Sign in to follow this  
NewBum

Hello!

Just exploring. Did some Tai Chi and Chi Kung studies in the past but have been long away from them. I hope this forum will re-inspire me. Currently trying to re-build my life after employment and legal troubles, working a "survival job" that is highly unappealing and exhausting, and also taking a class that should be helpful but is at the moment super-challenging...thinking Chi Kung can restore some of my energy and help me through. Looking forward to reading/getting to know people here!

• Like 2

Hello, NewBum and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi NewBum,

Good timing.  I was getting ready to shut down for the evening.  Sad about your present challenges.  Yes, at least Daoism will help you with mellowing out your mind so you can concentrate on what is most important.  Best Wishes.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

3 hours ago, NewBum said:

... trying to re-build my life after employment and legal troubles, working a "survival job" that is highly unappealing and exhausting...l

It's always darkest before the dawn. Life has a wacky way of teaching us lessons. Run towards what frightens you and be amazed at what happens! Welcome!

• Like 2

Welcome.  I don't know if chi gung and philosophy are always the best answer.  Sometimes keeping things gut level and real is better.  So, feel free to start conversations on survival jobs, crappy hours etc.,  Sometimes we move from the mundane to spiritual, sometimes it goes in the other direction.

Sometimes the best thing is

to bitch and drink beer.  

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

It's always darkest before the dawn. Life has a wacky way of teaching us lessons. Run towards what frightens you and be amazed at what happens!

Hi Lost in Translation,

Yes - dawn breaks at the darkest hour.

Wacky life throws at us with - humour.

Cranky us laugh and not become sour

We race towards what is fear.

Why? Happiness is very near.

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

I don't know if chi gung and philosophy are always the best answer.  Sometimes keeping things gut level and real is better.  So, feel free to start conversations on survival jobs, crappy hours etc.,  Sometimes we move from the mundane to spiritual, sometimes it goes in the other direction.

Hi thelerner,

** I tend to edit, re-edit and re-re-edit my posts.  Not to change there content, usually to improve grammar and flow.  Occasionally my conscience will put a gun to my head to clean up bad attitude. 

How many times did you have to - to edit, re-edit and re-re-edit in responding to New Bum?

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

Sometimes the best thing is to bitch and drink beer.

Bitch - you ying? Beer - you yang? Apparently you are ying/yang.

7 hours ago, NewBum said:

I hope this forum will re-inspire me. Currently trying to re-build my life ...

Hi NewBum,

In living Life, we need to re-inspire, re-build, re-new ... Why?

Sunrise => sunset => sunrise => sunset => ...

Spring => summer => autumn => winter => spring => ...

... after employment and legal troubles, working a "survival job" that is highly unappealing and exhausting ...

Life does not take away your light. Why?

4 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

It's always darkest before the dawn.

... taking a class that should be helpful but is at the moment super-challenging...thinking Chi Kung can restore some of my energy and help me through.

At moment - super challenging. FANTASTIC!

Looking forward to reading/getting to know people here!

WELCOME!

- LimA

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this