Jakara

Is KunLun Bogus?

I had a road trip like that and it all worked out. We thought it was pretty amusing that we couldn't find NYC!

One of Cam's teachers once commented on this subject that "Eternity is a long time..."

yeah 'specially when yr waiting for yr inner potto stop boiling...

Thanks but I find Buddhist philosophy to be pedantic at best, and generally disgusting.

That's some interesting verbiage, given how ostentatious you are concerning your own practices and definitions thereof. I cant fathom anyone walking the path of the tao and giving a blanket statement about buddhism like that. Obviously your little peek at buddhism wasnt very deep.

Boston, NYC...I guess you can extrapolate and attempt a correlation regarding practice. Look at it this way, the important thing is being on the road.

I don't see the separation between Buddhism/Taoism/Suffism/etc at the highest level,

This is very true. At the highest levels, the mystics do not argue about philosophy and methods. They understand the essence of each other's system.

It is at the fundamental levels where you get so much bickering over details.

This is the difference between understanding the "root" and being confused by all of the "branches and flowers."

It's like we are all traveling to the center of a sphere. From the perimeter we are all clearly separate, but the closer we get to the center the more alike we see that we are until we just merge with the oneness of the divine.

This is very true. At the highest levels, the mystics do not argue about philosophy and methods. They understand the essence of each other's system.

This is the difference between understanding the "root" and being confused by all of the "branches and flowers."

It's like we are all traveling to the center of a sphere. From the perimeter we are all clearly separate, but the closer we get to the center the more alike we see that we are until we just merge with the oneness of the divine.

Wonderfully said!

:)

Just semantics, i know, but just for claritys sake..............

I think maybe this is meant to mean "at the fundamentalist levels where you get so much bickering over details. IOW, the fanatical & divisive mindset

The fundamental level is the intrinsic level, the commonality when/when there is no seperation. The centre of the sphere that mantra was refering to.

I think maybe this is meant to mean "at the fundamentalist levels where you get so much bickering over details. IOW, the fanatical & divisive mindset

The fundamental level is the intrinsic level, the commonality when/when there is no seperation. The centre of the sphere that mantra was refering to.

It seems to me that the idea of the journey as the way and not the result - rings true here as well... If the paths lead to the same state of consciousness... & - Of that i am not so sure...BUT-If paths diverge and then merge what matter?

Just wear yr golashes (or go bare-foot) if you wade thru crap...not letting the stench of the world attach to us as we make our way... this may leave us clean as whistles when we emerge from our travels...gatherers of knowledge and meaning; not dogma and pedantic value systems that can betray us in many ways...

No, the important thing is to be on a road that will take you where you want to go.

You'd think that would be the case, but the longer I live it seems that sincerity and heart of the practitioner trumps the system.

Michael

You'd think that would be the case, but the longer I live it seems that sincerity and heart of the practitioner trumps the system.

Michael

Never was a truer statement made...

_/\_

Michael

Reminds me of the story of the woman who asked her son to buy her a relic of the Buddha during his trading trips to northern India. He kept forgetting to do so, so she threatened to kill herself if he didn't bring one back on his next trip. As he was walking into his village from the final trip he realized he had forgotten to buy a relic. Fortunately, there was a dead dog by the side of the road so he pulled out a tooth from the dog and told his Mom that it was from the Buddha. She loved it so much that the tooth gained a tremendous amount of spiritual power and people came from all over to receive healings from it.

In any case, my practice can beat up your practice! :lol:

• Like 1

Reminds me of the story of the woman who asked her son to buy her a relic of the Buddha during his trading trips to northern India. He kept forgetting to do so, so she threatened to kill herself if he didn't bring one back on his next trip. As he was walking into his village from the final trip he realized he had forgotten to buy a relic. Fortunately, there was a dead dog by the side of the road so he pulled out a tooth from the dog and told his Mom that it was from the Buddha. She loved it so much that the tooth gained a tremendous amount of spiritual power and people came from all over to receive healings from it.

In any case, my practice can beat up your practice! :lol:

wow I really like this story...thank you

i know this isnt the quotes thread but heres a quote that people might find helpful:

" Contempt prior to complete investigation will enslave the soul to ignorance."

Anonymous

Yeah, fundamental-ist.

Now quit bickering over details. ;)

Edited by Mantra68

You all require an Islamic exorcism right now! LOL.

Well how do you like that... we are all wrong.

Well it was intended with some haumour, but I should have read the whole vicious thread before assuming it would be taken lightly...hence LOL. perhaps this would have helped :blink:;)<_<

But some forms of Taoism are in fact associated with spirit possession, so it's actually not so outlandish as the Islamic exorcism.

Edited by Xienkula1
  • Like 1

There are clearly 2 kinds of teachers:

Nr1 REAL MASTERS that can easily prove their extraordinary skills and can be scientifically measured at any time and filmed. Unfortunately they are very rare and very difficult to find and once you find them they can tell u to bog off easily

as their expectations are very high and usually they don't need extra students simply because they find they can seek for the right students themselves if they really need him.

Nr2 MASTERS WANNABEs these guys can't prove anything extraordinary but they have a very good knowledge about their art and a lot of other different arts - they "know" everything. Usually they charge you a fee which can be bigger or smaller, depending on his business skills and popularity. They usually don't teach anything too dangerous so you end up wasting your life in a friendly environment. Slowly you become just like your teacher: You are very knowledgeable in the most popular topics but without any particular depth and scientific precision.

The only nr 1 kind that decided to go public is John Chang and then he realized that he made a mistake and should have listened to his teacher and went back to his hiding place - which doesn't make any sense to me but maybe we are just not good enough for him.

The nr 2 kind is everybody else like Kunlun masters, Qigong masters, Thunder Breath Masters, Mantak Chia kinds etc. Nr 2 kind is not always completely useless. Sometimes accidentally they run into some piece of truth that can be quite valuable - like calming your mind or keeping everything around the middle path - no extremes and usually just a rule - for example to take responsibility in one's life. But these Nr 2 clowns never have the whole picture of a complete system like Mo Pai and if smth goes wrong they are clueless as to how to fix it. A lot of them talk about things like levitation but for some reason they can never show or let you film it. However, most of time in the past they used to frequently fly and supposedly other people even saw them.

Another example of nr2 would be most of the Taiji teachers. Some think that Taiji is very healthy and it usually is, just like walking in the park everyday for 30 min is. It has a lot of excellent benefits, it will prevent arthritis, keep your heart rate stable and fill up your lungs with good healthy air if practiced in a good place etc, however there's no real practical knowledge of chi there. Other people think that Taiji is a martial art and unfortunately they don't dare to test it although it's a very simple test - any punk from the streets would be more then happy to show any grand master from any famous lineage that Taiji / Bagua / Xingyi has nothing to do with fight control or at least nothing compared to the ancient art of "ass whooping" that you can get on the streets of most of the cities for free.

Unfortunately we can't accept such an explanation because we think that we deserve to study with the wisest master of the world and have access to all of the secrets in the world and since we can't get a nr 1 we will gladly accept a nr 2 without doubting him ever, especially when he talks so nice to you, is full of compassion, always smiles and loves you like a father (since most of the time they are too busy to raise their own kids...)and has read so many books that he is able to compile them together and come up with his own system - which is kinda like taking the universal laws of physics and modifying them a little bit to suit my own, home made, "ancient" system.

This is just a very personal opinion, but if you think that you could prove me wrong I would love to hear from you.

V/R Orb

Just thought I'd bump this thread back to life as I suspect that Max is pulling a con because basically charging any fee is not the way.
Not even just to break even to cover all their travelling expenses? :lol:

Where are they supposed to get the money to do that then? Working day jobs?

I have a question to those who are negative towards KunLun and Max: Have you tried it? Have you met him personally?

Some people like to stick to what others have done before, other find that restricting and inhibiting and toss away the rituals and go up-stream. There's nothing wrong with that and to me this anti-kunlun attitude reminds me of fear rather than healthy scepticism. :P

Edited by Heidi1975