Chá Rén 茶人

Noble Metals, Charging Water, Jewelry, and Longevity Alchemy

I am curious as to what everyone knows regarding the use of gold, silver, copper, iron, etc. for spiritual, energetic, or medicinal effects. 

Copper-charged water created via copper cups is common in ayurvedic medicine, and is said to heal a variety of ailments including stagnant energy and nerve issues. It is documented that copper or silver cups or cookware are antibacterial and decrease the spread of disease. 

The reason why I ask is two-fold. I have worn a Sterling silver chain with various silver pendants for as long as I can remember, so I cannot speak well on the effects of wearing noble metals. I haven't not worn silver in quite awhile. Does anyone notice any effects to wearing silver, or maybe when you got married and started wearing a gold ring? 

I have been brewing my tea with a (clean) 1oz silver coin in my iron tetsubin (japanese tea kettle) in an experiment to recreate a "silver kettle" effect without dropping several hundred dollars on an authentic antique kettle. 

It seems to add a vibrancy to the water, it breathes more when it boils and has a very pure look to it. It brings out subtle sweet and floral high notes that would otherwise go unnoticed.

In addition, I seem to be dreaming more and sleeping more as well too. I often struggle with insomnia, so this has been a good thing relatively speaking. Meditation seems easier. 

It may just be in my head, but I swear my hair has taken on a blonder sheen this past week. Placebo? 

The coin is still 100% okay so far.

My thinking is that if I am ~70% water, I can raise my energy/vibrational levels by raising the energy/vibrational levels of the water I ingest. 

I have been wondering what adding a gold 1/10th oz. coin to tetsubin water may do....("instant enlightenment", lol...or maybe just a pretentious attitude...)

Any thoughts on all this?

Safety concerns? 

Anecdotes?

Note: Definitely not referring to old Taoist methods of cinnabar, mercury, or lead ingestion. There have been many documented deaths from those. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chá Rén 茶人 said:

I am curious as to what everyone knows regarding the use of gold, silver, copper, iron, etc. for spiritual, energetic, or medicinal effects. 

First up ... caution  .....     don't poison yourself !

Copper-charged water created via copper cups is common in ayurvedic medicine, and is said to heal a variety of ailments including stagnant energy and nerve issues. It is documented that copper or silver cups or cookware are antibacterial and decrease the spread of disease. 

Indeed !  Now with  anti-bacterial resistant virus , its becoming more pop in the mainstream

The reason why I ask is two-fold. I have worn a Sterling silver chain with various silver pendants for as long as I can remember, so I cannot speak well on the effects of wearing noble metals. I haven't not worn silver in quite awhile. Does anyone notice any effects to wearing silver, or maybe when you got married and started wearing a gold ring? 

Yes. But then again I am a 'magical metals' type of guy .  

I wouldn't put the 'magical effects' of wearing a wedding ring down to only its metallic composition though  ;) 

I have been brewing my tea with a (clean) 1oz silver coin in my iron tetsubin (japanese tea kettle) in an experiment to recreate a "silver kettle" effect without dropping several hundred dollars on an authentic antique kettle. 

It seems to add a vibrancy to the water, it breathes more when it boils and has a very pure look to it. It brings out subtle sweet and floral high notes that would otherwise go unnoticed.

In addition, I seem to be dreaming more and sleeping more as well too. I often struggle with insomnia, so this has been a good thing relatively speaking. Meditation seems easier. 

On a magical level silver relates to Luna energies, so that makes sense .  The health effects, I think, in this case, are down to the subtle blending , ie the solid metal in the boiling water.  remember that one main big difference in alchemy can be that it uses 'gradual heat' .... that is subtle reactions and not 'violent' chemical ones .  See below.

It may just be in my head, but I swear my hair has taken on a blonder sheen this past week. Placebo? 

The coin is still 100% okay so far.

Its possible for many reasons , an overall  'subtle viral detox' and general health improvement for example.

I had similar effects with colloidal silver (combined with 'blood electrification'[ ) .  Also with gold (see below ) . One effect was a clear, bright,  goldish tint, near glowing,  urine.  I was told this would happen after about 3 -4 days .  I am aware of 'normal' changes in urine due to health, diet, vitamins and other things , but this was different .

My thinking is that if I am ~70% water, I can raise my energy/vibrational levels by raising the energy/vibrational levels of the water I ingest. 

Agreed .  We put in  Grander Water System years back, when it was brand new, even  a shower in that water was amazing. And I am a pretty cynical sceptical guy, I insisted the water be scientifically tested to monitor it .  Somehow it got rid of e-coli too .

People in this valley often call in to fill up water containers with our water , even though they got their own supply at home   .

I have been wondering what adding a gold 1/10th oz. coin to tetsubin water may do....("instant enlightenment", lol...or maybe just a pretentious attitude...)

I cant speak for instant enlightenment  , but a bit on the gold.  I always wanted to try that, especially when I was making my own colloidal silver , but 99.9% pure gold rod electrodes are a 'tad' expensive .  ( and I cant speak for this teapot method, no personal experience there, possible interactions with the pot and the tea chemicals ?  ). But  when I would go and stay with my shamanic teacher, the river by his camp was naturally gold colloidal  water due to gold deposits upstream ( which may be the similar process to a gold coin in a teapot ? ) .  He told me about the urine change ... and then to observe the rest myself.  Pretty spectacular results , but then again .... what a place !  What company !  What times they were ! And what a lot going on then .  So  hard to differentiate.

So yeah, try the tea pot ... or go camp out at a river with pure clean water and gold in it, and have that as your water supply , and nothing else, for a few days.

You probably realise  similar effects come from various 'gems' and stones ?  Quartz is an interesting one, I actually worked processing that alchemically into an agricultural solution .   Also topaz  ( as I got a huge quantity of high purity fine topaz sand from a failed mining enterprise) . Each , like metal, has a different purpose and energy. Topaz, for example is related to earth, dry heat and Taurian energies , so , for example, a solution sprayed on plants helps growth, root development, and discourages mould and mildew. 

Any thoughts on all this?

Safety concerns? 

Yes.    All substances can be both a remedy / health   and    poison  ... depending .

Eg, if the colloidal extraction process with silver results in a micro particle being over a certain size, it becomes toxic. The solution will not be bright, clear or with a trace of gold colour ( yes, even for silver)  but a darker, clouded grey or 'leaden'  sheen to it - danger !

(unfortunately , many colloidal silver bottles are coloured glass, so one cant tell .  This is to keep light away from it.  Other substances are different, eg, quartz prep should be in clear glass to absorb light . )

Anecdotes?

Note: Definitely not referring to old Taoist methods of cinnabar, mercury, or lead ingestion. There have been many documented deaths from those. 

My 'further vision' is had by standing upon the heap of poisoned  alchemists       :blush:  

But the question remains .... what is the ' healthy substitute' for  Mercury  (  the planetary energy that is )  .  ;) 

• Like 5

Thanks for the reply @Nungali. Lots of good points.

A) The wedding band being more than just gold. Using intention to charge an item (true love, hopefully, in this case) can make a simple item into a powerful talisman of healing or destruction. This is especially common in the Nordic system with the Elder Futhark runes. Or sigil magick in general I suppose. 

B ) It sounds like you find differences in the qi of water boiled differently as well. I personally slow boil my teas and infusions because it seems to give them a calmer, deeper qi that resonates in my core. Can anyone elaborate if I instinctually went towards silver to nourish my depleted yin stores as a young, active male? 

C) The urine thing is definitely true. Didn't wanna be the first to bring it up lol. It's been coming out looking like fresh mountain spring water lately haha. 

D) Your shamanic camping experience sounds amazing. That was exactly my thought with the spring water effect. Japanese iron tetsubins are partially designed to take flat water and make it taste like sweet spring water by imparting ferrous iron into it. I figured a desired spring would have trace rare minerals (silver, gold, quartz like you said, etc.). I should clarify I only add the coin to the boiling water in the kettle. It never touches the tea.

I forget the name now, but there was a famous volcanic vein of clay that appeared in Taiwan due to an earthquake awhile back. Tea craftsmen discovered it made excellent clay teapots/gaiwans due to the quartz and other trace elements. 

Daniel Reid in "The Art and Alchemy of Chinese Tea" actually mentions how he broke this type of teapot and still adds the shards to his various kettles to make them taste more like spring water as well. Gives the tea more of an earth-qi boost. 

E) Thanks for the tip. So essentially ensure that my kettle water never comes out the murky gray that you mentioned and I should more or less be fine?

And lastly... the healthy substitute more mercury...

I think I would be riding a Celestial Dragon with Zhang San Feng and Jim Morrison through a time warp if I knew the answer to that one.

Edited by Chá Rén 茶人
Accidental emoji
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Chá Rén 茶人 said:

Thanks for the reply @Nungali. Lots of good points.

A) The wedding band being more than just gold. Using intention to charge an item (true love, hopefully, in this case) can make a simple item into a powerful talisman of healing or destruction. This is especially common in the Nordic system with the Elder Futhark runes. Or sigil magick in general I suppose. 

'The Magic Ring ' an important part of the ritual magicians regalia .  

B ) It sounds like you find differences in the qi of water boiled differently as well. I personally slow boil my teas and infusions because it seems to give them a calmer, deeper qi that resonates in my core. Can anyone elaborate if I instinctually went towards silver to nourish my depleted yin stores as a young, active male? 

Maybe .  I was a strong Lunar type  .  My first real progress on the path was to somehow instinctively, go against my Moon stuff and adopt Solar meditations .

C) The urine thing is definitely true. Didn't wanna be the first to bring it up lol. It's been coming out looking like fresh mountain spring water lately haha. 

D) Your shamanic camping experience sounds amazing. That was exactly my thought with the spring water effect. Japanese iron tetsubins are partially designed to take flat water and make it taste like sweet spring water by imparting ferrous iron into it. I figured a desired spring would have trace rare minerals (silver, gold, quartz like you said, etc.). I should clarify I only add the coin to the boiling water in the kettle. It never touches the tea.

Some say to let the water stop boiling first, rest a bit then pour on the tea .

I forget the name now, but there was a famous volcanic vein of clay that appeared in Taiwan due to an earthquake awhile back. Tea craftsmen discovered it made excellent clay teapots/gaiwans due to the quartz and other trace elements. 

Daniel Reid in "The Art and Alchemy of Chinese Tea" actually mentions how he broke this type of teapot and still adds the shards to his various kettles to make them taste more like spring water as well. Gives the tea more of an earth-qi boost. 

E) Thanks for the tip. So essentially ensure that my kettle water never comes out the murky gray that you mentioned and I should more or less be fine?

I doubt that would happen .... maybe over long term infusion ? I was speaking about the practice of making the colloid with electrodes incorrectly , re the grey coloured solution .

< thinks >  I guess that would apply to one's urine as well   :o

And lastly... the healthy substitute more mercury...

I think I would be riding a Celestial Dragon with Zhang San Feng and Jim Morrison through a time warp if I knew the answer to that one.

Well, some used brass , even though it is a combo.  I cant say what health effects that would make .   When making a magical metal  ( eg.  magicum electrum ) one could use mercury, as in bells and tingshaw, etc.

For consuming I recommend going to   ' plant and mineral drugs '  correspondences for Mercurial energies .

• Like 2

"You consider me a young apprentice. Caught between the Scylla and Charybdis." 

Good jam man. One of the best old rock opening lines ever. 

Another thing I should mention, I rarely let the water reach full "raging torrent" boil. The water is called "old man water" after that as it supposedly is less oxygenated and tastes flat. I catch my boil right around 190 to 195 F when the water is kinda breathing. In between "fish eye" and "string of pearl" boil. 

Brass is one that definitely had not occurred to me. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the thread, im interested in the subject too..There are a few other threads here that discuss collodial and monoatomic gold you may find interesting.

When setting gemstones the type of metal to set the gems in was said to be important. The different metals could enhance or negate certain planets influence. As has already been mentioned :) as to the chinese medicine perspective i read that gold was thought to be tonifying while silver was dispersing. Though i havent studied it in depth myself.

i have personally supplemented with "ionic" copper and noticed increased energy in the time i took it, but i noticed only in small amounts is it good for me. Even though i think most of us are lacking in minerals these days I think its wise to start off small with any mineral. Iv thought about actually cooking with copper pots lately, but not decided yet. :) i think ill stick with my cast iron for now. As for the collodial silver, i have thought about it, but as was mentioned here and elsewhere, most of the store bought is more miss than hit as far as properly making a pure product and i dont trust myself making it at the moment. 

I have not tried adding silver into the kettle that is an interesting idea.. there was a time i had experimented with adding quartz and other safe stones into the tea with interesting effects. Would only feel safe with a few though.. 

I read reids book too and thought that method of putting the broken peices into the kettle was cool. I have been wanting to try the lava clay pots he promotes one day. Just expensive. And i have learned to be content with the small few yixing's i have, some of them are chipped, but they work! :)

• Like 1

What effects did you get from the quartz? I have a little quartz and amethyst stone sitting in my closet unused. You have me wondering now. 

I've heard copper can add an acidic or metal-y taste to food sometimes; have never tried personally myself. 

Something about boiling a coin or crystal resonates with me more than "colloidal" and "monoatomic" products. I tend to be super old school because most commercial products nowadays are very low quality, and old methods apparently worked very well sometimes. 

As for the yixings, as long as they're functional, the character is probably a welcome addition. Wabi-sabi? 

Great topic. 

Metals, Water and Crystals have always sung and vibrated in potent harmonies to me and I wear copper, silver and white gold regularly, yellow gold on occasion.  I have three pieces I wear regularly/daily, a Tourmaline pendant, circled in silver, with a silver inlay of the Flower of LIfe set in crushed amethyst/emerald and ruby dust.  I just recently changed it's chain to copper. 

There is also a double dorje/vajra (bronze, Tibetan) I keep on a small copper chain and wear regularly.  And then there's a Yehming Zhu whom I lovingly know as "old man Lao" who came to me some years back at a retreat.  He is always nearby, but sometimes his harmonies are too intense to have on the body.  When not on my person, he prefers to swing from the horns of a ram skull I have hanging on my balcony, gathering light.  He asks me to push him when I walk by...  (he's never stopped glowing in the six years I've been his carrier).

Spoiler

59e4bf5000899_yemingzhu.thumb.jpg.2b31fe4b74e9cbffda43f5d78f077204.jpg

As for water... woof... that relationship has really blossomed over the last six years.  We use one of those ceramic two gallon serving containers for our water.  The ones where you invert a five gallon water bottle into the jug.  We used to fill our jugs from a filtration unit near our grocery store, but recently I shifted and I now distill all our water at home. 

We live just South of Los Angeles and there is a large oil refinery a couple miles East of us.  Torrance has a marsh to the South of us and 1/3 of our tap water comes to us through a reverse osmosis filtration plant.  Being me, I ph tested and compared our tap water, vs the filtered water from the machine a couple years ago and found the ph of our tap water to be two levels more alkaline than the filtered water from the dispenser which was something of a surprise... (our tap water also has better ph than several popular bottled waters) but as I had no way to test the tap water for particulates and heavy metals, I coulnd't trust that... and my cynical nature was no longer trusting the maintenance of the vending/filtering machine dispenser.

As such, I now distill all our cooking and drinking water in a one gallon counter top distiller and man I really appreciate that thing!  That water is amazing!  I then charge every five gallon jug of distilled water with Solfeggio Harmonics and place a large chunk of Amethyst in the bottom of the serving jug which I rotate out every five or six jugs.

When I was seven, my Father took me on a vacation to his homeland in South Dakota.  While there, we stopped at an Amethyst mine, where you could mine/collect raw amethyst for 1$/pound (1970's).  I collected 7 pounds on that trip and still have the collection 42 years later (minus a few gifted pieces).  When my Father passed and I went to settle his estate, it had been a while since we'd seen each other, I found one of the chunks that I mined that day sitting on his desk in his office... woof!  that was a potent connection.  Each piece in the collection is about the size of a man's fist.  I place one of these in the bottom of our ceramic water dispenser to charge the water. 

Some four years ago, I met a composer Jami Deva, at a retreat where they were using his Solfeggio Harmonic compositions to great effect.  There is a particular piece of his that I have listened to daily since then... listening to it is like swimming in light... 

I place headphones facing down on top of the water jug and charge our water with Solfeggio harmonics. 

edit to add:  here's a link to that music piece if anyone is interested, Gaia Healing

It's touching, I just noticed he still has my review of that piece on his site.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Chá Rén 茶人 said:

"You consider me a young apprentice. Caught between the Scylla and Charybdis." 

Good jam man. One of the best old rock opening lines ever. 

Another thing I should mention, I rarely let the water reach full "raging torrent" boil. The water is called "old man water" after that as it supposedly is less oxygenated and tastes flat. I catch my boil right around 190 to 195 F when the water is kinda breathing. In between "fish eye" and "string of pearl" boil. 

Brass is one that definitely had not occurred to me. 

hey ... I like those 'different boils'   :)    I used to use similar observations about the various processes when I made bulk commercial hand made tofu

To assistant ; "  Cut the curd now . "

"Why, isn't it too soon ? "

" Well, considering the look of these new beans, and how the water boiled and the consistency of the mash, and  todays air temperature  .....  "     :)      'tis an  'intuitional' process . ;) 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Chá Rén 茶人 said:

What effects did you get from the quartz? I have a little quartz and amethyst stone sitting in my closet unused. You have me wondering now. 

In that context I was making Preparation 501 for a commercial market

Good quality quartz rods are pulverised, mortarted to a 'sand' then ground between glass plates to make a powder. This is packed inside a hollow cows horn  (alembic ) and  buried in earth ( the athanor)  over summer.  Then tipped intop a glass jar and stored in sunlight.  Used , usually, at a rate of 1 gm in 12 lt of water  (but being a kind of 'homeopathic solution' can be a lot less and more water. '  Stirred into the water in the proper manner ( and one might notice the water changes after this stirring, as you described water changes above ) .   The solution is sprayed early morning as the mist rises to take it up into the atmosphere.

It is basically mediating the other prep 500 which is based on the growth cycle  (501 is the archetypal cycle ) , that is it encourages growth without it being 'rampant' -  not too quick, hence weak and watery (so helps with fungus and mildew dispersion), the archetypal cycle is to do with changes that cause flowering and fruiting. If you like 501 is 'heaven' and 500 is 'earth'   .

Usually it is used at the beginning of the plant's development, and then again shortly before maturity or harvest. It has been found to improve the quality of the plant in regard to taste, nutritional value, and shelf life. It is best sprayed when the Moon and Saturn are in opposition which occurs once each month.

Other uses are  :    many underground  'travel paths '   (ie, in 'dream body' )  follow quartz seams.  Where they come close to the surface .... 'interesting ' things occur .    Then there is piezoelectricity ... fascinating stuff quartz ;

http://www.explainthatstuff.com/piezoelectricity.html

It basically works as an amplifier and organiser .

I've heard copper can add an acidic or metal-y taste to food sometimes; have never tried personally myself. 

Something about boiling a coin or crystal resonates with me more than "colloidal" and "monoatomic" products. I tend to be super old school because most commercial products nowadays are very low quality, and old methods apparently worked very well sometimes. 

As for the yixings, as long as they're functional, the character is probably a welcome addition. Wabi-sabi? 

Totally OT but  ....  ruby    !    WOW ! 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

@silent thunder I'm actually very jealous of that home-distillation set-up you have. Doesn't get much better than that. Unfortunately hormones and some meds make it through both R.O. and distillation. Wish I had a good spring nearby. Oh well...

You definitely have "intention" as an added ingredient which makes a big difference. I have one of those dispensers too (food grade steel though....dumb purchase from 2 years back...shoulda gone ceramic....) and I have to try that amethyst trick now. 

Sounds like you have your jewelry set-up down! Since you wear them so much, do you notice any changes to your qi, emotions, etc. when you DON'T wear them? Swimming or formal events or whatever. 

I am also interested if you notice increase qi flow from the copper. Western Science is very negative of its reviews of, for example, copper bracelets. Their historical use is indisputable however. 

Also, do you get a synergistic effect from the combo of gold, silver, copper, etc.?

I love your method of utilizing positive sound to change the structure of your water.

When I play guitar I sometimes reach very deep meditative mind states. Regardless, I have noticed music, especially self-composed or types you personally find especially "beautiful" can greatly increase emotional processing and decrease anxiety/depression.

I do have to stop cussing like the "Dude" from Big Lebowski around my water so much though haha. Can't be good...

@Nungali

That ruby laser is badass. I met set of some red flag with my relatives if they find out I'm trying to build a death ray, however haha. Very cool stuff. 

https://teamasters.org/five-stages-of-bringing-water-to-a-boil/

Here is a link for the tea temps btw. 

You're totally right that intuition makes more of a difference than almost any other skill in a dish. 

My cooking went up to a whole new level after studying 5 elements theory.

Your quartz plant supplementation seems interesting as well. I will have to research further. I have supplemented pepper plants with Epsom salts (and even a minute amount of borax salt) to good effect before. 

It is crazy how most life forms can benefit from trace elements in the proper dosage. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chá Rén 茶人 said:

When I play guitar I sometimes reach very deep meditative mind states. Regardless, I have noticed music, especially self-composed or types you personally find especially "beautiful" can greatly increase emotional processing and decrease anxiety/depression.

Hey i feel the same way both instruments/music and painting and art. In fact that is one of the reasons i was led to meditation in the first place, because i wanted to figure out how to get to and be in that timeless almost formless place where the ego isn't constantly pestering all the time! Haha. :)

• Like 1

Also, do you get a synergistic effect from the combo of gold, silver, copper, etc.?

I wanted to comment on this bit.  I am not sue it is a synergistic effect ( if you mean 'the combination of the whole is greater than the simple sum of its parts' ) , its certainly a more complex effect . It is more to do with  what substances work together, and the more complex effects that has  (  so, yes, synergistic if '  (from the root )  synergos,"working together".

Think of an astrological aspect in the natal chart and the combination of planetary energies.

'Combos' or alloys are interesting , electrum would be a blend of gold and silver , where 'magicum electrum' is a full blown smelting / alloying / smelting/ re-alloying process  worked in conjunction with astrology . For example the Silver and gold could be mixed during an appropriate Sun Moon aspect. Then Copper with a favourable Venusian aspect ... and so on, until you have all 7 planetary metals .

I don't know of anyone doing that anymore, maybe some antique ritual bowls  or gongs lying around somewhere .

I love your method of utilizing positive sound to change the structure of your water.

Ever put water in a Tibetan bowl and played with it ?   Cool patterns .

@Nungali

That ruby laser is badass. I met set of some red flag with my relatives if they find out I'm trying to build a death ray, however haha. Very cool stuff. 

https://teamasters.org/five-stages-of-bringing-water-to-a-boil/

Here is a link for the tea temps btw. 

You're totally right that intuition makes more of a difference than almost any other skill in a dish. 

My cooking went up to a whole new level after studying 5 elements theory.

Your quartz plant supplementation seems interesting as well. I will have to research further. I have supplemented pepper plants with Epsom salts (and even a minute amount of borax salt) to good effect before. 

It is crazy how most life forms can benefit from trace elements in the proper dosage. 

Selenium . An essential trace element  in soil, plants and our food .   Without it, we in trouble ( 12 -20 mg a day )  , yet more than 400 mg a day and  other trouble  (   garlic odor on the breath, gastrointestinal disorders, hair loss, sloughing of nails, fatigue, irritability, and neurological damage. Extreme cases of selenosis can exhibit cirrhosis of the liver, pulmonary edema  or death  :o)

Then there is the reverse side; a seemingly toxic  heavy metal ;  similar in many ways to lead  (one atomic number ) , radioactive half life longer than the age of the Universe ,  low melting point .  Yet you can eat it  -  'millions of Americans do '  every day  ( well, every year then :D  )

I used to play with it  - fun stuff . You  'grow' metallic crystals with it ;

Image result for bismuth

• Like 2

... of yeah ... 'you guys'   eating it   :)  ... ' digestive    tablets  '    ;

• Like 2

You bring up a good point about the healthy balance between deprivation and overload of, well honestly most substances, elements, etc. 

Like dehydration vs. drowning. 

You are seriously approaching mad scientist status with all these ruby lasers and homegrown selenium crystals. Very cool stuff man. 

It's also quite unfortunate the knowledge and methods we have lost with time as you mentioned (i.e. magicum electrum). 

The discussion got me looking up silver cups.   One of the biggest hits was baby cups, made from silver.  An age old tradition, have a baby drink from a silver cup and eat with silver spoon.  Beyond luck and sign of privilege I can't help thinking there is some energetic, hygienic or nutritious property operating.  

• Like 2

We have a silver cup that lives under the spout of our water dispenser and our habit is to fill it and let water sit in that cup until someone comes along and uses it.  Then they refill the cup and let it sit for the next person to come along, so there is always a cup of silver charged water waiting for use.

I've been drawn recently to making my own colloidal silver water, but am retiscent for some unkown reason up to this point.

• Like 3

"Born with a silver spoon in his mouth" was originally a dual reference to a child being both rich, but also very healthy, due to antibacterial effects.

Supposedly silverware users fared better during the medieval plagues as opposed to ironware users. 

• Like 2

Update on Quartz and Amethyst in tea:

Added white quartz and purple amethyst to my tetsubin water. 

My initial impression is that the flavors of my hongcha are blending more coherently. This tea specifically has an overpowering butter note on the first or second infusion which is now blending in much better to the fruity tones. 

Conclusion:

White quartz and purple amethyst harmonize water, blend tastes, and decrease overpowering or overwhelming tastes. 

Effect is likely more subtle than most people would pick up on, but is definitely there. 

Based off one impression at least. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thelerner said:

The discussion got me looking up silver cups.   One of the biggest hits was baby cups, made from silver.  An age old tradition, have a baby drink from a silver cup and eat with silver spoon.  Beyond luck and sign of privilege I can't help thinking there is some energetic, hygienic or nutritious property operating.  

The similar principle to a silver milk jug ... the milk is preserved a bit longer .

Also, in the past, not as many inert substances were available for containers  - except earthenware.   Glass was rare and expensive , no plastics, etc .

Lead water pipes  ... yikes ! 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Chá Rén 茶人 said:

Imagine silver water pipes in your house.... that would be amazing...

:)  

Image result for silver hookah