Rickie

sacred masculine

4 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I breathe at least 108 times a day.  Does that count?

Awesome!  Very well played.

Well, I am kind of in a hurry to get back to practicing my stuff.  I realize the bar I set... 20 thanks is a bit much.  So, I will go ahead and post the practice.  I will additionally add something which I do not often add.  Which is that people that live free of the concepts that make people feel generally stuck have a faster chance of success. If you use mantras before hand, cleansing ones like STREEM, Ganesha, or any of the Tibean mantras that clear you that contain BEKANZE or BEKANZA, or other supplications that clear as well as a Stillness-Movement practice... All of these types of things tend to speed up the activation of it.

Final Warning I give beforehand is that some mantras are specifically sacred. Meaning that people who would treat it in a worthless way find themselves in a type of negative contagion or entanglement.  When I have warned people of this in the distant past, this went unheeded.  Do not make this misteak.  You have to put your full feeling, devotion and thanks into this practice.  It is probably the most powerful thing in existance beside KREEM as a mantra or the one I explain in the spoiler.

Okay, final words, mantras activate the brain when we draw them out and meditate upon them spiritually.  This one requires no OM to activate, but you can choose to use OM or OM HUM before it to get a deeper application.  Because this mantra includes the EE sound, It is part of the subset of IM vedic-type mantras.  IM was used far before OM, and is far more directive.  People who have used the divine power type mantras before like the Shakti or Bija mantras may readily understand this.

शिवोऽहम्

SHIVOHAM!

(pronounced SHEEVOHAM)

What it does: This mantra activates the part of the male divine consciousness.  After enough times of drawing out the mantra and meditating upon it, it activates this aspect of consciousness and brings it "to us".  If we have questions about what it means, divine masculinity... People, things that aid us and help us to understand this are brought to us.  Sometimes even in the form of lessons.  With full devotion to the practice, we have to be open to how the mantra makes us feel or the messages we receive.  That is merely the price of such mantras, that we put forth the effort and choose to be open to the answers we might receive.

It might just be the most powerful mantra in existence besides OM HROAM RAH SWAHA, which draws spiritual people to you, and can be used when you are lacking in spiritual support.

What it MEANS... It means, and you are saying "I am Shiva!" (If you are Christian it is like saying I am God) so, like the mantras like KREEM the power enters you rather quickly.  If you are not sure how to use such mantras.  It is best not to.  Just like KREEM (Kali), shiva can possibly even possess you.  That is the price of these types of mantras.  I only state the mantra and its practice for information only.  My duty ends with this because I have warned you about this and it sometimes happens.  If it does, if you become fearful, Recite RAM RAMETI RAM RAM RAM, STREEM or other balancing mantras and simply discontinue the practice.

Any Bakti, can use this.  Except, since it is a Shiva mantra... We warn against the consumption of meat or use of tobacco during your use of it.  Experience tends to shed light on it.  Kali does not seem to be bothered by the consumption of meat, but some who have used tobacco have claimed that she warns to quit this, may even withdraw support.  So, these are the general consensus on these things and I would not be performing my duty if I did not mention it.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit
Added final warning: contagion/entanglement.
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, thelerner said:

I don't know.

Sometimes we need..

A break from ourselves.

Sure we do! But we get plenty of that at night, when we sleep. Sleeping during the day time, however, might be counterproductive.

36 minutes ago, 子泰 said:

Sure we do! But we get plenty of that at night, when we sleep.

Ha!   Unless you have no dreams - or do not remember them !   Your more likely to  be spending time with 'your unresolved self' when you asleep and dreaming .

36 minutes ago, 子泰 said:

Sleeping during the day time, however, might be counterproductive.

I see you have never done a stint of  ' night duty '   ? 

On 10/18/2017 at 10:53 PM, Nungali said:

So I rephrased the question " How many of you, in your own terms and definitions think some event or occurrence or  gradual development has turned you into a Man ?  About 10 hands went up . I was shocked. So then I asked the others ' How many of you, again in your own terms, think you understand what it means to be a Man ?'  Less than half put up their hand .   So that means half the guys there didn't have a clue !

What a sorry state of affairs ....

Let's see how would I answer this-

I'd put my hand up.  I am a Man, due to birthright yet moreso to gradual development.  Mostly in terms of taking on responsibility.  Per my definition responsibility makes the man.  Responsibility for my decisions, livelihood.. morality and willingness to defend those decisions. 

I am a man because I can put away childish things, make hard decisions, accept hardship and delay rewards.  I am duty bound to protect woman, children and those unable to protect themselves and should leave the world a slightly better place.  

caveats* when I have time I enjoy childish things.  I can help, protect and serve to the best of my limited ability and common sense but I'm no zealot.

I'm reminded of a knife seminar I went to with the famous Aikido sensei Mitsugi Saotome, a fantastic teacher- who like Ueshiba, considered himself to have gone through Enlightenment.  Early on he asked the large attendance Who is content with who they are?  I was the only one who raised my hand.  Maybe everyone else thought it was a trick question or something.  In any case I got praise.  (A little later on I was also one the few standing when during warm up rolls to standing, with sensei directing Up down, Up down, Up .. there was no down, but like Simon Sez most of the 60 people went down.  But my sensei played that trick, and I didn't fall for it, not that time)

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 子泰 said:

Sure we do! But we get plenty of that at night, when we sleep. Sleeping during the day time, however, might be counterproductive.

What? Naps are sacred! Hehe :D

• Like 2

Did you notice the female flag bearer in that one scene?

But I totally agree with the theme of the presentation.  We cannot hold anger and hatred inside.  It will destroy us.  There needs be some kind of release.  I think this is an excellent way to do that.

I recently watched a movie about Native Americans and Vikings titled "Pathfinder".  The Vikings were the bad guys, of course.  Well, except for one, the hero of the story.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:47 PM, Nungali said:

Interesting how this tread subtly changed from  sacred masculine to divine masculine and then got criticised re the 'divine aspect of masculinity ' .     :huh:

That's life on a public forum.  Everything is pretty much is decomposing to fertilizer after this point.  But what the hell, fertilizer is important to growth.  :-)

• Like 1

Just now, Marblehead said:

I think you got your point across.  Repetition really is a good teacher.

I'm glad you like it but the repetitions are an accident.  I reported my own posts and asked for the extras to be deleted.

• Like 2

Yeah, I knew the extra posts were an accident.  Sometimes the system gets busy and it looks like the post didn't take so we hit it again.  There's a trick to recognizing when that happens but I can't explain it well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickie said:

I'm glad you like it but the repetitions are an accident.  I reported my own posts and asked for the extras to be deleted.

Thanks! Done & done & done. 🌲

• Like 1

On 18/10/2017 at 7:52 PM, Rickie said:

What is this sacred masculine thing?  I'm just not understanding it?  Are men no longer comfortable in their skin and are looking to some divine source to justify their masculine characteristics or not to feel bad because they're a man.?

I don't think it's about that. The divine aspect is the universal aspect, so a quality of the divine feminine is universal motherhood, so instead of only loving and taking care of your immediate family you look upon all people in the same way. To the divine you are literally it's child, it gave birth to you. But the divine feminine is also Kali so can be destructive also.

Divine masculine or fatherhood is similar, but I would say has a more protective universal quality. More a quality of strength going out into the world 

It is interesting though that the divine feminine is now widely celebrated and accepted but as soon as divine masculine is mentioned it's pretty much ridiculed or seen as weakness or something

• Like 3

I think it was Patrick Harpur ?   that said the modern male archetype is Faust . I agree !

He likened the times and religion Faust was embroiled in to our 'old consciousness'  ( pre dualistic / 'scientific revolution ), and Fausts dabbling in magic and forces he didn't really comprehend to our dabbling in science and technology , energy production, etc   A man caught between two worlds , often ignorant of what he is invoking .

" "Faust" and the adjective "Faustian" imply a situation in which an ambitious person surrenders moral integrity in order to achieve power and success for a delimited term "  - Wiki .

Now, I cant help wondering if the outcome, in this regard, will it be according to Marlowe  or Goethe  ? 

( and note how Goethe's Faust is 'redeemed'  ;)  )