Jakara

Is KunLun Bogus?

<< Being in the field of executive protection and soon Law enforcement there is a time and place to be a ninja and make ones Aura & energy and body disappear. But it aint all the time...>>

Meaning my day job has been executive protection bodyguard & now soon Law enforcement.

There are times when you need to disappear and or give the illusion of that is what i meant.

"Target Denial".

thanks

Wow, this thread has taken an interesting turn! :D

My son, 6 years old and very empathetic, is very drawn to my practice and what I do. I've remained sceptical to teach him anything, but every time he feels sick or have an headache he wants me to lay my hands on him, and that's probably the only active thing I do, energetically, towards him. He is sensitive to energies and my emotions or pain wear off on him. Therefore I feel responsible for keeping myself balanced as well.

However; he wants to begin practice martial arts, and there is a Hiep Vo Mon Kunfu club not far from where we live. So I just wanted to hear from you if you have any advice. I don't want to mess up his system, so to speak....

Back to kids, I definitely have the sense that kids and pets are doing all the heavy lifting in terms of alchemical work in family and society and pretty much keeping the show running. But somehow when kids turn into teenagers parents go insane. I'm not 100% sure why that is.

One thing that I learned lately, is that apparently cocaine binds to a particular receptor in the brain, which normally receives a chemical generated in adolescence. The effect of this chemical is to make people feel 1) confident and 2) not in need of love, and is intended to prepare teenagers for leaving the nest.

But I think most of it is just unacknowledged tension from kids becoming sexual beings and this not being really recognised.

He is sensitive to energies and my emotions or pain wear off on him. Therefore I feel responsible for keeping myself balanced as well.

I think it all pretty much boils down to that when it comes to kids and cultivation.

There is a long tradition of children being trained as monks and nuns since childhood. Also, most notable martial artists have followed this path.

Who has heard of ill effects? Surely with thousands of years of practice, if such have been common there will be accounts.

Thoughts?

There is a long tradition of children being trained as monks and nuns since childhood. Also, most notable martial artists have followed this path.

Who has heard of ill effects? Surely with thousands of years of practice, if such have been common there will be accounts.

Thoughts?

I agree. If you have the right methods and the right balance & moderation of things kids will be fine. Believe me they have more access to certain Chi than adults do. So yu have to cultivate that before they are 8 years old cause the "gates" tend to close down a bit then. Also the Universe knows best so trust in the creator/Universe for the appropriate energy for your children. Do not overload nor blast and keep things playful and fun. My son at 9 did 1000 push ups(sets of 20 till he finishes he jotted down all his sets we counted till he got to 1,000 mind you he couldn't move arms for a few days but he has an achievement in his little self now most kids never dream of. in one day not caused i forced him but because he wanted to. He is stronger than most of the kids his age yet small in size. Its all chi : ).

If you keep things fun they will push themselves.

I only tell them they have to train at least 2 xs a week and i give them energy every day in the morning before school during and at night when they go to bed.

My 2 eldest are straight A students and honor role. My 3rd child is very creative and agile like spider. My youngest is 1 & 1/2 and is already talking words and readig some words in books, walked at 9 months. Feed herself. Goes up and down stairs climbs chairs, beds etc.

So i think chi with kids goes a long way. Keep your self aligned with positive energy and your kids will do just fine.

My kids kept bullys away and mean teachers away using energy work.

THe reality is that their little imaginations and ajna chakras are a lot clearer than most adults so once they know they are really capable of making magic happening!

Peace

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

Hi Heidi,

With young children (6ish) and martial arts I feel the best classes are:

Heavy on play

Light on discipline (save it for later)

Heavy on rolling, movement and evasion

Light on actual fighting

Watch a class, ask if you can try a free one (many schools will).

(IMHO) The key is finding the best teacher,

not the best martial artist,

not the best system,

but a teacher who really connects with the kids.

They'll have a lifetime to learn fighting,

as a young kid, let them play, learn to move well

and develop confidence and following instructions.

My two bits, I taught kids Aikido for many years.

Michael

Hi Heidi,

With young children (6ish) and martial arts I feel the best classes are:

Heavy on play

Light on discipline (save it for later)

Heavy on rolling, movement and evasion

Light on actual fighting

Watch a class, ask if you can try a free one (many schools will).

(IMHO) The key is finding the best teacher,

not the best martial artist,

not the best system,

but a teacher who really connects with the kids.

My two bits, I taught kids Aikido for many years.

Michael

If you want to have your Kids learn something special, try Capoeira, they play a lot, imitate animals, love the acrobatics, learn to sing ...in portuguese... very loud, play different instrument, actually they all want to play the instruments at the same time. I teach Kids since around 10 yrs. and the "game" charasteristic of the fight is really in their nature. We have a class for "mascotinhas" 3-5 yrs and children 6-12yrs. the lil ones are the bros n sis of the bigger ones, who were born into Capoeira. It is incredible to see this little ones trying to imitate the moves, not to mention the singing.

Edited by nils

A better sport for kids then might be gymnastics, then.

There, they will burn loads of energy and learn some good body mechanics and coordination.

And they don't have to think too hard. In fact, they will have to let their bodies do the "thinking."

Problem with meditative arts for kiddos is that they have monkey minds and ADD. And they lack the killer instinct for martial arts yet. So, they tend to lose focus fast or just mindlessly go through the motions with some of those. And get bored and distracted fast.

Hell, I even tried meditation in my 20s and couldn't really do it. Still, too much damn brain chatter and stray thoughts...

I would only let kids do gymnastics lightly for fun though - as competitive-level training can stunt their growth. However, the skills they do develop in gymnastics can then crossover easily into other sports or martial arts later on.

When ever you concentrate the brow or ajna center is activated it is the command center or the will center so feeling it activate when you focus on the dan tian is normal and good

"Why are there so many songs about rainbows...

... and whats on the other side..." Kunlun Kermit

Edited by Spectrum

wow. its so beautiful! :)

I did a regression once, walked from this life over a rainbow "into a previous one"..

ok. so, kids. kunlun bogus?

...the rainbow is fading...

- to be able to release and let go of the mind...and become childlike.

It is beautiful! Transformed in the alchemical fires of the taobums.

Hearts opening.

There is consciousness here.

Hello!

Thank you so much for your replies, all of you.

I'll try to find a practice and a teacher he's comfortble with. The reason I was thinking about the kunfu club, is that they have a "KunFu Kids" group for the youngest children (age 4-8), and I guess it's more playful and less serious. I'll give them a call and check it out. Maybe I'll even sign myself up for classes if it feels allright :D

Thanks for advice and tips :)

Cameron, this is not a thread about me, as such I'll appreciate you're leaving me out of it. Nonetheless, for a moment I'll address your comments. My practice results in short circuiting of the sympathetic nervous system which cuts off the cerebral cortex from experiential awareness leaving only the cerebellum to inform awareness. Because all of the conditioning/learning that one experiences from the time they are born is housed in the cerebral cortex, the experience of awareness in the absence of this quite profound. Simply put, it's the experience of awareness of one's self in the absence of one's ego, something long considered the definition of enlightenment, and which, based on my experience of said agree with. So, yes, because of my repeated experience of this awareness, I consider myself enlightened. I fail, often in fact, to live in accordance with that understanding. So there is the act of enlightenment and the practice of being enlightened. I've experienced the former...several times. And I succeed at the latter sometimes, fail at others. I hope I've answered your questions.

To clarify something else...I experienced CCOs before I knew what they were.

Humility is my path. Exposing untruth is my mission. Thus the content of my previous post.

Be well upon your path.

xeno

Hi Xeno, if you are here, I like to know more about your practice and from where I can find out more about it. What are CCOs that you experienced. Thanking you in advance.

Edited by taodancing