Marblehead

RIP Boy Scouts

2 hours ago, windwalker said:

That you would be in accordance with the great silent majority that is starting to make its voice know unwilling to allow 

the country to fall into the confusion that some seem to want.  Its a culture war

It is indeed a culture war which is being waged in almost  the whole of the Western world, the exceptions being found in parts of Eastern Europe. 

The problem is a creeping Cultural Marxist sponsored, feminised, multicultural, equality driven nonsense. It all appears perfectly reasonable and fair at first glance but on closer inspection one see's it as a road to nowhere other than decline into moral turpitude.

The "great silent majority" are very slowly making their voice heard (Brexit in the U.K. and Trump in the U.S.A.) but the status quo is still very much Left Wing Liberal, controlling as they do the establishment and almost all broadcast media. Hence any move to the right is met with vitriol by the establishment and their running dogs.

Edited by Chang
  • Like 3

Ahh the sentimentalists - and the great silent majority.

Oh to love the great past of humanity - the ten thousand years of war and knashing teeth.

Where men are men and sit atop fickle women and unbrave souls.

The great silent majority that is played like a fiddle by the tunes of nationalism and indignation and religion far past its concocted prime.

The heros of Hitler's of any form - please give me an angry strong arm and I will follow it to hell with my priest on his knees servicing us all with absolution in a raid upon my own kind in the name of a loving God.

Ahhh - the sentimentalists - with the bold talk of saviors the bombs and fists are stored - subjugation is their god - fear is their leader and boldness is their Identity. Fear of change, clinging sentimentalists - lovers of repetition - the insanity of doing the same thing that has not worked over and over and over again.

Ahhh - I so much prefer Star Trek

There is no left without a right and no right without a left - they are one and the same.

Each is perfectly imperfect - only the mind conceives of them as opposites and in this mindset yang can only find its heros in subjugation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

well it is clear you have a point of view from the last few posts.

I am aware of situations where a female wants to join a male team....I just saw on the tv with megan Kelly?

an interview with a female now a member of NFL.( it was on at my work)

I get more uptight about plastic bottles and over consumerism and waste.

I do not think a 50 year old man should be allowed to join girl scouts. maybe participate some but not be enrolled as a member.

participate as adult maybe driving a SAG wagon for camping.(support and gear)

I do not think of those kind of issues and then get all in a stance over it.

the world seems pretty weird and too often I want to be off in the woods or thinking about being away from it all.

thinking about an herb garden and a garden. I do not think I have to be retired to begin working on one.

can't say I like star trek innately.

been guilty of banging my head against the wall a time or two-sure,

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Spotless said:

Ahh the sentimentalists - and the great silent majority.

Oh to love the great past of humanity - the ten thousand years of war and knashing teeth.

Where men are men and sit atop fickle women and unbrave souls.

The great silent majority that is played like a fiddle by the tunes of nationalism and indignation and religion far past its concocted prime.

The heros of Hitler's of any form - please give me an angry strong arm and I will follow it to hell with my priest on his knees servicing us all with absolution in a raid upon my own kind in the name of a loving God.

Ahhh - the sentimentalists - with the bold talk of saviors the bombs and fists are stored - subjugation is their god - fear is their leader and boldness is their Identity. Fear of change, clinging sentimentalists - lovers of repetition - the insanity of doing the same thing that has not worked over and over and over again.

Ahhh - I so much prefer Star Trek

There is no left without a right and no right without a left - they are one and the same.

Each is perfectly imperfect - only the mind conceives of them as opposites and in this mindset yang can only find its heros in subjugation.

Very much the expected response from the "Trendy Left". The fact of the matter however is that I see no lessening of war and gnashing teeth in Left Wing Liberal dominated societies. What we do see is women going off to fight (equal opportunity) and enemies of every kind invited into our nations masquerading as refugees. Cultural Marxism simply invites the enemy to our gate rather than keeping him at arms length.

But we are drifting away from the Boy Scouts or Scouts to give it it's more politically correct title and it is likely that all things that needed mention on the subject have been mentioned.

One last word however on the "Silent Majority" those whom the Trendy Lefties enjoy disparaging the most.

Extremists and other such idiots always have the most to say and are loudest in saying it. They therefor tend to make the news and are most visible in society. They are quick to anger and are always looking and listening for ways to be offended.

The Silent majority on the other hand largely simply wish to be left alone to get on with their lives in peace. There is nothing innately wrong in this and they are undeserving of disparagement.

Edited by Chang
  • Like 2

err,

i'm not from the states, but as a kid i joined scouting, I thought it would be what the term implies. learning to track, making knots, building a campfire, making bow and arrow and shooting with them. I looked forward to it.

then I found that I was required to wear a dress...ever tried to climb a tree in a dress? or gathering wood for a fire, building and stoking it? dresses get in the way.

All the girls were doing was some stupid games with clapping and singing,:angry:

but the boys were doing all the things I wanted. My membership was shortlived 

by now scouting over here has both mixed and separate groups. Not every scoutinggroup is set up same. As long as the kids are kids the program is the same. There are separate sleeping arrangements i think.

for mixed groups

when they grow up they stay in the same  groups but the activities become somewhat different. growing boys have a need for a lot of physical competition and roughing each other up a little. They get that chance, the girls tend to want to talk more and get that chance. But they are still the same group and have activities together too. 

leading is done both by men and women, preferably with a scouting background themselves and of course the older scouts have responsibility for groups of younger scouts.

It seems to work well

I do not see any leftist or rightist things in it.

just kids having a good time and at the same time learning about nature, companionship and honour.  And adults working towards that end

Edited by blue eyed snake
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

an interview with a female now a member of NFL

There's a line that we as reasonable people must not allow society to cross. This is part of that line. Women can't compete with male NFL players...they will be severely injured!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

There are still differences:  boys and men stand up to do it and girls and women squat to do it.

Robert Bly wrote well on the subject of Men and the rites of passage. The BSA is certainly not without merit and a whole host of the members took to the reins and began to change it after all the lawsuits and many years of abuse that was uncovered. The guidelines they came up with to reduce and eliminate the refuge for pedophiles has apparently not only helped but it is a relatively good guideline for other budding organizations.

I sincerely hope the BSA recovers from its former habits including the Girl Scout cookie scam - if they are affiliated or joined at the hip.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

Having given it some thought while I realise that the Left seem to have become obsessed with attacking men - white straight men in particular - I don't think my objection to girl boy scouts comes from a reactionary mind set.  I think what is ignored is that it is psychologically necessary for men to learn to do things in groups together - going back presumably to the hunting parties of early man - no hunt = no meat = everyone starves and has no skins for clothes, bones for tools etc.  Now I know we don't have to do this any longer but I take it as true that each human life recapitulates the life of the species.  So it is still something boys need to learn - and with so many single parent families now, for boys contact with a father and indeed other men as well as other boys - in positive developmental scenarios becomes increasingly important to produce mature balanced human males.

Incidentally in the light of the Harvey Weinstein thing - I think in normal healthy societies anyone behaving like him would be quickly dealt with by other men.  

Edited by Apech
  • Like 9

If this thread is any indication, one thing`s for sure: the "silent majority"  -- not so silent.

I personally think there is value in both separate and mixed gender groups.  It`s not either/or.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

If this thread is any indication, one thing`s for sure: the "silent majority"  -- not so silent.

I personally think there is value in both separate and mixed gender groups.  It`s not either/or.

Of course.  But people want you to think that.  Its MOSTLY convoluted and distorted views and assumptions that exist... Not actual reality.

Thats why people are so caught up in their fantasy worlds of different kinds.  No wonder they have sentamentalist views.  - Because it is all them.  Bring on cannibalism... I don't give a fuck.  Just don't let kids get hurt.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit
  • Like 1

Good point about people living in fantasy worlds.  Can't seem to accept reality and try to change what they feel is bad.

Again, my old-fashionedness, Boy Scouts means it is scouting for boys.  Girl Scouts is for girls.  Won't be long they will be integrating YMCA and YWCA.

People can't even figure out what sex they are.  Something wrong somewhere.  But then, I may be wrong and it's all Nature's Way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Good point about people living in fantasy worlds.  Can't seem to accept reality and try to change what they feel is bad.

Again, my old-fashionedness, Boy Scouts means it is scouting for boys.  Girl Scouts is for girls.  Won't be long they will be integrating YMCA and YWCA.

People can't even figure out what sex they are.  Something wrong somewhere.  But then, I may be wrong and it's all Nature's Way.

Nature does not use man-made tactics or man-made ecology to enforce ideas... Only people do that.

• Like 1

if you dig a hole in the ground and burn a log--

it creates an ash hole.

:-)

aka....campfire

A CORRECTION:

the interview was with a female NFL coach...the first ever in NFL history

but two other women as football players(one linebacker and one kicker)  joined the panel

maybe college level(not sure)

I was busy working

and it is Megyn not megan

Edited by sagebrush
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Chang said:

The Silent majority on the other hand largely simply wish to be left alone to get on with their lives in peace. There is nothing innately wrong in this and they are undeserving of disparagement.

They do until things get so out of wack that it starts to interfere with their lives. 

Unfortunately  once it reaches this point it may already be to late..... 

3 hours ago, windwalker said:

They do until things get so out of wack that it starts to interfere with their lives. 

It might be encouragement is more effective than disparagement.

I agree with the 'too late' part...

16 hours ago, sagebrush said:

if you dig a hole in the ground and burn a log--

it creates an ash hole.

:-)

I'm repeating this just because I can.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2017 at 3:44 AM, windwalker said:

The reality is many people do not know what tomorrow will bring.

Where I live, most people get drunk all the time and have a lack of education, history and life experience to form developed conclusions.

If you were to take away everyone's addictions... It proves this quite well that people so clouded by their various kinds of wants and addictions do not seek to be better people.  They just want to stay in the warm goo that they are in.  This goo is basically ignorance because it protects them from seeing things as they are.

Its like the Buddhist parable of the Bird, horse and cat.

The bird is freezing in a snowstorm, falls into the snow and is convinced he will freeze to death.

The horse comes along and takes a big healthy shit on the bird.

The bird thinks oh man, it can't get any worse...

But then he realizes... I am warm!  He starts singing he is so happy.

A cat comes along, pulls him out of the shit and eats him.

The shit symbolizes ignorance.

The bird symbolizes the traveling initiate

The horse symbolizes the common folk

The cat represents a corrupt person.

The moral of the story is that not everyone who shits on you is your enemy.

Not everyone who pulls you out of shit is your friend.

When you are in deep shit, don't sing.

It is something of a complex object lesson.  Ignorance always exists and provides a measure of protection to prevent harm.

But, there will always be some corrupt people as well who under the guise of "knowing how it is, tell people what they want... Or even what they think people want to hear."  So, when things get political, it often is not always what it seems because Ignorance and corrupt people make up the majority of what is said.

I have learned my lesson from this as well.  How does one swim in shit to save people from bad ideas?  Truth is you don't.  They have to find their own way out.  Enlightenment and upwards is like a harsh cold blizzard.

Something I have tended to leave out until now... Who is singing the loudest (consider the message in the Media, what is reported) and what is the message today?  It is hard to hear, but it allows people to really evaluate what is going on here.  It allows me to finally complete the object lesson without pointing fingers at anyone.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit
  • Like 2

interesting more of the same idea 

lets  re write movies to re enforce  a  fake narrative 

Edited by windwalker

As a former Girl Scout troop leader, I get the draw for girls to Boy Scouts. GSA offers everything that BSA does. It is more about the troop leaders than the actual programs.

When planning meetings and field trips with my girls I used their input and interests as a guide to ensure every girl had a good time and learned something new about themselves and the world they live in. GSA is so much more than cookies sales and crafting, and it is sad that many women leaders are so afraid of breaking a nail, snagging their yoga pants or getting their Nike's scuffed up that they will not utilize the opportunities presented to them and their troops.

Girl Scouts leadership needs to step up to ensure girls get the full GSA experiences! Boys deserve their own program, where they can be boys and do things the way boys do them.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

No more boys and girls.  No more men and women.  We all become self-propagating.  Do your own thing.

Maybe this bubble thing is underrated.  I could create my own little bubble as well and declare everything else hurtful and harmful.

It might just be fun.  Really.  Simply Immaculate or Simply Obama Nation... No those were not ideological slurs dont hurt me with your shaming... no...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

Girl Scouts leadership needs to step up to ensure girls get the full GSA experiences! Boys deserve their own program, where they can be boys and do things the way boys do them.

Why not just allow them learn about themselves and understand their own limits and fears in their own unique way.

The idea of "do things the way boys do them" is already a failure point to start from. they are not "boys"  does not mean they can not do the same things, test themselves within their own gender.    

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 3