the bull. It was important that it was not a working animal, not touched by goad or stick in the ritual, even less touched by civilization in the OB version of the oratorio Uru’amma’irabi an undomesticated aurochs bull.

Balang-gods were given the title GUD.BALAĜ in An:Anum, a term translated as mumtalku ‘the one with whom one takes counsel, confidant’ in KAV 64 II 17. The same function was expressed in Sumerian with the title ad-gi4-gi4, literally ‘sound repeating’, in conventional translation ‘adviser’, or as we might say ‘sounding board’.
Gabbay (PHG:103–109) pointed out that the designation GUD.BALAĜ is restricted to An:Anum, not attested as Sumerian word, and probably a logogram of ad-gi4-gi4 ‘adviser’.
“(Sumerian) Harpist (= Akkadian) seer, BALAĜ = lyre.” [62]
The conventional transliteration of the word for lyre is gi-na-ru12-um. The sign GI was used to write /ki/ elsewhere in Ebla texts, and the Hebrew word, kinnōr begins with /k/. The word na-ṭi3-lu-um has been understood to mean ‘to raise one’s voice’. [63] In Akkadian, it means ‘to raise one’s eyes, observe’, and at Mari is also as substantive, ‘observer’. An observer (igi-du8) working with the balang instrument, used to control weather-storms, is attested in Ur III texts (29, cf. Section 3c2).
The Sumerian expression “its porch of the balang was a princely sounding bull (21)” may refer to the fact that the cover of the soundbox was a bull hide rather than to the actual cattle-like sound.

wolfgang heimpel on sumeria

To see this we will consider two Sumerian hymns to the Moon-god, Nanna-Suen, that were studied by my teacher Professor Wolfgang Heimpel in the Festschrift for Ake Sjoberg, where the stars are referred to as cows and cattle, living in heavenly cattle pens.“

Allah is to put the tongue against the roof of the mouth, thereby connecting the front and back channels.

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

Beyond concept & philosophy there is an experiential God experience, I'm thinking satori, accompanied by a deep feeling of Oneness. 

There is a variety of trance-like mental states and psychedelic experiences and they are experienced all over the world in different cultures.

To attribute those experiences to God requires a specific philosophical background.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Michael Sternbach said:

What is God?

The Zero at the centre.

You speak only of the Hole-In-Oneness...

And now let us take a Moment-Of-Silence...

2 minutes ago, Michael Sternbach said:

That's a tricky one. For in infinite space, the centre I mentioned is everywhere. :D

needs more wow...

less flutter...

12 hours ago, Daemon said:

Bump for the enigmatic and remarkably silent @Nungali.

☮️

That God is nowhere else other than as conceived or held by the projections of men . 

OR

God created Man ... but Man also created God .

Or   'God' is the deified projection of the local socio-cultural collective superego of mores and taboos.

Or  God is a love affair you have with your own higher aspects .

Or ....    Sufism has to be understood as  a 'Bhakti approach'     

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 9th said:

You speak only of the Hole-In-Oneness...

And now let us take a Moment-Of-Silence...

Nuit ;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdX3gB0YYD2ya_UDf7VBK

Hadit

Baked-Apple-Cider-Donut-Holes-4.jpg

RaHoorKhuit

Spoiler

Bend-Oregon-Donuts-Webres-9-SMALL.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daemon said:

Thank you. I had a sense that you'd misunderstood.

☮️

Perhaps you could enlighten me with your own misunderstandings  about it  ?

در راه طلب عاقل و دیوانه یکی است    

B)

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 2

ای روز برا که ذره ها رقص کنند
آن کس که از او چرخ و هوا رقص کنند
جانها ز خوشی بی سر و پا رقص کنند
در گوش تو گویم که کجا رقص کنند
هر ذره که در هوا یا در هامون است
نیکو نگرش که همچو ما مفتون است
هر ذره اگر خوش است اگر محذون است
سرگشته خورشید خوش بی چون است