Dobryted

hello from prague

Hello from Prague, Czech Republic.

I have many years practicing meditation, specially self enquiry meditation. As many here in this forum, I aim for enlightenment. 

I have read mostly stuff by Ramana Maharshi and Papaji, but now im very open to Budhism. And also I listen to any type of suggestions.

It would be great to communicate and if possible, to meet someone who has realized. Is that person here in this website?

I have experienced periods of moderate joy thanks to meditation, long time ago. I dont think i can call that satori/samadhi, but at least it has given me motivation to continue.

I dont aim for siddhis, I want the big prize, realization. Still, so many thoughts forces are in the middle. 

:) 

Edited by Dobryted
  • Like 2

Hello, Dobryted and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Dobryted,

Hello to Prague.  Sounds like you have been with Buddhism for a while.  Best wishes at getting the big prize.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 2

Welcome, can't wait to hear some of your thoughts on philosophy here. 

Don't hesitate to create discussion threads dealing with subjects you want to explore. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dobryted said:

I dont aim for siddhis, I want the big prize, realization. Still, so many thoughts forces are in the middle. 

Who is the "I" that wants these things? Answer that before you move on. You may very well discover that you are standing in your own way.

May you find what you seek. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

Who is the "I" that wants these things? Answer that before you move on. You may very well discover that you are standing in your own way.

May you find what you seek. 

hello Lostintranslation

I appreciate your comment and your suggestion. However, as I said in my post, i have practiced the self enquiry meditation, and that includes the "who am i?" question. This question i have asked to myself thousands of times. I wonder if you got the answer.

Have a nice day and a better tomorrow.

• Like 2