Sign in to follow this  
MooNiNite

Dreamcatchers

Just thinking about it...

A lot of mystical traditions believe in thought forms. Sort of like our ideas are some type of form/substance within our aura. We are somehow continually captivated by them..

Just an idea, but

What if dream catchers somehow tangle up and "catch" a person's 'thought forms'?

thoughts?

1200px-Dreamcatcher.jpg

• Like 4

I have a number of dream catchers presented to me by the Lakota as a token of thanks for supporting an organization that look after disadvantaged kids.

The dream catchers work.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I have a number of dream catchers presented to me by the Lakota as a token of thanks for supporting an organization that look after disadvantaged kids.

The dream catchers work.

Nice, especially because they're authentic.  Tell me, how do they work?  Better dream recall or does it go beyond that? 

53 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Nice, especially because they're authentic.  Tell me, how do they work?  Better dream recall or does it go beyond that? 

They're hung over cribs & cradle boards to catch bad thoughts & bad dreams before they float down on sleeping infants. (-:

• Like 5

When my daughter had nightmares I got a small dream catcher.  When that didn't work I got a nicely made doll, some might call it a witch, but I called it a wise woman and set it over my daughter's bed and let her know the wise woman would stop some bad dreams, and if some got by, she'd be there for comfort and security.  That worked.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 8

20 hours ago, MooNiNite said:

Just thinking about it...

A lot of mystical traditions believe in thought forms. Sort of like our ideas are some type of form/substance within our aura. We are somehow continually captivated by them..

Just an idea, but

What if dream catchers somehow tangle up and "catch" a person's 'thought forms'?

thoughts?

1200px-Dreamcatcher.jpg

?

are they supposed to capture our thoughts 'on the way out '    or capture dreams for us and 'send them in'   to our own dreams ?

In the past people used to say " I was given a dream "  now, in the modern world and with the modern mind ,  we say  "  I had a dream . "

One of the more powerful things we can say about  "I had a dream "  is when it appears 'the dream' has a life of its own and turns into 'I have a dream'  ...   and it is also other people's dream that they are having  .

Image result for I have a dream

... and in the even older sense , 'dream time'  is a very deep and complex subject .

Image result for dreamtime           Image result for dreamtime

It is my understanding that in many cultures dreams come to us from the spirit world.  So yes, a dream came to me would be correct for these cultures.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rene said:

They're hung over cribs & cradle boards to catch bad thoughts & bad dreams before they float down on sleeping infants. (-:

Aha !  I see now , I didn't get that before .

Like a 'demon trap '    ...... they , apparently, get fascinated by the design and enter it .....  

Image result for demon trapImage result for labyrinth talisman

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

When my daughter had nightmares I got a small dream catcher.  When that didn't work I got a nicely made doll, some might call it a witch, but I called it a wise woman and set it over my daughter's bed and let her know the wise woman would stop some bad dreams, and if some got by, she'd be there for comfort and security.  That worked.

As a young child I had this over my bed ....  it made me feel pretty good  :) 

Image result for guardian angel paining

( ... and look !  There is my older sister next to me !  :)  )

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Marblehead said:

The dream catchers work.

You  helped to protect those kids from bad energies and dreams  during their waking life .... so fair exchange   :) 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this