Lost in Translation

End of Seeking?

We seek because we hope to find. The longer we seek, the more difficult it becomes to imagine finding. Sometime along the way the seeking becomes the finding. We never stop seeking.

But what if we just stop? Stop seeking? Stop searching? Stop looking?

Instead we simply find. The search is over. We can be. We no longer need to do.

Arrogance? Impetuousness? How dare you stop! How dare you make a mockery of my years of effort! I won't allow you to find! You don't deserve to find!

So we pick up the trail once more...

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

Arrogance? Impetuousness? How dare you stop! How dare you make a mockery of my years of effort! I won't allow you to find! You don't deserve to find!

Or...we realize they have a vested interest in us continuing to seek; that there is nothing to find that we dont already have... and we gently set the trail back down. (-:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sagebrush said:

well out my window I see a chipmunk and I know damn good and well what that means

That there was a chipmunk outside your window.

Good thing you couldn't see it without looking out the window.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

Good thing you couldn't see it without looking out the window.  

"When I look out my window

So many different sights to see.

And when I look in my window

So many different people to be."

Donovan, Season of the Witch

• Like 2

I like the bitch of a which one

and the extra added bitch of a red one now

going to find my mouse

and the red eyed albino rabbit in the crook of the PIANO ledge...

yes the yin rolled it out for me

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

"When I look out my window

So many different sights to see.

And when I look in my window

So many different people to be."

Donovan, Season of the Witch

Great song.  I always liked this cover of it:

Spoiler

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

We seek because we hope to find. The longer we seek, the more difficult it becomes to imagine finding. Sometime along the way the seeking becomes the finding. We never stop seeking.

But what if we just stop? Stop seeking? Stop searching? Stop looking?

Instead we simply find. The search is over. We can be. We no longer need to do.

as long as there is some inner voice / momentum to seek, seeking will happen.

When that dies, seeking stops.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, johndoe2012 said:

as long as there is some inner voice / momentum to seek, seeking will happen.

When that dies, seeking stops.

Currently, I have two ideas about when I will personally stop seeking. The first one will be when I am able to have fulfilled the Bodhisattva's Vow. I'm not so interested in how long this takes right now.

The second idea of my 'end to seeking' is when I stop suffering. Like people who go to torturous deaths and are singing and laughing. Or Buddhist monks who self-immolate and are just sitting there as peacefully as can be. Maybe physical pain happens but there is no judgement of the pain as 'good' or 'bad' - like it doesn't matter whether the pain is there or not. It doesn't cause suffering.

Emotionally speaking - grief still happens, you still cry, maybe you cry more depending on the circumstances because you are so open, but it is not judged as 'good' or 'bad'. It doesn't cause suffering.

This second idea of an end to seeking I want to happen as soon as possible! 

In the scenarios where people aren't suffering no matter what happens, it seems that, in most cases I'm aware of, there is a very high level of love consciousness developed. Maybe it has to do with all fear falling away, and what's left is that love - That type of agape love that many people intuitively know is there and is, like, 'a golden key' - so to speak. 

• Like 3

In my case I went to yet another funeral. I was sitting in the pews, listening to the memorial. Family members and loved ones were describing their cherished history with the deceased. The pastor was saying very nice words. There was music, and flowers.Tears were streaming down my face. My chest was heavy, and tight with grief. It was exquisite, quite beautiful.

Then I heard a voice inside me quietly say: "how many funerals do you need to go to before you finally accept that you, too, will die?"

What else can I say?

• Like 3

I think seeking is fine, it's the obsessive seeking that seems to cause issues.    When the seeking becomes obsessive (when anything becomes obsessive), it becomes unhealthy and a hindrance.   Without seeking, one may not find.  It is the seeking without attachments, a child like seeking that may find the answers.

• Like 5

I kinda think obsession is good, as long as you don't get trapped in it.  If you want to go deep, sometimes you have to do something full on.  Stop moderation and totally commit, go deep but stay there too long and you may lose perspective, lose a balanced life, which is fine for shorter terms, weeks, months.. a year.. but then its the time to keep the best and regain balance and perspective. 

• Like 3

I think nobody ever cease looking/seeking until they come to realise at-one-ment. 

• Like 5

On 10/22/2017 at 2:00 PM, Lost in Translation said:

Until you find yourself standing on a river.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thelerner said:

I kinda think obsession is good, as long as you don't get trapped in it.  If you want to go deep, sometimes you have to do something full on.  Stop moderation and totally commit, go deep but stay there too long and you may lose perspective, lose a balanced life, which is fine for shorter terms, weeks, months.. a year.. but then its the time to keep the best and regain balance and perspective. 

True.

The slow approach can also be a cover for the ego-activity to keep on living and not completely die out - aka avoidance when we know we should be facing something but ducking it out until tomorrow.

I have given up on meditation to bring any benefits but just merge with a chosen avatar and seek the help of divine beings to release what should be released.

Some lineages have mapped out the whole awakening from top to bottom. So we no longer have excuses for not getting anywhere.

• Like 2

I am getting somewhere Lost in Translation.

In practical matters I had advice from a roofer. I need to remove my insulation, then add sheetrock.

studying types of sheetrock now.

I am not interested in meditation. I do sit on a swing and have a cement figure of Buddha and take delight in the fall weather and the glories sounds of bird chirping. I look forward to days in my imagination of tending to my soil. it may never come or I may have a glorious garden, herb patch and self contained hillside of Russian sage and whatever else I plant.

So you can bet that when you toss out the word "excuses" just realize that I was interested in other stuff...sometimes nothing and sometimes something. maybe you are speaking to your own excuses and not pointing fingers.

I do like saffron spice and

another Donovan ...

Edited by sagebrush
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

So you can bet that when you toss out the word "excuses" just realize that I was interested in other stuff...sometimes nothing and sometimes something. maybe you are speaking to your own excuses and not pointing fingers.

I think you may have me confused with someone else. I have never used that word. 

that which is sought can not be found in the mind but the mind does reach a threshold and from there grace may act further...

• Like 3

just enjoying the kaleidoscope- and my point of reference unfortunately is my filter(s)

lingo/linga

potato/potatoe

:-)

its all carbohydrates.....those words

• Like 1

the insulation may contain asbestos.

these matters are reasons for education and immanent awareness.

picking the correct Niosh respirator might be a tad bit more significant than all the spiritual whatever it is.

something that agitates for sure

grace and gene wilder.............................

makes me ponder

Edited by sagebrush
  • Like 1