Edward M

Leg blockages/clearing

What is everyones experience of leg channels opening? 

One member on here told me his experience of it involved a lot of pain in the legs.  

Did it feel like possible circulation/deep vein issues for anyone?

Do you have to be at a certain level of development for the leg channels to start opening, or can someone like myself, a novice, go through this? 

Just trying to get a handle on some pain ive got, and start an interesting topic for the forum.

Cheers

I never experienced pain in the legs as a result of opening the leg channels but I did experience pain and cramping in the feet during practice. It may be that all the stretching of the legs that I did from my early teens circumvented the pain you mention. 

I did experience cramping from time to time in the legs but never equated it with opening of the leg channels. 

You may find that messaging the feet helps to aleviate the pain in the legs. Messaging my feet prior to practice eliminated the pain and cramping in my feet that happened during practice - this may eliminate your leg pains.

Do the pains you are describing come specifically during practice ?  Is this why you are equating the pain with "leg channels opening"?

• Like 1

Depends on how deep you want to go. Surface channels are not very difficult to open, standing still would perhaps be the easiest way. It is a different thing if you wanna go deep, to the bones and inside the bones. This is where the pain issue likely comes up. I believe the deep channels can be opened by a combination of 1) yoga 2) sitting still crossed legs on the floor 3) movements like dao yin or taiji. The advantage of yoga is that you can isolate and target specific tissue in the legs - there is lot of it there and it is dense. Sitting still is the best (IMO) for getting song and release tensions and blockages. And then you need some movements to actualize your achievements.

I'd also add that talk about legs should include hips and buttocks

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Edward M said:

One member on here told me his experience of it involved a lot of pain in the legs.  

Do you have to be at a certain level of development for the leg channels to start opening, or can someone like myself, a novice, go through this? 

Just trying to get a handle on some pain ive got, and start an interesting topic for the forum.

Cheers

Qi flow to the legs is harder than the upper body due to constant pressure on the legs/lower torso (gravity). To open the legs, just do standing post...http://taichibasics.com/zhan-zhuang-pole-standing-different-qi-gong-meditation/

Just don't do too deep stance. Just sufficient to have slight bend to the knee and feet shoulder width apart with toes pointing straight ahead (not splayed out).  Suspend the crown, etc etc...

Edited by dwai
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Edward M said:

Cheers

Sorry to hear about your pain. From my experience, openings don't hurt.

Are you aiming for openings? What hurts?

BTW, leg and feet openings come last. (Yes, you can learn to move chi through them more effectively, but that is a different topic.)

• Like 1

Thanks you three!

Spotless, thanks, no, i've not been practicing enough to know for sure, but i guess i'm just hoping for it being an energetic issue, as since the right ankle is pretty much numb to the touch, and gets severe pain deep inside, it could be serious.  I have been doing more stretching than usual... it is worse at night when im lying still, and first thing in the morning.  

IdQuest, this started when i did a lot more stretching than usual, just forward bend, so maybe it has caused an opening of some sort, plus someone opened up a new channel in the leg that grounded spirit into body more.  Thank you for the ideas! 

Dwai, Thanks! used to do that a lot a long time ago, spent a good year doing 3 standing posts sessions a day.  great practice!

Thanks

• Like 1

RainbowVein,

Thanks! no not aiming for openings. its just a deep pain in the outside of the ankle for past few days, and coincides wiht lots of heat and a spasmodic pain movement.. its like there is a circulation issue there. Think prob a medical issue! 

• Like 1

A friend who used to be my tcm practitioner, he found inner lines, and opens them in other people, supposed to be lines of youth.  They have actually grounded me significantly, i'm really here on earth now.  **ill let you know the new circuit by pm if you want, don't think he will want me revealing it on here)**

Edited by Edward M
  • Like 2

Edward,

You have dampness from living in the UK (damp and deficient Qi Spleen), liver Qi stagnation and heat in the lower jiao from what I feel. Correct diet for damp weather, specific herbal treatment with a lot of moving practice (the more strenuous the better, ie Bagua and Xingyi) will get correct that. Expect a significant amount of time to remove dampness and accumulated heat (it becomes Earth) from your body.

Seated meditation ---> useless for what you are currently experiencing.

Movement is liver/Wood's best friend.

Good luck! :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 4

Hi Gerard,    

Thanks for sensing into it, That's very helpful.  I have a couple of questions about something you said, but i'll pm about it sometime soon. 

Thanks again, :)