wenwu

MCO have you opened it, how did you know

Just that, Have you opened your MCO and how did you know

was it a sudden change or something that developed in intensity over months/years

• Like 1

https://www.amazon.com/Tao-Longevity-Transformation-Huai-Chin-Nan/dp/087728542X

After the river chariot begins to rotate and ch'i circulates in the eight extra meridians for a certain time, at an optimum stage ch'i will automatically cease to rotate. The ch'i does not rotate because of its fullness. The body will gradually feel light, clear, warm and soft and one will reach the state of "forgetting the body and emptiness of self." Only at this time will one suddenly introspect and recognize the roundness and illumination of the origin of nature and life. One can actually separate from and unite with the later heaven body, which has shape and form, and then combine this original nature once again with this later heaven body (or furnace), and mind (or cauldron) to continue cultivation. In this way one can either separate or unite with this body and mind and thus build a solid foundation for the cultivation of Tao. At this stage one can genuinely claim to have the initial fruit.

Very few can achieve genuine rotation of the river chariot and circulate ch'i among the eight extra meridians. Even fewer really understand the stage of separation and unification of body, mind and the origin of Nature. Therefore, even if one sincerely wants to teach this, a student with the ability to receive this supreme instruction is rare. After this stage, a person goes beyond earthly things and enters into the metaphysical realm. Even if a teacher wished to describe this in detail, a student with the wisdom and experience to receive these instructions beyond the realm of the human world would be exceptional.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

JIC, the numbers in this pic are the years of human lifespan, so...

and they have nothing to do with the mco practice, but just the hexagram set wasnt coming up readily in my image search, and I wasnt going to endlessly peruse.

my first iterations of description werent understood by anyone...well, a person, maybe two or three tops.  Lin was jumping up and down and clapping like a schoolgirl when I finally had a chance to explain it to him in person.  its good at this point to have had some feedback on this method from a few people - descriptors such as "game changer" and "the difference is night and day" were common ;)

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 3

Increase is adding what is lacking. As for the qualities of the hexagram, above is wind, entering, and below is thunderactive. Acting so as to enter gradually, entering without either rushing or lagging, it is therefore called increase.

This hexagram represents using reduction in the midst of increase; it follows on the previous hexagram liberation. In liberation, the yang energy is active and gets out of danger, gradually growing and maturing, adding good that is lacking. However, to increase good is not possible without reducing what is not good. Increasing good and decreasing what is not good, increasing and increasing again, reducing and reducing again, until there is no more increase or decrease possible, finally reaching the state of utter good without evil, one is then done. Therefore "it is beneficial to go somewhere."

Since beginningless time people have accumulated faults and defects, the seeds of habitual compulsion growing deeper as time goes on; now if they want to do something of benefit to essence and life, they cannot accomplish this unless they first extract the seeds of these compulsive habits. But the seeds of habitual compulsions cannot be removed all at once; there are processes, procedures. This does not admit falsehood—it requires orderly progress, putting forth effort at every step, increasing the mind of Tao, decreasing the human mentality, increasing sane energy, decreasing aberrated energy. Only when there is such reduction within increase is it possible to succeed, to make it "beneficial to go somewhere."

The benefit is simply in one's practice producing beneficial phenomena. But to practice what is beneficial, it is important to have a beginning and a conclusion. If there is a beginning but no conclusion, one's acts are still of no benefit—there is no gain, but loss. Therefore the way of gain and beneficial action lies in concentrated will, making thoroughly dedicated effort, made from within difficulty and hardship. Only when one has dissolved the seeds of compulsive habit of time immemorial will one be able to restore one's original being. Therefore it is also "beneficial to cross great rivers."

"Great rivers" are extremely dangerous; there one's life hangs in the balance. If one can go through extremely dangerous places, then wherever there is no danger one is at an advantage. According to the qualities of the hexagram, acting so as to progress harmoniously, gradually applying effort, without rushing or lagging, this is the path of increasing and decreasing
according to the time.

5th yang: When there is truthfulness and a benevolent heart, there is no need to ask—it is very auspicious. Truthfulness and benevolence are charismatic qualities in oneself.

When positive strength is correctly balanced, the great Way is completed, and one is integrated with the celestial design, it can be trusted that the benevolent heart is therein, and there is the auspicious good fortune of fundamental goodness. The benevolent heart is the innately good heart. When the innately good heart is always present, one looks upon myriad things as one body, and sees others and self as one family. Then each word, each action, is beneficial to the world. The mind of a person of the Tao also can be trusted to have the charismatic quality of benevolence. Once one has a benevolent heart, one also has the charismatic power of benevolence.

It is like the wind blowing on things—all fly up. This represents those with status aiding and benefiting people without borrowing the power of others.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joeblast said:

jumping up and down and clapping like a schoolgirl  ;)

thats funny... I had the exact same feeling when I was getting ready to make lunch this afternoon

lunch.thumb.jpg.57615d6caebda00ffe7f57f5e0d1f3a1.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, wenwu said:

was it a sudden change or something that developed in intensity over months/years

Haven't seen this question asked in a while. :)

What's happening with your MCO? 

• Like 1

If you have opened it, the light of Nature should manifest ie. you should see a light like moonlight; as certain things are happening to your brain. This signifies the sublimation of shen the result from you feeding jing into the cycle.

You then bring shen into the LD into the house of serenity and bring purified qi in to create the immortal seed.

Edited by Emera
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2017 at 9:33 AM, rainbowvein said:

Haven't seen this question asked in a while. :)

What's happening with your MCO? 

Hi there

Thank you for the question. It is a bit of a story but the short version is.....

a while back I was studying in China. While there at different time i had various experiences, usually i don't really talk about these any more than just saying 'i have felt things' but since it seems to be relevant these include:

- flashes of light through normal working day i.e. not during practice

- tingling and warm sensations while practice that i could direct and match with my breath

- glow round my hands

- a bolt of energy going down both my arms while visualizing fighting/sparring. not so much like electricity but more 'substantial' more like a quick blast of  warm water .

I am more than willing to accept that these are just normal manifestations of an only physical nature... anyway

for a time i stopped  standing practice but would regularly do mediation and breath practice while lying down. This kept my hand in but is not as deep as i was before and not as involved as standing practice.

I have recently returned to the practice of standing meditation and it has woken some old feelings like above, which prompted the question.

Edited by wenwu
  • Like 5

The MCO - Ren/Du will initially be felt with relative clarity when it begins to circulate but it will be very fine. It is not necessary to do anything or direct anything. If you are doing regular and frequent Qi Gong practice it will appear when you are ready.

In my case when it became prominent it was in conjunction with all sorts of large energetic changes - expansions etc.

The MCO became very strong and quite large - the energy channel grew to at least an oval with an expanse (thickness of the channel) of 8+ inches and at one point the energy from that channel sprayed out several feet. I walked around with this for days (weeks) and it was something that at any point if I put my attention on it it became very intense.

At another point it drew in and condensed into a channel that was very small but hundreds of time more intense and I had a metallic sense throughout my body - it was astounding. 

The sensation in general is that of a large strong magnetic field - a gyroscope in magnetic form - practice of Qi Gong naturally becomes very very slow and intense - the energies are beyond words as the fields become tubular and then merge.

I have been searching for a blow by blow account written during the time of this happening and if I find it I will post it here. I have tried to keep a reasonably decent record of what has been happening - at one point I quit writing publicly because I tired of hearing "beyond words" and "astounding" coming out in my writings. 

The massive energetic changes have continued sustained for years now and do not let up - meaning that they are sustained and that new unfolding energetic changes are taking place daily and weekly and monthly of rediculous levels each greater than the previous.

Inner work is constant - reward is constant - gratitude is constant - it is everything imaginable and far far more (though it is far more in embodiment and richly dense all the while in a lightness of being - the imagination at least in the words of most writings lends one to imagine the ethereal- the ethereal in this is now the absolutely non-ethereal while bodies and cars and buildings and such become the more ethereal).

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 9

14 hours ago, Spotless said:

The MCO - Ren/Du will initially be felt with relative clarity when it begins to circulate but it will be very fine. It is not necessary to do anything or direct anything. If you are doing regular and frequent Qi Gong practice it will appear when you are ready.

In my case when it became prominent it was in conjunction with all sorts of large energetic changes - expansions etc.

The MCO became very strong and quite large - the energy channel grew to at least an oval with an expanse (thickness of the channel) of 8+ inches and at one point the energy from that channel sprayed out several feet. I walked around with this for days (weeks) and it was something that at any point if I put my attention on it it became very intense.

At another point it drew in and condensed into a channel that was very small but hundreds of time more intense and I had a metallic sense throughout my body - it was astounding. 

The sensation in general is that of a large strong magnetic field - a gyroscope in magnetic form - practice of Qi Gong naturally becomes very very slow and intense - the energies are beyond words as the fields become tubular and then merge.

I have been searching for a blow by blow account written during the time of this happening and if I find it I will post it here. I have tried to keep a reasonably decent record of what has been happening - at one point I quit writing publicly because I tired of hearing "beyond words" and "astounding" coming out in my writings. 

The massive energetic changes have continued sustained for years now and do not let up - meaning that they are sustained and that new unfolding energetic changes are taking place daily and weekly and monthly of rediculous levels each greater than the previous.

Inner work is constant - reward is constant - gratitude is constant - it is everything imaginable and far far more (though it is far more in embodiment and richly dense all the while in a lightness of being - the imagination at least in the words of most writings lends one to imagine the ethereal- the ethereal in this is now the absolutely non-ethereal while bodies and cars and buildings and such become the more ethereal).

Great!  What is your practice curriculum?

On 10/31/2017 at 3:02 PM, joeblast said:

and they have nothing to do with the mco practice, but just the hexagram set wasnt coming up readily in my image search, and I wasnt going to endlessly peruse.

my first iterations of description werent understood by anyone...well, a person, maybe two or three tops.  Lin was jumping up and down and clapping like a schoolgirl when I finally had a chance to explain it to him in person.  its good at this point to have had some feedback on this method from a few people - descriptors such as "game changer" and "the difference is night and day" were common ;)

Hi JB, Would you like to share your MCO method right here?

• Like 1

If you would like to get a feeling of what this energy feels like as a constant purchase the following item and it will give you a good idea of what the feeling is in part like. 

https://www.amazon.com/Powerball-Gyroscope-Exerciser-Forearms-Strengthener/dp/B071DM1T1S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1509684398&sr=8-3&keywords=gyroscope+wrist+exerciser

It is an inexpensive gyroscope wrist exerciser - it is very similar in feel but without the wobble and no effort to contain it.

It is much better than trying to describe it in words. 

The actual feeling is much more powerful but this will give you an idea of the more visceral energetic feeling.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jox said:

Great!  What is your practice curriculum?

4-7 days a week of Qi Gong for over 5 years with 40 years of energy arts prior - lots of cushion time.

I teach Qi Gong now as well as continue as a student of Grand Master Shi Yong Yao.

• Like 3

On 11/2/2017 at 8:34 PM, Jox said:

Hi JB, Would you like to share your MCO method right here?

I'd be hijacking the thread if I did it here, but I will pm you since you are interested.  :)

however, if one understood certain symbolism, then they'd already know from my first post in the thread ;)

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2

fragrances....yet another thing unlocked by longevity breathing and transforming of the neural resonant modes...

• Like 4

Rule #1: If it flows with MCO practice, it is open... here is a spoiler: It is always open.

Rule#2: If you feel it flow without MCO practice... maybe you missed the #1 spoiler.

Just to be more serious to the topic... the MCO will open stuff that can stay open for good.  It may depend on whether you continue with practices that continue energy work to some degree... as part of what opens is awareness/knowing/sensing.  When the latter opens, you can shift to that.

• Like 1

On 31/10/2017 at 8:24 AM, wenwu said:

MCO doesn't exist.

It's a philosophical idea wrongfully applied to a meditation exercise: people play with tingling sensations and think that they're achieving something.

The best result you can get is some physical relaxation and stress reduction.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2017 at 8:24 AM, wenwu said:

oh well, I'll share

when I started qigung my sole interest was to improve my physical condition, I was ( and am) ill, quite ill. Sifu warned me beforehand, when you start to do this training you will walk the spiritual path, whether you want it or not. I did not think much of any spiritual path, newagey floating away flowerchildren, let them be. So I shrugged it of and started training, an hour daily, once a week in the dojo.

Sifu is the sort of guy who does not tell you anything, just train and anything will happen all of it self, the answers on questions will arise when you're ready.

So, after half a year I began to get what he meant by the spiritual path....it was hard, but I was firmly decided to follow this, both for health and for that spiritual part ( gosh, how I dislike that word ' spiritual' )

after half a year Sifu suggested to me that next time i train I could try to keep the tongue to the palate, just search a little he told me, there is one special spot...

so I did, the effect was that in the small heavenly circulation something like a wild river started flowing. The effect of an empty stream all of a sudden filled with a lot of water, I was shocked, like wow what's happening... for the record, i had never heard about the MCO before, did not know that such things could happen, still took the whole energetic thing with a bit of salt, still a bit the ' unbeliever'.

The strong feeling kept up for about two hours, then it abated.

since then there is a sort of awareness that it is flowing, when training that feeling becomes stronger.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor stream

I've changed some since that time...

love BES

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

MCO doesn't exist.

It's a philosophical idea wrongfully applied to a meditation exercise: people play with tingling sensations and think that they're achieving something.

The best result you can get is some physical relaxation and stress reduction.

clearly doesnt understand the hexagram pattern posted above

you've heard the term firing process before, yes?  well, there's not just one

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joeblast said:

clearly doesnt understand the hexagram pattern posted above

you've heard the term firing process before, yes?  well, there's not just one

There's not a single soul on this planet who succeeded extending his lifespan using the MCO method.

But I guess we could talk of spiritual worlds and inter-stellar magic bodies....