Cheshire Cat

The Bible doesn't talk about God

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

Maybe  .... but what does  ' I am that I am '  mean   (  אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה‎,)  again , context !

ehyeh asher ehyeh [ehˈje aˈʃer ehˈje]) is the common English translation (JPS among others) of the response that God used in the Hebrew Bible when Moses asked for his name (Exodus 3:14). It is one of the most famous verses in the Torah. Hayah means "existed" in Hebrew; ehyeh is the first person singular imperfect form and is usually translated in English Bibles as "I am" or "I will be" (or "I shall be"), for example, at Exodus 3:14. Ehyeh asher ehyeh literally translates as "I Am Who I Am." The ancient Hebrew of Exodus 3:14 lacks a future tense such as modern English has, yet a few translations render this name as "I Will Be What I Will Be," given the context of Yahweh's promising to be with his people through their future troubles.[1] Both the literal present tense "I Am" and the future tense "I will be" have given rise to many attendant theological and mystical implications in Jewish tradition. However, in most English Bibles, in particular the King James Version, the phrase is rendered as I am that I am.

Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh (often contracted in English as "I AM") is one of the Seven Names of God accorded special care by medieval Jewish tradition.[2] The phrase is also found in other world religious literature, used to describe the Supreme Being, generally referring back to its use in Exodus. The word Ehyeh is considered by many rabbinical scholars to be a first-person derivation of the Tetragrammaton, see for example Yahweh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_that_I_Am

In realktion to 'I am that I am '  from  Cheshire Cat , in relation to warlike advice and orders issued to Jews , from me

That makes me the archangel of fire  !

see above

Then, don't say it  ;) 

I've studied everything you've posted and I still stand on what I said. You should study Hebrew culture more and history.

The Tanakh is a spiritual book. The wars in the OT represented the wars inside oneself. 

To burn in fire is to be enlightened and awakened..Fire is a symbol of life and essence.

I AM is the essential nature of something. It's timeless and endless.

"God" is vague because you aren't referring to what god. Is it the life force of all things, or is it something else? You are God, and so is everything else in and around you. You are the I AM. Know your true self and he will be revealed to you in all things. To not know yourself is to worship false idols. 

Simply BE...

Im not just talking out of my ass...I HAVE REAL EXPERIENCE WITH THIS.

7 minutes ago, TheCLounge said:

Exodus clearly states that I AM is his true name. Beginning and end. The very true essence of life. If you read the Torah he makes it clear that this is his name because it indicates his nature. He is nature itself. He tells Moses that he hid his name from Abraham but he wanted to finally reveal it to the people of Israel after freeing them from Egypt. Israel is the true self. Egypt represents the ego. The entire Torah is about knowing your true self. Not about religion. The 10 Commandments are the Laws of Cause and effect. Positive and negative. Masculine and feminine. The first commandment summarizes and fulfills the all..Which is I AM..Acknowledging your "I Am" is to know and acknowledge all life itself. Because it is all one

There are many titles used to "describe" him. But the Torah makes it clear that his name is I AM. Jesus also affirms this all throughout the NT. When the Pharisees wanted to kill him for saying his name.

There is power in that phrase. To say I AM you are realizing an essential part of something.

Where does Jesus say anything like the name of God is I Am in the gospels? 

9 minutes ago, Jeff said:

If you read the book of Psalms David is also very poetic about Gods name. 

Problem is the ROMAN CATHLOIC CHURCH took out his name YAH(I AM) and replaced it with "Lord". 

When they edited out out his name throughout the OT people couldn't really feel or understand the verses being said.

Lord doesn't mean anything.. I AM does..

• Like 2

Father (Mind/Crown chakra)

Son (Heart)

Holy Spirit (Sexual energy/force)

You guys can study the Kabbalah and really dig deep into the meaning of these terms

1 minute ago, TheCLounge said:

Problem is the ROMAN CATHLOIC CHURCH took out his name YAH(I AM) and replaced it with "Lord". 

When they edited out out his name throughout the OT people couldn't really feel or understand the verses being said.

The psalms are not part of the gospels. It is again the Old Testament. So I assume you do not know of any place where Jesus teaches the I am concept that you described or it is described anywhere in the gospels? 

Also, the original Greek versions of the gospels are still available.

10 minutes ago, Jeff said:

The psalms are not part of the gospels. It is again the Old Testament. So I assume you do not know of any place where Jesus teaches the I am concept that you described or it is described anywhere in the gospels? 

Read the book of John dude lol

Aperion also just posted and answered you. After Jesus said I Am the Pharisees wanted to kill him because he said his name. Making himself equal to him

And to understand the NT you have to read the OT and vice versa 

In conclusion I agree with Chersire Cat.

The Bible doesn't talk about God

It talks about your highest self..

Edited by TheCLounge

Popeye bible is worth a read for a deeper understanding. Popeye points out the many ancient systems systematical used in creating the bible. He examines how the traditions are bent to serve the porpoise of genocide which in this case is a very noble and holy thing indeed unless you are one of the "others" then it is not a very good thing for humanity

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Jesus says: before Abraham was, I AM

The mystics speak of a god head, which is the absolute. It is even before I AM

Because conciousness/awareness are also not permanent/eternal. But the debate is ongoing about that including Buddhism and Vedanta

7 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Popeye bible is worth a read for a deeper understanding. Popeye points out the many ancient systems systematical used in creating the bible. He examines how the traditions are bent to serve the porpoise of genocide which in this case is a very noble and holy thing indeed unless you are one of the "others" then it is not a very good thing for humanity

Thanks...now I want some Popeyes chicken..

Edited by TheCLounge
  • Like 1

It depends on your preference what concepts you use. For the great majority of Jews and Christians god is an old Jew with a white beard. And so be it if it feels good and helps them

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gunther said:

It depends on your preference what concepts you use. For the great majority of Jews and Christians god is an old Jew with a white beard. And so be it if it feels good and helps them

And he is not white, although nothing like white washing history 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

Jesus says: before Abraham was, I AM

The mystics speak of a god head, which is the absolute. It is even before I AM

Because conciousness/awareness are also not permanent/eternal. But the debate is ongoing about that including Buddhism and Vedanta

My guess is that you are referring to Jesus’s words in John 8. If so, you will find the same Greek words used in the following chapter of John 9.

The neighbours therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged? Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.”
‭‭John‬ ‭9:8-9

The Greek words are not the one for God. The translation of “I am”  is that Jesus is talking about himself as the person being identified. Now if we look at your actual quote in context...

Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself? Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
‭‭John‬ ‭8:53-58‬ ‭KJV

You can see in context Jesus’s statement is in response to being questioned about how it was possible that Abraham could have rejoiced about Jesus coming (to see my day) and being glad. Jesus is saying that he is “beyond time” and also sort of proclaiming that his realization is higher than Abraham, and hence higher than the father of Jews (and the Jeswish tradition). That is why they go on to want to stone Jesus in the next verse.

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Is that anything like the tuna of despair?

:lol::blush::ph34r:

(sorry, couldn't resist, carry on)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCLounge said:

I've studied everything you've posted and I still stand on what I said. You should study Hebrew culture more and history.

The Tanakh is a spiritual book. The wars in the OT represented the wars inside oneself. 

To burn in fire is to be enlightened and awakened..Fire is a symbol of life and essence.

I AM is the essential nature of something. It's timeless and endless.

"God" is vague because you aren't referring to what god. Is it the life force of all things, or is it something else? You are God, and so is everything else in and around you. You are the I AM. Know your true self and he will be revealed to you in all things. To not know yourself is to worship false idols. 

Simply BE...

Im not just talking out of my ass...I HAVE REAL EXPERIENCE WITH THIS.

Sorry Dude ... be as cryptic and symbolic with it as you like .  You do realise that some of the 'God's orders' to go make war actually  happened and is in history and the archaeological record  ? 

I suppose though you will say all those people back then got it wrong as they don't ascribe to this modern esoteric symbolic all encompassing interpretation  ?  

PS;  and self proclaimed experience don't convince me ... even when it is declared in  CAPS    :) 

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Well, he first claimed  'the Bible'   but  when I refuted his claim he switched to some rave about  Hebrew culture, history and The Tanakh ...   ?  :huh:

Nope ... when the term  'Adonai' appears   that is translated as 'Lord' .   The Bible also used YHWH and Adonai  ,  El, Eloah  as 'God' , Elohim as 'Gods, Shaddai as 'God Almighty'  , etc . 

Father (Mind/Crown chakra)

Son (Heart)

Holy Spirit (Sexual energy/force)

You guys can study the Kabbalah and really dig deep into the meaning of these terms

Now you are ascribing the Christian  Holy Spirit to the Hebrew concept of  ruach ha-kodesh : רוח הקודש,  Judaism has nothing to do with Christian Trinitarianism .  

In Christian Kabbalah  Holy Spirit is ' Sophia' -   Wisdom  and resides in the Supernal Triangle and  not down near  Yesod  (below Son / Heart ) , which is the usual attribution for the 'sexual energy / force ' .

What is your source on this ?    (Aside from your affirmation of 'real experience with it '  ? )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SHINTO said:

אהיה אשר אהיה

i am whatever i am

Spoiler

Image result for Whatever Face Meme

Edited by Nungali

53 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Sorry Dude ... be as cryptic and symbolic with it as you like .  You do realise that some of the 'God's orders' to go make war actually  happened and is in history and the archaeological record  ? 

I suppose though you will say all those people back then got it wrong as they don't ascribe to this modern esoteric symbolic all encompassing interpretation  ?  

Never said the events weren't real. War is real and in many ways necessary . It's the meaning behind it and the lesson meant to be taught

33 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Now you are ascribing the Christian  Holy Spirit to the Hebrew concept of  ruach ha-kodesh : רוח הקודש,  Judaism has nothing to do with Christian Trinitarianism .  

In Christian Kabbalah  Holy Spirit is ' Sophia' -   Wisdom  and resides in the Supernal Triangle and  not down near  Yesod  (below Son / Heart ) , which is the usual attribution for the 'sexual energy / force ' .

What is your source on this ?    (Aside from your affirmation of 'real experience with it '  ? )

I don't believe in the trinity. The Holy Spirit is in you. And yes it is the sexual force of life. Do research and you'll see. Wisdom falls under the same belt. When I say sex I don't mean sex as intercourse

42 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Nope ... when the term  'Adonai' appears   that is translated as 'Lord' .   The Bible also used YHWH and Adonai  ,  El, Eloah  as 'God' , Elohim as 'Gods, Shaddai as 'God Almighty'  , etc . 

Smh...Adonai is not a name. Neither is Elohim. Those are titles.

God told Moses that he didn't reveal his name to his forefathers for a reason. Instead he preferred being called Elohim. BUT that's not his real name. I Am is his name. Elohim is a title people subject to him.

53 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Well, he first claimed  'the Bible'   but  when I refuted his claim he switched to some rave about  Hebrew culture, history and The Tanakh ...   ?  :huh:

If this is referring to me I made it clear that it's in the book of John. And it is also addressed throughout the OT. Are you reading my replies ?