Mostly statistical evidence

Glenn Morris (KAP) died age 62

Wang Xiang Zhai (founder of yiquan/da cheng chuan) died age 78

Yang Chengfu (yang tai chi) died age 53

Swami Vishnudevananda (sivananda yoga) died age 66

Yao Zongxun died 67

etc...

• Like 1

So,  some dudes, while being good at internal arts, still lives relatively short lifes. Not exactly how you formulated it. 

Granny and grandpa both died at 93, didn't practice any internal art. 

Hard to reach a conclusion here, not enough data. 

13 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

So,  some dudes, while being good at internal arts, still lives relatively short lifes. Not exactly how you formulated it. 

Granny and grandpa both died at 93, didn't practice any internal art. 

Hard to reach a conclusion here, not enough data. 

The conclusion here is that MCO meditation doesn't prolong life.

2 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

There's not a single soul on this planet who succeeded extending his lifespan using the MCO method.

But I guess we could talk of spiritual worlds and inter-stellar magic bodies....

"Doesnt exist"

"The" as if there's but one

I guess we could talk of absolute statements and actual confidence factor or statistical applicability..

a link for you, sir

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/coherent?s=t

I guess what I like about helping teach here and there is that the audience will actually go investigate my words and ascertain for themselves once they realize the fruit - but in other places such as here - everyone already knows, they're oh so confident that they know, and they'll write it o'plenty.  It doesnt matter if you disagree with them - because they already know.  You can write things beyond their experience, but they'll disagree, because they already are soooooo confident that they know what the real deal is, that they'll refuse to even consider your words...

Ah, the essence of casting pearls before swine.  This is why I've only shared this in PM with a couple folks here. 

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

There's not a single soul on this planet who succeeded extending his lifespan using the MCO method.

But I guess we could talk of spiritual worlds and inter-stellar magic bodies....

Dear Cat,

Allow me to point out your extreme confidence on the matter.

To quote a saying "extra ordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

If you wrote.. if you used the world.. most likely... that would be more acceptable logically.

However, it is hard to believe you had time to examine all souls on Earth to make absolute claims.

If you made extensive research, and that proved to you... you should say so.

So even then several question remains...

1. Maybe mco in itself is not sufficient for longer life but could be necessary. One needs to pay to attention to other factors as well which may influence the length of life. Maybe some other factors can neutralize the effect of mco.

2. Maybe there are masters who do mco better.

Ok.. Maybe you are right... I cannot see you presented sufficient evidence to exclude 1 and 2.

On 11/3/2017 at 7:18 AM, joeblast said:

I'd be hijacking the thread if I did it here, but I will pm you since you are interested.  :)

however, if one understood certain symbolism, then they'd already know from my first post in the thread ;)

Start a new thread then, as I'd be interested to hear to! B)

And so what exactly was your experience of it opening?

10 minutes ago, gendao said:

Start a new thread then, as I'd be interested to hear to! B)

And so what exactly was your experience of it opening?

If you're truly interested, PM me.  I'm not up for opening this to a gaggle of nonsensical criticism to field by folks who have some attachment to saying a certain way of practicing this is useless.  (or that practicing it in any way shape or form, period, is useless.)

I'll say this much, the "methods" espoused in chias or ymaa's material were in fact rather impotent, but what I derived made a grapefruit sized ball of qi shining like the sun slowly rise up my back and ping various points in a waterfall fashion down the front - to give an abridged annotation.  Stirring a bathtub of water with one's pinky vs stirring it with a shovel, as it were.

(I'm as confident in this as I am in all of my various breathwork writings, it is that unequivocal,)

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

Sure, and by definition all these exist in your own mind only

5 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

The conclusion here is that MCO meditation doesn't prolong life.

Some wealth and health millionaires die soon, yes! Makes sense.  Nothing that the DDJ doesn't explain...

On the other hand some people wise up after a lifetime of excesseses, like T.T. Liang who only started his tai chi practice at 45 having his health almost totally ruined and lived to be 102. You shouldn't generalize Cheshire Cat. 

13 hours ago, joeblast said:

"(...)

Ah, the essence of casting pearls before swine.  This is why I've only shared this in PM with a couple folks here. 

I'm confident because I wasted my life chasing those dreams.

It feels safe to think that your experience is beyond anyone's else and that if I don't agree it's because I don't understand.

Oink oink

13 hours ago, centertime said:

Dear Cat,

Allow me to point out your extreme confidence on the matter.

To quote a saying "extra ordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

No, I claim that eating finger nails prolongs life and creates spiritual bodies.

If you disagree, it's just that you don't understand. I'm sure that you'll fail in showing  evidence that eating fingernails doesn't extend life.

Edited by Cheshire Cat
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, oak said:

Some wealth and health millionaires die soon, yes! Makes sense.  Nothing that the DDJ doesn't explain...

On the other hand some people wise up after a lifetime of excesseses, like T.T. Liang who only started his tai chi practice at 45 having his health almost totally ruined and lived to be 102. You shouldn't generalize Cheshire Cat. 

Hehe taichi is another one. I could say something, but I have enough enemies for today. :-D

You might be right. 

Maybe none of these methods prolong life. Although there are some evidence that taiji (simplified) is good for your health. 

You just haven't been able to prove your point, so at this time it is your opinion. 

47 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:
47 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

You just haven't been able to prove your point, so at this time it is your opinion. 

It's a bit like cross word puzzle. There is often more than one solution but as you go on things can get rather complicated 😀😀

Instead of getting easier, simpler, and even disappearing into thin air

2 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

(..)

The object of discussion is a fancy mental exercise.

According to your logic, I have to prove that it doesn't work ... otherwise it does.

It's like saying: "Hey, it's just your opinion that The Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't exist."

I would rather say that the reality is that its effect doesn't go beyond physical sensations, unless you're able to prove otherwise.

The truth is that people crave something extraordinary, and to feel tingling sensations is "magical" enough to attach oneself to this practice.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, oak said:

T.T. Liang who only started his tai chi practice at 45 having his health almost totally ruined and lived to be 102.

's that true? wow, then there's still hope for me :D

and the original poster asked just about waht people experience whem the MCO opens, now the discussion is derailing into a discussion about whether an opened MCO leads to immortality (or a prolonged life)

just saying

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cheshire Cat said:

The truth is that people crave something extraordinary, and to feel tingling sensations is "magical" enough to attach oneself to this practice.

sorry to disappoint you. I've never craved something extraordinary, I started chigung just because I'm ill and wanted my health back.

then strange (extraordinary) things just started to happen, totally unexpected.  But I did not like that. At that time I'd rather be a normal women without all these thingies. Now I've accepted it for what it is. Nothing more.

maybe it's time to move on and agree to disagree 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

The object of discussion is a fancy mental exercise.

According to your logic, I have to prove that it doesn't work ... otherwise it does.

No,  that is not my logic. Actually, my logic strikes both ways. 

If you say it doesn’t prolong life, you would have to add some proof otherwise it is just your opinion. 

If someone else states it does prolong life,  that person would also have to add some proof or that is also just an opinion. 

What most can say about it is that you can have interesting experiences that you connect with your notion of the MCO, which technically is a statement that is none of the above. 

I am a believer in the entire family of pasta monsters, if that is helpful :)

So the last part of your post is in agreement with my logic. 

Edited by Mudfoot
Added sentence

4 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

's that true? wow, then there's still hope for me :D

Well, the guy was with pneumonia, syphilis, gonorreha and a dysfunctioning liver and got out of it. If you want to read a sample of his biography https://books.google.pt/books?id=dEQNQrBe_7QC&pg=PA35&dq=TT+Liang&hl=pt-PT&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdtYKKqMPXAhXEOhQKHQDVCtUQ6AEIPTAD#v=onepage&q=TT Liang&f=false

I consider T.T. Liang as someone far from being a saint but as you pointed out, a very inspirational person for those who start late. You may like this youtube video too

I'm not here to defend MCO practices but can say that I've experienced it some years ago for some time. That flow of energy throughout the body releaved me many times of all kinds of physical disconfort such us pains and extreme exaustion. Does it prolongue your lifespan? Well, health depends of too many factors, including karmic ones.

• Like 4

Would be interested in the connection between MCO and saliva.. 

For those who opened MCO, did your saliva-production increase before you opened it? Was is still increasing when it opened? And did your saliva taste sweet then? Just wanna get clear about some of this points.. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

I'm confident because I wasted my life chasing those dreams.

It feels safe to think that your experience is beyond anyone's else and that if I don't agree it's because I don't understand.

Oink oink

Yeah, but this is just the same as Awaken telling me that since she wasted 20 years on breathwork, that its really not a useful technique and its a waste of time to focus on, and then she was insulted when I described things well beyond what her breathwork experience was and (she) said I'm not going to waste my time addressing this.

Do you realize that you are introducing a strawman argument by making this conversation specific to simply prolonging life?

http://www.yourlogicalfallacyis.com

I have to admit that I would not think very highly of mco either, had I not discovered what I did.  But then by saying things like this, I'm giving the impression that I'm patting myself on the back for being clever - I'm just saying it plainly and straightforwardly.  Years ago I posted a shell of a description and nobody understood it, and it took me a while to bother detailing every step of the process.  The way some act is the reason I wont just post it *shrugs* but I'll always be thankful to Lin for encouraging me in the process of discovery, because that led me to focus on it more than I might otherwise have.

For those of you who have messaged me, I will get this done soon - I have some formatting corrections to make, and I'd also like to add just a bit more on some prerequisite.

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, joeblast said:

I have to admit that I would not think very highly of mco either, had I not discovered what I did.  Years ago I posted a shell of a description and nobody understood it, and it took me a while to bother detailing every step of the process.  The way some act is the reason I wont just post it *shrugs* but I'll always be thankful to Lin for encouraging me in the process of discovery, because that led me to focus on it more than I might otherwise have.

Could you please state what you discovered and give the link to that post?

Is Lin Master Chunyi Lin?

12 minutes ago, KuroShiro said:

Could you please state what you discovered and give the link to that post?

Is Lin Master Chunyi Lin?

PM me and I'll share it.

Not chunyi lin, his method is superficial too.

Lin used to be a taobum member long time ago, some will remember him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phil said:

Would be interested in the connection between MCO and saliva.. 

For those who opened MCO, did your saliva-production increase before you opened it? Was is still increasing when it opened? And did your saliva taste sweet then? Just wanna get clear about some of this points.. 

I do not remember the before, but during and after it opened saliva-production indeed went way up and was sweet. Now when i get it to flow sweet saliva starts flowing. I think that started when it opened but I'm not sure about that.

Btw, i never did any MCO-work, whatever that is. The body was ready so it opened, at least, thats how I see it. As I said, even though I'm sure Sifu knows the theories, he does not talk about the.

just train, daily, and with a good intent

• Like 3