Stupid iTunes!

Apple pushes a software update and now I can't access my music in iTunes. I spend two hours resetting my account. I can't do that because my CC on file expired and the number I have now doesn't match.

GRRRR!!!

Here I am fuming. If I could reach in the monitor and strangle someone I would. Oddly enough part of me is watching this show, giggling at the absurdity of it.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

GRRRR!!!

• Like 1

Many software companies have a long tradition of doing that.  They modify the program so the old one won't work any more and you have to buy the update in order to get the program working again.

• Like 1

Itunes has a long history of screwing people on the updates.  

It's happened to me in the past.  Google the nature of the problem as exactly as possible and often you'll find someone posting a solution or at least a hint.  Also try a global search for all the music .mpeg and aac audio files.  Maybe you can round them up and use a different music program. 

• Like 1

Apple settled a class action lawsuit probably 10 years ago now.

I will never purchase another apple product after my experience with them.

They were caught deleting personal files from their customers hard drives when their program encountered music files that weren't listed in their data base.  It was an attempt to strike down illegal downloading from sources such as Napster.

In my case.  I had no files from Napster, but having several close friends in the music industry, I had acquired close to 10,000 music tracks of personal releases, demos and private live sets gifted to me from internationally renowned DJ's and artists. 

For years, I thought my hard drive had simply malfunctioned when I realized nearly 15% of my music files had dissolved mysteriously one afternoon.  After I was done raging and sobbing, (i've had a remarkable attachment to music all my life), I let it go.  It slowly began to dawn on me though, that the only tracks missing, were the gifted and privately shared tracks.  Nothing commercial was gone.

Some years later, (when I still read the news), I happened upon an article about the class action lawsuit brought against Apple.  They admitted to the action when they were caught deleting files from libraries that their source read as lacking a purchase license.

In my case, I lost thousands of personal gifts that could never be replaced.

I deleted anything associated with Apple from my systems that day and have never purchased another item from that company.

• Like 6

used to be a fanboi.  no longer, though I am typing this on a Mac Mini, that they upgrade/downgrade every 6 years.

So funny, in the future it's $500, ha haha

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

All I wanted to do was rip a CD, but I could not because I was locked out of my account. Now why I need a valid account to rip MP3s is beyond me.

I tell you, my next machine will be a basic Dell with Linux. I'll set up Windows in a VM and be done with all of this insanity.

• Like 2