Jakara

Is KunLun Bogus?

I've been thinking lately about the different archetypes within Taoism, and about how there is lately some conflict on the board between the Warrior Archetype types and the Mystics.

It's as well to bear the distinction in mind. it isnt quite right to lump us all together as "Taoists", merely.

An interesting and valid point cat. The etymology of Tao reveals the meaning "the path of the warrior", and is often referred to as the way of the warrior-sage.

s-tao.jpg

When the Warrior archetypes and the Sage archetypes reach accord then maybe Tao Bums will attain Tao...

Edited by Sifu Stigweard

"hi Buddy. Again, speaking for myself, one of the reasons it is a relief to me to come to this forum, is because there are a lot of people here who have experienced things that are out of the ordinary. we can speak freely to one another here."

I have experienced things I didn't previously have a basis for understanding. But now I do. It's not magic.

"I am not invested in being believed by you and not willing to spend time proving anything to you."

Well this is quite convenient. You want me to prove something but when it's turned back on you, you demure. It's always this same cop out. I call you on your horse shit and you get offended.

"I dont feel that the onus is on anyone here to prove themselves to you, instead of having the information exchange /conversation that they came here for."

Nor did I ask them to except when asked to myself...but that was just you. You decided you wanted to jump my skepticism and that's fine. But you can't take the heat. Sorry, it's your problem not mine.

"That would be making their time here become about pleasing/educating you, instead of being fruitful for them."

Then I would say to them don't make claims in public you can't back up. I didn't ask anyone for proof, you did.

"I feel the onus is on you to go and get educated about what you find inconceivable about what we have have experienced."

What you claim you experience. For all I know you're mentally ill. I don't know you and I don't believe your claims. It's on you to prove it or shut up about what you think I know. I'm not the one making these silly claims about what I've "experienced." I'm very happy to prove, in person, what I know.

I'm very open minded and I am very hopeful about human potential. But don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining. And I'm not going to be lectured to by some faceless, nameless internet moniker. I'm an open book here. I've given my real name and even address to anyone who thinks they can prove me wrong or themselves right. I'm fine with being shown the errors of my ways. But it hasn't happened yet. The onus is on you. And I don't think you're up for it. If this site wants to be just a self congratulatory cult then count me out. But make it so and not public. Until then expect me to call you on your unsubstantiated claims.

Edited by Buddy

OK, Rain, watch this :)

The energy vampire thing is pretty funny.

We were all laughing about it the seminar this past weekend. With everyone leaving the seminar with MORE energy than they started with.

Duh?

I think it would be a fun creative writing project for everyone to follow SJ's lead and just make shit up about each other's lives with NO prior knowledge or experience.

Actually,on second thought, that would be really stupid.

Hey that's great you all had a good laugh about the energy vampirism thing. I'm laughing too. Ha ha.

Answer this for yourself. Which would an energy vampire prefer, a room full of sixty young people shaking and generating lots of energy or a geriatrics ward? HAAAA haaa haaa. Hilarious isnt' it?

In fact the situation created in the seminars would be a gold mine for any energy vampire, a dream come true. They couldn't come up with a better deal if they thought about it for years. Max could be siphoning 20% to 40% off the top and you naive little fellers would never know it.

What a temptation, what a juicy opportunity! Even a fence sitter would be sorely tempted. The only thing keeping someone from stealing energy in a situation like that would be ethics, Te.

But wait! Max doesn't have ethics, his website is so full of lies and boasting, all very unethical.

So there you have it folks. Aint that funny? HAAAA haaa haaa haaa.

Not only is there a real apparent lack of ethics, but the website is designed specific to attract the naive and inexperienced (younger) crowd which will produce the best results, vampire wise. No doubt he gives someone a little zap of energy now and then to impress them. Give a little, take a lot, a vampire's dream come true.

Suckers!! HAAAA haaa haaa haaa.

There's another type of manipulation going on with these things that is even deeper and more sinister.

Edited by Starjumper7

OK, Rain, watch this :)

Hey that's great you all had a good laugh about the energy vampirism thing. I'm laughing too. Ha ha.

Answer this for yourself. Which would an energy vampire prefer, a room full of sixty young people shaking and generating lots of energy or a geriatrics ward? HAAAA haaa haaa. Hilarious isnt' it?

In fact the situation created in the seminars would be a gold mine for any energy vampire, a dream come true. They couldn't come up with a better deal if they thought about it for years. Max could be siphoning 20% to 40% off the top and you naive little fellers would never know it.

What a temptation, what a juicy opportunity! Even a fence sitter would be sorely tempted. The only thing keeping someone from stealing energy in a situation like that would be ethics, Te.

But wait! Max doesn't have ethics, his website is so full of lies and boasting, all very unethical.

So there you have it folks. Aint that funny? HAAAA haaa haaa haaa.

Not only is there a real apparent lack of ethics, but the website is designed specific to attract the naive and inexperienced (younger) crowd which will produce the best results, vampire wise. No doubt he gives someone a little zap of energy now and then to impress them. Give a little, take a lot, a vampire's dream come true.

Suckers!! HAAAA haaa haaa haaa.

There's another type of manipulation going on with these things that is even deeper and more sinister.

Hey joeblast - stop reading pointless threads. :rolleyes:

:lol::lol:

sorcers are such pains in the butt.Always stealing energy from unsuspecting bystanders,harming furry little animals and generally making a nussiance of themselves.

Most sorcerers are healers. All Chi Kung masters are true sorcerers (not the fairy tale ones), it's modern shamanism, they are healers, they are kind. Ethics is paramount as part of cultivation for them.

Mantra is trying to poison your mind by using the word sorcerer, playing on the negative mindset created by the Western church, probably because I said my teacher is a sorcerer, don't buy it.

Saying wizards (or shamans) are bad is saying that all the ancient sages of Taoism are bad. Is Mantra, Max's sidekick, also manipulative? Stay tuned ....

Edited by Starjumper7

Most sorcerers are healers. All Chi Kung masters are true sorcerers (not the fairy tale ones), it's modern shamanism, they are healers, they are kind. Ethics is paramount as part of cultivation for them.

Mantra is trying to poison your mind by using the word sorcerer, playing on the negative mindset created by the Western church, probably because I said my teacher is a sorcerer, don't buy it.

Saying wizards (or shamans) are bad is saying that all the ancient sages of Taoism are bad. Is Mantra, Max's sidekick, also manipulative? Stay tuned ....

I said nothing close to your twisted concoction. Please include the quote where I discuss sorcerers.

It is not there, friend, because I never discussed sorcerers.

You are quick to put a creative story together from a simple explanation of energy manipulation, which actually makes you evil.

It is better to be good.

I said nothing close to your twisted concoction. Please include the quote where I discuss sorcerers.

It is not there, friend, because I never discussed sorcerers.

You are quick to put a creative story together from a simple explanation of energy manipulation, which actually makes you evil.

It is better to be good.

So now I'm evil for pointing out that you said bad sorcerer. OK ;)

In the exchange she took about 80% of his good energy and left him with 80% of her shit energy.

Now regardless of what anyone believes it IS possible to do this kind of thing. Of course there is a price to pay for this type of sorcery. Many negative things are possible.....

Yes it is better to be good, we appear to agree on something at last.

Edited by Starjumper7

Calling her a sorcerer is like calling Mickey Mouse a super hero. I wouldn't put her on that level. Her understanding was very rudimentary but sufficient to do what she did and it is something many people do on a daily basis.

It's a big jump for you to say that I am painting all Taoist wizards as evil.

Edited by Mantra68

Guest sykkelpump

mantra and starjumper dont use unsussessfulls tao bums to teacih all your crap.You dont even teach.Train some kind of stopping the internal dialog meditation to generate chi and use spring forest qi gong to open the channels.I am schoked how complicated some people make it .

OK, if you want to call her a sorcerer (I wouldn't put her on that level). Her understanding was very rudimentary but sufficient to do what she did and it is something many people do on a daily basis.

It is a big jump for you to say that I am painting all Taoist wizards as evil.

Max's teacher was Andrew Lum whose teacher was the grand master of Mao Shan. His name was Lum Dai Young.

Do you know what the highest wizard of Mao Shan can do?

Do you even know what Mao Shan implies?

Obviously not.

Don't put words in my mouth, agenda-boy.

The nice lady named Rain apparently took your words to be directed at all sorcerers, so for her you did, didn't you?

Obviously not? :D Keep guessing

So Max was a student of a student of a Chinese Mao Shan guy, great! That's a bit removed from the source, don't you think? How far the apple can fall from the tree. Lots of room for new age fudge to creep in there, and it has, big time. I've learned what Mao Shan implies, Taomeow was a long time student of a Mao Shan sorceress. A direct student, a first hand student, a real student, she knows what it's about.

Do you even know what Mao Shan implies?

Yes it implies sorcery. It implies Max is a failed student of a student of a real sorcerer. It's easy for greedy people to lose the gist of such things since integrity is so important in sorcery.

Edited by Starjumper7

Guest sykkelpump

The nice lady named Rain apparently took your words to be directed at all sorcerers, so for her you did, didn't you?

Obviously not? :D Keep guessing

So Max was a student of a student of a Chinese Mao Shan guy, great! That's a bit removed from the source, don't you think? How far the apple can fall from the tree. Lots of room for new age fudge to creep in there, and it has, big time. I've learned what Mao Shan implies, Taomeow was a long time student of a Mao Shan sorceress. A direct student, a first hand student, a real student, she knows what it's about.

Stop talking about Max and tell me what you teach.I know you cant show me shortcuts,but dont pretend like you can to the others here on this forum

Pretty soon I will be done with my kunlun presentation.

I think the difficulties started on this forum before I arrived and they started due to it becoming a kunlun forum. Basically it is turning into an inexperienced vs. experienced situation. I know there are many deaf ears to it and I will lose the battle, so hopefully I can at least piss some of them off :)

I think we all get you, man. We understand you are trying to stir the pot in here. Shake things up a bit, but you really don't know what you are talking about and you like to make stuff up.

Good luck with your attempt to come in here and piss people off. That is very constructive.

I ain't biting.

Peace on you.

Stop talking about Max and tell me what you teach.I know you cant show me shortcuts,but dont pretend like you can to the others here on this forum

I teach modern airbrushing on model's legs. There are no shortcuts, and who the heck are you to be making demands?

I ain't biting.

You came close :)

Peace on you.

Peace to you too, my friend. Just tell me one thing please. Why the hell are there so many lies on Max's website and why doesn't the fix them?

to everyone (about the thing bruce francis being thrown around by master feng ealier stated in this thread).

master feng is a very nice and humble person. and a great teacher.

if people are using his name to make themselves important that makes me a bit sad.

i will not debate about this. just want everyone to know that i am sure that master feng zhiqiang would not like that people throw around his name in this context. he is sure of himself and his style but he is beyond putting others down for showing himself "great".

he himself told us that he is just a little, little star on the big universe of qi. and i would say that most chinese masters would not agree on his opinion. they mostly agree that he is a real grandmaster (and if you know chinese masters you know this might not be easy they agree on something ...).

an energy vampire is for me someone who is trying to get peoples attention over and over again by emotionally arguing about things like a child. and repeating them. attention is energy. emotions provoke emotions.

i think we should get beyond this "my daddy is better than yours" thing as we proceed on this path.

this is childish. lets continue to practice instead of argue and reach states of being where we see that we are all one and connected.

starjumper. i will just tell you my opinion. feel free to take it or not (thats what you will do anyway). try to not think that i put myselve above anyone when i tell my opinion. i do it with my heart. we are here to learn from each other.

you tell great names as your teachers. make them proud. you represent them. you are one of their "products". if you love them dearly you know that we are all one. there is no good and right. you can tell your point of you but after that move on like a warrior. live is too short to stop and bitch at the neighbour all the time.

make you own house nice. loving and comfortable. i am sure people then will like to meet you and share their thoughts. if you really have the experience you state focus it on building something nice instead of destroying something else. let your experience shine and the outcome of your deeds will tell more than anything you are saying here. you dont need to put others down. make your own students shine and they will gladly post good things about you here as many do of max.

of course being a "vampire" needs "victims". people that resonate with that. i do not want to resonate on this matter. the energy i would like to contribute for this thread is in this post. hopefully not more. i need my time to practice the many things i still have to learn.

so love it or leave it.

namaste.

Edited by The inner Light

"People that are agog with misunderstanding and simply are unable to comprehend such matters without resorting to cartoon imagery perhaps could find entertainment back on their TV sets instead of amongst more experienced people."

Your passive/aggressiveness is amusing but your thinking is wrong headed, again. I understand completely that folks who think qigong is sorcery are barking up some fantastical tree. You continue to avoid the need for you to prove any of your silly assertions. I've been doing this for, I bet, longer than you, with well known teachers. I've learned very interesting things. But NONE of it is magic. You don't seem to be able to understand that if you make claims that you have no evidence for (beyond some childish "because I say so") you have to be expected to be called on it. But no, you want to live in some place where unicorns and sorcerers are real. Not surprising really.

There are two main skeptical positions:

One) I don't believe in any of this weird energy stuff because it hasn't been demonstrated to me.

Two) I don't believe in any of this weird energy stuff because it hasn't been demonstrated to me. And I further assert that it is all crap and impossible because I know exactly how the universe operates and am therefore in a position to say what the limits of possibility are.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the first one. Why Buddy rubs people the wrong way is because he sounds like he's saying the second one. And people who believe they have experienced weird energy stuff, are, not unreasonably, disinclined to assume they are delusional just on his say so.

I don't think anyone really wants Buddy to admit the truth of anything that he hasn't experienced. But I think people would like Buddy to admit that some things outside his experience might be possible, because he might not know everything.

Unfair?

Ian,

"I don't think anyone really wants Buddy to admit the truth of anything that he hasn't experienced. But I think people would like Buddy to admit that some things outside his experience might be possible, because he might not know everything."

I never used the word delusional. I know there are "more things on heaven and earth, than are dreampt of in" my philosophy. And like I've said, I've learned things that were formerly outside my experience. I didn't even have a basis of understanding them, let alone do them. Now I can. I admit I don't know everything, but I know a lot of things.

But if folks are going to make the claim of having magical powers then I'm going to say "prove it". If someone is asking me to believe someone can break the laws of physics, I'm not going to fall for it. Why would I just go on someone's say so, particularly some anonymous moniker on an internet board? I would be happy to be proven wrong. More than happy. And I wait patiently until that day, just not without a healthy skepticism.

Ian...

I just can't bring myself to express how off the wall your assertions are !!! You have one hell of a nerve ! :angry:

Buddy Has shown a direct link to GOD ALmighty and we can never ever assume our world views are valid as long as they differ in any which way from his...

Now do you understand??? :huh:

The guy IS infallable, the Pope in Roma comes to him on bended knee to learn the rules of infallability, throngs of warriors and sages are even now suplicating themselves at his door step and pleading for audience -or just to touch the hem of his garment...(he is undoubtably an impeccable dresser as well, dontchaknow???)

Now get with the progrom out there... der Buddyness has pontificated truth for us to adjust to, or just as our meager abilities allow... ;)

Get a clue -this presence here is a great blessing to all who seek wisdom in cyberspace... B):unsure::mellow: