Shagrath

Tibetan psychokinetic development

Hi everyone,

Until few years ago I was heavily into qigong, neigong (wudang-pai and longmen-pai) and I have even done some healing sessions with quite interesting (some believable results) but I have never ever succeeded in any psychokinetic ability (moving matchstick, moving folded aluminum foil/paper, bending spoon/fork, etc).

I saw in person one guy who was somewhere in Tibet for 15 years and he said that trick is only in concentration and focus. That he had a test after those 5 years to bend the spoon. And that was the test of pure focus and concentration. But he stated that this knowledge was behind doors knowledge, never written only taught in person. Also, I saw bean and wheat grain sprout/germinate in his hand in a matter of seconds. He told me how this is possible with enough practice and he would teach me, but unfortunately he passed away since he was really old.

Has anyone ever gone this path? Is there any good material on this topic? Any Tibetan Buddhist exercises on medicine, meditation, healing?

Thank you very much in forward
S.

PS: I am sorry if I missed the subforum but since that guy was Buddhist (Tibetan Buddhist to be more precise) I figured to place the question here.

Edited by Shagrath
  • Like 3

Maybe not now, but at some point, if your circumstances would allow, you ought to try to venture out to the Himalayan regions for a few years. It takes time, but if you can spare that, then it is very likely that you will witness these displays of mind control. But the genuine siddhas wont be easy to find though. Lots of fake ones around, so be wise and sincere if you happen to get there. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, C T said:

Maybe not now, but at some point, if your circumstances would allow, you ought to try to venture out to the Himalayan regions for a few years. It takes time, but if you can spare that, then it is very likely that you will witness these displays of mind control. But the genuine siddhas wont be easy to find though. Lots of fake ones around, so be wise and sincere if you happen to get there. 

Thank you, but I have nor time nor money for that kind of adventure :)

I thought as solution to be that someone who first handedly experienced or succeeded with that kind of ability to share some resource. It's a long shot, but it's more likely then me going to Tibet.

57 minutes ago, Shagrath said:

Thank you, but I have nor time nor money for that kind of adventure :)

I thought as solution to be that someone who first handedly experienced or succeeded with that kind of ability to share some resource. It's a long shot, but it's more likely then me going to Tibet.

And what will change for you and your practice should you receive personal testimonies (related to your OP) from anyone here? 

In case you are hoping that whomsoever makes a declaration here that they have such abilities, and then offer to teach you online, my advice is to weigh your options with great care. You will never be able to learn these abilities without devoting at least a few years of your time in secluded practice, under the guidance of a live, authentic guru(s). Without these prerequisite conditions, your quest will potentially be hazardous. 

• Like 4

Btw Tibet is now a barren place as far as esoteric cultivation is concerned. 

Should you one day be ready to set off, you can pm me for some leads on where to go and contact info. 

Or you can try to reach one of the bums here by the name of Rigzin Trinley. Last I heard he is doing translation work in India for his Tibetan teachers. He hasn't been present here in a long time though. 

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, C T said:

And what will change for you and your practice should you receive personal testimonies (related to your OP) from anyone here? 

In case you are hoping that whomsoever makes a declaration here that they have such abilities, and then offer to teach you online, my advice is to weigh your options with great care. You will never be able to learn these abilities without devoting at least a few years of your time in secluded practice, under the guidance of a live, authentic guru(s). Without these prerequisite conditions, your quest will potentially be hazardous. 

I agree with you totally and I am aware of consequences of going that road by myself. Thats why I do not want a teacher nor am I seeking one. I just asked for some possible literature or some advice, nothing else. I am involved in other practices with some authentic teachers, and I just want to try out this a little bit (few years :) ).

i think the correct thinking is behind spine and skeleton overall, it doesn't bend but is in certain position. So i don't see how it would possible to make any mystical things while backbone still as hard stuck as ever.

On 23.10.2017 at 8:41 PM, Shagrath said:

I saw in person one guy who was somewhere in Tibet for 15 years and he said that trick is only in concentration and focus. That he had a test after those 5 years to bend the spoon. And that was the test of pure focus and concentration. But he stated that this knowledge was behind doors knowledge, never written only taught in person. Also, I saw bean and wheat grain sprout/germinate in his hand in a matter of seconds. He told me how this is possible with enough practice and he would teach me, but unfortunately he passed away since he was really old.

Has anyone ever gone this path? Is there any good material on this topic?

Concentration? Focus? Psychokinesis?

Sounds to me as if you could find in the yoga sutras what you are looking for...

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Wells said:

Concentration? Focus? Psychokinesis?

Sounds to me as if you could find in the yoga sutras what you are looking for...

Thank you. That is actually great place to start. I will dive into yogic practices to search for an answer.

But the true problem is following. I know the drills (there are several of them, and I have never read anything like it, but I never gone deep into yoga), but what later. How can I actually apply the fruits of practice to actually make seeds sprout. Just will it really hard? Visualize? Sing Despacito out loud while I am turned to west to face Puerto Rico and focus on sprouting? I do not have a clue.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shagrath said:

Thank you. That is actually great place to start. I will dive into yogic practices to search for an answer.

But the true problem is following. I know the drills (there are several of them, and I have never read anything like it, but I never gone deep into yoga), but what later. How can I actually apply the fruits of practice to actually make seeds sprout. Just will it really hard? Visualize? Sing Despacito out loud while I am turned to west to face Puerto Rico and focus on sprouting? I do not have a clue.

I'm guessing earth element kasina

Edited by Arramu
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, already said:

It would be a waste of time to learn tibetan buddhism in order to bend spoons.

Yes, it definitely would. And would also be really miserable to put one religion on that level.

I think you misunderstood me a little bit. I do not want to be able to bend spoons. That is the furthest goal. What I wish is to develop deep understanding of emptiness, and laser like concentration and focus to be able to bend spoon. As I said in original post, I wish that bending spoon, moving some object, or sprouting seeds be the test of my concentration and will and absolutely be not the goal in its self.

Anyhow, I am already studying Mahayana buddhism. For now Nagarjuna, Dogen and Paul Williams and practising shikantaza.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shagrath said:

Yes, it definitely would. And would also be really miserable to put one religion on that level.

I think you misunderstood me a little bit. I do not want to be able to bend spoons. That is the furthest goal. What I wish is to develop deep understanding of emptiness, and laser like concentration and focus to be able to bend spoon. As I said in original post, I wish that bending spoon, moving some object, or sprouting seeds be the test of my concentration and will and absolutely be not the goal in its self.

Anyhow, I am already studying Mahayana buddhism. For now Nagarjuna, Dogen and Paul Williams and practising shikantaza.

That type of qualitative concentration you want has not much use.

People who are interested in TB practices, practice concentration up to a point and only as a means to other steps .

They do not practice these things to the level you want.

They stop much earlier .Because you dont need that type of concentration to go trough all the curriculum.

In the end Understanding and realizing emptiness would take care of your wish to develop " laser like concentration and focus to be able to bend spoon"

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, already said:

That type of qualitative concentration you want has not much use.

People who are interested in TB practices, practice concentration up to a point and only as a means to other steps .

They do not practice these things to the level you want.

They stop much earlier .Because you dont need that type of concentration to go trough all the curriculum.

In the end Understanding and realizing emptiness would take care of your wish to develop " laser like concentration and focus to be able to bend spoon"

I believe that it's like you are saying. I do not have much experience in TB practices nor TB philosophical system. But still I wish to push concentration to those limits, for some deeply personal reasons and plus because if one person could do it and I saw it, why could't I also.

Dissolve the solidly-held views of an independent self, and the siddhis will reveal their secrets effortlessly. 

Both are in the nature of illusion. While most know that about siddhis, most dont know that about the self. 

That is the point of conflict. Where conflict is, there is no possibility for siddhis to manifest. 

Every aspect of the path towards the cultivation of liberation must be harmoniously blended into knowing exactly what 'liberation' is, and what is to be let go of in the process. 

• Like 6

On 11/1/2017 at 11:02 AM, C T said:

Dissolve the solidly-held views of an independent self, and the siddhis will reveal their secrets effortlessly. 

Both are in the nature of illusion. While most know that about siddhis, most dont know that about the self. 

That is the point of conflict. Where conflict is, there is no possibility for siddhis to manifest. 

Every aspect of the path towards the cultivation of liberation must be harmoniously blended into knowing exactly what 'liberation' is, and what is to be let go of in the process. 

Thank you very much for this answer. It made a lot of thing much clearer. That guy said that next to those several exercises for concentration, focus and will development, in later stages there is A LOT of meditation, no-thought states, emptiness etc.

Thank you once more :)

• Like 1

On 10/25/2017 at 5:32 AM, Shagrath said:

How can I actually apply the fruits of practice to actually make seeds sprout. Just will it really hard? Visualize? Sing Despacito out loud while I am turned to west to face Puerto Rico and focus on sprouting? I do not have a clue.

How does your body take the food you eat with your mouth, and turn it into electrical energy... that causes the muscles attached to your skeleton to contract, and causes the endocrine system to create hormonal solutions, and causes the neurons within the corpus callosum to synchronize functions across the hemispheres, and so forth and so on??

Start there, then get back to me once you have mastered the ability to take such electrical energy and transform it back into food.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 9th said:

How does your body take the food you eat with your mouth, and turn it into electrical energy... that causes the muscles attached to your skeleton to contract, and causes the endocrine system to create hormonal solutions, and causes the neurons within the corpus callosum to synchronize functions across the hemispheres, and so forth and so on??

Start there, then get back to me once you have mastered the ability to take such electrical energy and transform it back into food.

Honestly, I have never been much into koans.

On 11/2/2017 at 10:23 AM, 9th said:

^_^

I think I initially started meditation because I thought Powers would be neat when I was younger. Then you develop a few abilities and you realize that they don't make you happy and that peace of mind is much more desirable. Anyway to answer your question I found that while doing the microcosmic orbit once the qi gets to your third eye let it linger there for a while during each orbit before moving on and after a few months of this interesting things begin to happen.

• Like 2

On 9.12.2017 at 3:04 PM, dmattwads said:

I think I initially started meditation because I thought Powers would be neat when I was younger. Then you develop a few abilities and you realize that they don't make you happy and that peace of mind is much more desirable.

Yeah, sure.

On 11/2/2017 at 1:23 PM, 9th said:

lol, entropy

a bit more realizable of a goal, is to learn to supplant the need for electrochemical sustenance, with electromagnetic sustenance, and pay good mind to ohm's law