Will

Is enlightenment really desirable?

17 minutes ago, allinone said:

idea is to get you frustrated so you get brain stroke soon, due to old age you won't recover and die sooner.

The idea will be that if you keep posting in this vein you will be suspended and if you do not recover from your trolling, insulting ways, your membership will meet an untimely death, sooner rather than later.

It does not take a lot of effort to be kind. Try it, you might like it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

The idea will be that if you keep posting in this vein you will be suspended and if you do not recover from your trolling, insulting ways, your membership will meet an untimely death, sooner rather than later.

Please be gentle with him when he is talking with me.  He is working on his own inner frustrations.  I am allowing him to use me as a whipping post.  But you are correct, he should not interact with others the way he does with me as others could be easily offended.

You know me well enough to know that I will get on his ass if he has gone too far.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Please be gentle with him when he is talking with me.  He is working on his own inner frustrations.  I am allowing him to use me as a whipping post.  But you are correct, he should not interact with others the way he does with me as others could be easily offended.

You know me well enough to know that I will get on his ass if he has gone too far.

Yes, I know you can and will handle him.

But...

We have some pretty easy to follow rules here and it is part of my job to remind folks about them when they forget.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, allinone said:

its not emotion, its when the mouth start shake, hands shake. I need that experience, it used to happen in gross situations, but i now can get it so peacefully.

That's Parkinson

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gunther said:

In a relaxed way, like they say, keep the mind on the leash, but not too tight and not too lose. Effortless effort maybe

A koan this effortless effort?

Like a completely dark light?

Or infinity here and now?

Mind on a leash yet foot loose?

I fancy that for freedom.

And will happily settle for that.

15 hours ago, Wells said:

Most likely your mind would remain like muddy water, to use the picture of Jigme Lingpa.

Otherwise everybody would become enlightened at death.

15 hours ago, Gunther said:

The Tibetan book of the dead explains it all. You have a good chance at the moment of death if you are not distracted and go into a meditative state so to speak. If you become unconscious while in thought you left in muddy water. If you can stay aware your soul would leave out the top of your head into the clear light

I am holding out for the possibility, now matter how remote, that death may lead to enlightenment ...

And even those whom haven't read The Tibetan book of dead see the light.

Ala Hank Williams speaks of this effortless effort I suppose :

" I saw the light

No more darkness

No more night

peace

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kar3n said:

Ha! It depends on who you're hanging out with! I think because of desires I've had to raise my consciousness and kindness level, I usually attract into my life people who are kinder than I am as inspirations. But, that being said, I really feel one of the main points of this life, for myself and others who want what I want, is to be at this level:

From George Ritchie's book 'Return From Tomorrow'

He was one of the inmates of the concentration camp, but obviously he had not been there long; his posture was erect, his eyes bright, his energy indefatigable. Since he was fluent in English, French, German and Russian, as well as Polish, he became a kind of unofficial camp translator.

We came to him with all sorts of problems; the paperwork alone was staggering in attempting to relocate people whose families, even whole hometowns, might have disappeared. But though Wild Bill worked fifteen and sixteen hours a day, he showed no signs of weariness. While the rest of us were drooping with fatigue, he seemed to gain strength. "We have time for this old fellow," he would say. "He's been waiting to see us all day." His compassion for his fellow prisoners glowed on his face, and it was to this glow that I came when my own spirits were low.

So I was astonished to learn, when Wild Bill's own papers came before us one day, that he had been in Wuppertal since 1939! For six years he had lived on the same starvation diet, slept in the same airless and disease-ridden barracks as everyone else, but without the least physical or mental deterioration.

Perhaps even more amazing, every group in the camp looked on him as a friend. He was the one to whom quarrels between inmates were brought for arbitration. Only after I had been at Wuppertal a number of weeks did I realize what a rarity this was in a compound where the different nationalities of prisoners hated each other almost as much as they did the Germans.

As for the Germans, feelings against them ran so high that in some of the camps liberated earlier, former prisoners had seized guns, run into the nearest village and simply shot the first Germans they saw. Part of our instructions were to prevent this kind of thing and again Wild Bill was our greatest asset, reasoning with the different groups, counseling forgiveness.

"It's not easy for some of them to forgive," I commented to him one day as we sat over mugs of tea in the proceeding center. "So many of them have lost members of their families."

Wild Bill leaned back on the upright chair and sipped at his drink. "We lived in the Jewish section of Warsaw," he began slowly, the first words I had heard him speak about himself. "My wife, our two daughters, and our three little boys. When the Germans reached our street they lined everyone against a wall and opened up with machine guns. I begged to be allowed to die with my family, but because I spoke German they put me in a work group."

He paused, perhaps seeing again his wife and children. "I had to decide right then," he continued, "whether to let myself hate the soldiers who had done this. It was an easy decision, really. I was a lawyer. In my practice I had seen too often what hate could do to people's minds and bodies. Hate had just killed the six people who mattered most to me in the world. I decided then that I would spend the rest of my life, whether it was a few days or many years, loving every person I came in contact with."

Loving every person…this was the power that had kept a man well in the face of every privation. (George Ritchie, Return from Tomorrow, 129-132)

• Like 7

In fact, all this reminds of the interview I was just listening to yesterday when I was driving around. This cat, Michael Jaco, an ex-navy SEAL, used the technique of sending out love very effectively in combat situations..I was very impressed by some of his stories: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kar3n said:

Edited by allinone

1 hour ago, ljazztrumpet said:

Wild Bill leaned back on the upright chair and sipped at his drink. "We lived in the Jewish section of Warsaw," he began slowly, the first words I had heard him speak about himself. "My wife, our two daughters, and our three little boys. When the Germans reached our street they lined everyone against a wall and opened up with machine guns. I begged to be allowed to die with my family, but because I spoke German they put me in a work group."

He paused, perhaps seeing again his wife and children. "I had to decide right then," he continued, "whether to let myself hate the soldiers who had done this. It was an easy decision, really. I was a lawyer. In my practice I had seen too often what hate could do to people's minds and bodies. Hate had just killed the six people who mattered most to me in the world. I decided then that I would spend the rest of my life, whether it was a few days or many years, loving every person I came in contact with."

Loving every person…this was the power that had kept a man well in the face of every privation. (George Ritchie, Return from Tomorrow, 129-132)

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. _/|\_

• Like 2

Tsk, tsk, @allinone.

Why can't you just take the warning and move on? Is it really worthy of such a vile and juvenile response?

Please remove the video. It violates the terms of service. Failure to do so will result in the post being hidden and a suspension. The clock is ticking...

11 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

Tsk, tsk, @allinone.

Why can't you just take the warning and move on? Is it really worthy of such a vile and juvenile response?

Please remove the video. It violates the terms of service. Failure to do so will result in the post being hidden and a suspension. The clock is ticking...

i don't have to remove video, you threaten not me but freedom of speech.

Edited by allinone

Just now, allinone said:

i don't have to remove video, you threaten not me but freedom of speech.

This is a privately owned forum. You agreed to the terms of service when you joined the forum. Freedom of speech does not imply there are not consequences for your "speech" if you violate ToS.

Your post will now be hidden. See you in 3 days...

18 hours ago, Gunther said:

Awareness or natural mind is sometimes called universal conciousness. It can be experienced only. Everything happens in that space. All thoughts, including god's, devils, spirits, immortals, whatever, you name it, including yourself and everything. How and why nobody knows it's a mystery.

But that this universal conciousness exist and that humans can experience it has been known to mankind since forever and is well documented.

Yet, I know that the great majority have no clue what it's about.

I signed up to this group because there are at least a few it seems who have had some experience, like the breathless state for example that occurs sometimes. Nothing to do with drugs, usually drugs cause only hallucinations which are like dreams within the mind. If they cause transcendental states it would be just momentary, under the influence so to speak

Count me among  the great majority whom have no clue :ph34r: 

Is it universal that how and why are a mystery?

Is it commonly known since forever by whom?

Where is it well documented and by whom?

Tia

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kar3n said:

This is a privately owned forum. You agreed to the terms of service when you joined the forum. Freedom of speech does not imply there are not consequences for your "speech" if you violate ToS.

Your post will now be hidden. See you in 3 days...

if i get ban, i don't come back to this forum ever.

1 minute ago, allinone said:

Is that a promise?

Do you keep your word?

I am hopeful on at least two counts, should you fail to modify your behavior.

4 minutes ago, allinone said:

Thank you for the edit.

Just so we are clear, you ever coming back is not of concern to me. On the other hand, how you act and treat others is of great concern. You know the rules here, they are not difficult...

Anyway, thanks again. :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cold said:

Is that a promise?

Do you keep your word?

I am hopeful on at least two counts, should you fail to modify your behavior.

Mentality that if you can't defeat them join them doesn't work with me.

I speak and test all the time someone like Marblehead if he knows what i point at, till to the point he actually moves towards me with an effort, like today, it makes my blood boil, hand shake, mouth shake, and then i can start do what here people look as i offend(so i can't be offencive? and have to be always passive?)

basically it is biological hand shake, elements reacted. So is that BAD?

i am very easily readable person, so if i actually make a move it is so ideal that it is bannable?

7 minutes ago, allinone said:

I speak and test all the time someone like Marblehead if he knows what i point at, till to the point he actually moves towards me with an effort, like today, it makes my blood boil, hand shake, mouth shake, and then i can start do what here people look as i offend(so i can't be offencive? and have to be always passive?)

i am very easily readable person, so if i actually make a move it is so ideal that it is bannable?

Some of us take the written word, with a grain of salt, and we can tolerate sentiments that are ordinarily considered offensive , the same way.( That at least its genuine.) But , this being a public venue , we are not in a situation which is conducive to permitting absolutely anything , there's other people to consider, not only the mods , nor Sean , nor only those who write posts. There's an audience of quiet people too, who would rather read what is written with a  bit of self control. It isn't all about me , nor you, nor Mh , and I personally prefer not to be offending folks , I prefer them to participate , and it requires cooperation, in the form of some rules to cooperate according to. We all hold back from time to time and its no disgrace to just abide by the rules we implicitly agreed to, by joining, as best we recognize them. No biggie. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cold said:

Count me among  the great majority whom have no clue :ph34r: 

Is it universal that how and why are a mystery?

Is it commonly known since forever by whom?

Where is it well documented and by whom?

Tia

1. It's the definition of mystery

2. The mystics

3. Their reports and writings

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, allinone said:

(my bold)

No, you cannot be offensive here. But that doesn't mean you have to be passive. There is another way.

As we move through energy - there are at least 3 ways: float along (passive) fight against it (offensive) and maneuver and manipulate the energy and the situation so we get where we want to be without expending excess energy. Doing so takes practice and skill. The first unlearned way, when it seems flow is against you, is to fight fight fight!

If you by chance see that is the only way to not be passive (and still get to where you want to be) then two things will happen. First, you will intentionally or unintentionally create situations that set up fight energy - by poking at others, or being offensive, or insulting - so that you can resist against it and interact in the only way you know how.

Its understandable if that is all one knows how to do then that is what they will do. But, the second thing that will happen is here, in TDB, doing this will also get you - or anyone else - banned. Quickly, and without hesitation.

It is possible to have lively debates and argue points and perspectives and ideas - without needing to use offensive personal attacks against another member. We have been doing it for years and you can too if you decide to. But ultimately the choice is always yours, to go or stay. If you decide to stay - and I hope you do - then work on your skills might be in order, to develop your own method to get where you want to be without having to resort to that which has no place in this forum.

Warm regards

• Like 4