Aletheia

What is meant by "heart"?

I have seen the heart associated with the MDT, the kidneys, shen and something above the head too.

I was just reading this -

Movement produces Yang-Qi. Stillness produces Yin-Qi. The yang breath descends from the Heart or the brain and the yin breath rises upwards from the Kidneys.

http://www.internalartsinternational.com/free/daoist-meditation-lesson-seven-theory-the-three-treasures-and-the-circulation-of-water-and-fire/

I literally have no clue what people are talking about when they say "heart"!

Xin =heart /mind. 

Shen,  spirit, rests in the Heart at night, but goes into your brain during the day. 

And then you can make this very complicated, all things pertaining TCM and Nei Dan gets more complicated. 

I'm positive a more complex version will be posted soon. :)

• Like 3

Best thing to do is practice with diligence over many years following a method that suits your nature and find out what the Heart really is.

Good luck :)

• Like 4

Are you speaking of the "heart" as in acupuncture or the heart spoken of within meditation circles?

They are not necessarily different but the answers from an acupuncturist might be very far removed from that of a deep meditator and Realized master.

Gerard's comment was clear and excellent - and you will transcend many times what you attempt to settle on regarding - what is meant by the "heart"?

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Spotless said:

Are you speaking of the "heart" as in acupuncture or the heart spoken of within meditation circles?

Probably both, I'm not sure because I don't know the difference. I'm not very well read with these things.

Before I opened the 3rd eye I read a Lomax post where he said it's important to have opened the heart prior to opening the 3rd eye. My MDT is open, but I don't feel it as prominently as the LDT or UDT, so I have that on my mind.

But while I do moving of yin and yang when my hands move through the torso region, on the way up, there's a strong magnetic force in the area emanating from the heart like an energy well which I feel from just above the LDT and finishing at about my chin. The energies are different lower and above those areas and with the hand going downwards on the outside. Lower there's heat energy and above it's static laser-like cobwebs coming out my head attaching to my fingers, and of course all the energies mix together too.

Then I read things like the heart is in the head! So I have no idea what anyone is talking about and I would just go and find a teacher, but I'm a bit suspicious most people are not at my energetic level. I went to my local kundalini school and the place was like an energy void. They've got some economic program going pumping out kundalini teachers every 3 months!

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Aletheia said:

Probably both, I'm not sure because I don't know the difference. I'm not very well read with these things.

Before I opened the 3rd eye I read a Lomax post where he said it's important to have opened the heart prior to opening the 3rd eye. My MDT is open, but I don't feel it as prominently as the LDT or UDT, so I have that on my mind.

But while I do moving of yin and yang when my hands move through the torso region, on the way up, there's a strong magnetic force in the area emanating from the heart like an energy well which I feel from just above the LDT and finishing at about my chin. The energies are different lower and above those areas and with the hand going downwards on the outside. Lower there's heat energy and above it's static laser-like cobwebs coming out my head attaching to my fingers, and of course all the energies mix together too.

Then I read things like the heart is in the head! So I have no idea what anyone is talking about and I would just go and find a teacher, but I'm a bit suspicious most people are not at my energetic level. I went to my local kundalini school and the place was like an energy void. They've got some economic program going pumping out kundalini teachers every 3 months!

Generally the "hearts" are in the region from the solar plexus to below the throat - that is - the chest.

From there the debate expands.....

There is the MDT, the Heart Chakra, the Physical Heart, the heart to the right side of the chest (this is more typically the esoteric heart of higher levels) and then a sort of heart in even more esoteric levels in the center of the head or higher crown mix.

THese (all of them) will emerge not really from energetic work per se but from what I would refer to as "intentional suffering" meaning intentional inner work on ones dealing with self indulgent grasping identified me-ness.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

The physical energetic manifestations of the emergence of heart will in all chest area cases be accompanied by a warm sensation - generally fairly wide in radiation from whichever center.

In the head region it will be something for you to behold when you get "there" - physical manifestations would include exquisite golden light.

• Like 3

In another post I said my forearms were magnetic which I could feel as they passed each other, but I realised that the energy is actually coming from the heart. I can feel it more clearly now.

Anyway, I'll start doing more seated meditations too because I've mainly been doing MYY recently.

The heart, like the brain, generates a powerful electromagnetic field, McCraty explains in The Energetic Heart. “The heart generates the largest electromagnetic field in the body. The electrical field as measured in an electrocardiogram (ECG) is about 60 times greater in amplitude than the brain waves recorded in an electroencephalogram (EEG).”

HeartMath studies show this powerful electromagnetic field can be detected and measured several feet away from a person’s body and between two individuals in close proximity.

In the HeartMath study, The Electricity of Touch: Detection and Measurement of Cardiac Energy Exchange Between People, researchers set out to determine whether the heart’s electromagnetic field, as measured by an electrocardiogram (ECG), in one individual could be detected and measured in another person when the pair either were seated within about three feet of each other or held hands.

The results of The Electricity of Touch experiment were positive: The data showed “when people touch or are in proximity, a transference of the electromagnetic energy produced by the heart occurs,” the study’s authors wrote.

They observed that although additional research should be conducted, there were potential important implications raised by this research when viewed in conjunction with the success of numerous healing modalities.

Practices such as therapeutic touch, holoenergetic healing, healing touch, chi gong and reiki among others “are based upon the assumption that an exchange of energy occurs to facilitate healing,” according to the findings. “While there exists scientific evidence to substantiate the physiological and psychological effects of many of these treatments, science has as yet not been able to describe a mechanism by which this putative energy exchange between individuals takes place. This study, together with the work of (other research) … represents one of the first successful attempts to directly measure an exchange of energy between people.”

https://www.heartmath.org/articles-of-the-heart/science-of-the-heart/the-energetic-heart-is-unfolding/

• Like 1

On 2017-10-27 at 3:31 PM, Aletheia said:

/...../

Then I read things like the heart is in the head! 

JAJ writes that the Niwan is energetically connected to the Heart, if that is a help. 

• Like 1

Just to let you know 9th and Mudfoot you are both on my ignore list because of your incessant trolling in past threads of mine.

Please DO NOT post in threads of mine again. Thank you.

blue eyed snake you are on the list too.

I wouldn't have to ask if the admins had a clue.

Why the fuck are there crossfit videos posted in this thread?

SERIOUSLY FUCK YOU 9TH AND FUCK THE ADMIN TOO.

10 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

Just to let you know 9th and Mudfoot you are both on my ignore list because of your incessant trolling in past threads of mine.

7 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

I wouldn't have to ask if the admins had a clue.

Why the fuck are there crossfit videos posted in this thread?

SERIOUSLY FUCK YOU 9TH AND FUCK THE ADMIN TOO.

Aletheia has been suspended until November 2nd.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

Aletheia has been suspended until November 2nd.

2018?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aletheia said:

This means I am now more motivated to join,  spam and/or troll your threads in the future. 

And I am going to use a polite and balanced language, and pretend I am contributing.

F.y.i: My posts in this thread have been in a sincere spirit, in line with your initial question. You would see that if you could keep your temper. 

But never mind, if keeping me on ignore helps you mitigate the pain on being on TDB, keep me there. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Did we find out what is meant by "heart"?

Close enough. 

We found out what happens when the heart is agitated. 

And that it happens even in spiritually really evolved people. 

• Like 2