Sign in to follow this  
RWP

Do Nothing and Do Everything等等

Has anyone read or can share thoughts on 'Do Nothing and Do Everything' by Qiguang Zhao? He wrote it based on a collegiate course he taught on Daoism. I liked it for its simplicity of expression and clear explanation. I've read a number of topics on Dao from contemporary authors. I'd like to find more books on philosophical "application" to daily life. Any recommendations?

• Like 5

Yes I've read it. 

Seems like he very clearly outlines Daoist concepts and gives good examples from daily life. 

Great book 

4 hours ago, RWP said:

Has anyone read or can share thoughts on 'Do Nothing and Do Everything' by Qiguang Zhao?

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Looks like I'll have another great book on 'the pile' soon...

Ugh, it's on Kindle. So hard to resist... ;)

Every wheel has a point at the exact center that, theoretically, does not move. Yet the wheel rolls along just fine. I'm still scratching my head on that one. 

On 2017-10-08 at 7:36 PM, Lost in Translation said:

Every wheel has a point at the exact center that, theoretically, does not move. Yet the wheel rolls along just fine. I'm still scratching my head on that one. 

The exact center might not move in relation to, well,  the center. But it still rotates/turns. 

The exact center is an empty space that allows for the axel to be inserted.  Without the empty space the wheel could not turn.

Therefore emptiness is useful.

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this